el primero de febrero de 2012


Buenos noches mis amigos. Welcome to el diá de muchas nubes…the day of many clouds.


For the first really cloudy day since mid-deciembre, we are not complaining!!

It meant a cooler condo, a cooler walk to el gimnasio, a cooler work out (only 31 or 32 grados vs the normal 40) and it also meant a nice walk for madre y Max…using the sling vs the stroller.

But first…how is ojo de Max? At 1am when we had to put some gotas in his ojos, the right one was sealed shut. We cleaned it and gave him the drops. At 5am it was much better and then at 9am you could hardly tell there had been an infection. Phew!!

As for sleep…how about 7pm until 7am!! And have we had grunting during the past 2 mornings? Nope!! So here’s hoping we are past that stage. Kudos to madre for stopping the dairy in her diet, as Max feeling better seems to correspond to when she did that.

A few more months and she will again be able to have leche with her tea and maybe some Bubba lattes?

Currently 730pm and dinner is cooking, Max is fast asleep and Bexico is in the oficina. And how was Max’s rutina today? Hello…madre had him asleep by 630pm!! Looking forward to him being wide awake at 5am!! Ja ja ja

But his 3 or 4 naps have helped and he falls asleep much easier when he is not tired. As opposed to me who can now fall asleep any time of the day!! And I did…for 15 minutes during one of Max’s naps I was in charge of!!

815pm…no Global…hello Rocky on canal 178!!

La cena was great!!

Back to the day…

At 9am we woke up Bexico and I grabbed another 90 minutes of zzzz. A cloudy day and it was late, so no Mojon. And as you can tell by the lack of canal 5, Global BC, no Carlos/Charlie either. I will touch base with him later in the week.

So it was decided I would go to el gimnasio and the familia would join me for part of the walk and then grab verdura y my shorts at the tienda de telas.

Here are Max y Bex as we are headed out. Senor Max is no longer a pequeño bebe!!


A nice walk and I left them to go their way. Funny story…after I left the two of them, Bex sees a couple across the street, who are admiring Max from afar. She waits for them to cross the street and has a conversation with them in español.

They ask what Max’s name is and when she tells them, the hombre mentions “hecho en Mexico” and Canadiense and says to his wife that Max is the hijo of the guy with the tattoo who is always taking fotos…me!!

I am not sure which of the many amigos it was, but it was nice to hear that story upon my return from el gimnasio.

Good work out for me. Ran into Ulyseses and after 3 attempts, I finally understood his question. How embarrassing and a note that I must keep working on the español. His pregunta? What do I think about him adding a banana to his protein shake? Doph.

Headed back through town and said hola to the boys. Lalo seems to have brought in a “friend” from Acapulco and Samuel greeted me with this phrase “Hello Mark, how are you?”…in perfect ingles!! Always surprised by that senor!! He is 18 now…a senor!!

Here are the fotos from the walk.

Must get Max a cell phone!!


For all you MS alumni...remember doing year end inventory...on Dec 31? Dumb a** plan. This tienda de abarrote just closes...and loses the day's sales.


Another padre y hijo


The hard working peeps series.


Carpinteros again. Note the hombre in the azul...blue.


Ok...so maybe the mail man wasn't working hard. But he does ride a bici in the heat...and has to wear THAT uniforme!!


Hombre in playera azul not only makes the bed frame...but lugs it around town trying to sell it!!


Not sure if she bake the goods as well.


Not sure what to say. But anyway you look at it...not an easy job.


I have seen these peeps all around town. They are trying to get peeps to sign up for tarjeta de credito...credit cards...for a department store called Coppel.


Here is the LINK to the Coppel website. Like several of the other department stores, they also have a banking arm, which makes it very easy to give people credit at terrible interest rates. Not unlike what credit card companies in Canada do.

There is no Coppel currently in Huatulco, but we have seen them in Salina Cruz (2 hours away) and maybe in Pochutla (1 hour).

Meow.


WFSITBOTT?


Those crazy sillas...chairs. Bean bag chairs are making a come back too!!


Peligro...danger.


Despues de Gabriels, I headed home and had a quick dip in the alberca while madre y Max hung out.

I called Carlos at Nissan and was given the bad news…no more Tony. I am sure they cut him loose knowing he was going to quit anyway. But Carlos is a great guy and gave me Tony’s numero de cel, and I will call him mañana.

I will probably have him meet me at the condo, so I can follow him to his padre’s garage. Maybe viernes the clutch fan will be changed!!

9pm and Bexico is working away. She still has the 3 clients and that is more then enough right now!!

And now you are caught up. Mañana? Not sure…maybe Mojon? I know Bex is going to join the abuelas for their 9am water exercise clase…and if we do not go to Mojon, I will possibly attempt to go to Inmigracion.

Have a great jueves!!

Marco, Bex y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment