miercoles, el 15 de febrero de 2012


Hola!! Just watching House Hunters International…one day you will see Mojon on that show!!

Almost 9pm…yikes. Where has the day gone? Thrilled that we get Max into bed around 7pm and now he is normally asleep 15 minutes or so later. But…we are eating dinner between 730-8pm and that is too late for us. Temprano (early) if we were Mexicano, but late for us.

Not hating, just stating. We will figure it out!!

A great day, but yes the hours did slip away. Max had a great sleep and was wide awake at 7am. My turn to get up and let madre sleep in. Bexico has been great with his middle of the night feedings and also has done many a 730am walk with Max.

One of our philosophies has been to be as proactive as possible and avoid Max getting riled up. Look at the signs and address the need kind of idea. That is why we are not doing middle of the night bottles. By the time we realize max is awake and/or hungry, then get a bottle and get it warmed up and return to Max…we figure that he will either be riled up or quite awake, and it will be harder for him to get back to sleep.

Right or wrong, it has been working…with a sacrifice of some of Bex's sleep. 

Doph.

She is a trooper…but today is pooped.


So…the dishes are done…nos lavamos los platos and Bex is going to call it a day!! Good for her. If she is asleep in 15 minutes, she can get a solid 6-6.5 hours of uninterrupted zzzz!!

Back to the start of our day…

Max had a pañal change (corrected spelling...pañales is plural) and then we hung out for a while. Nice to get him some tummy time, and just have some padre y hijo chats.

Here are the 730am session fotos.

Tummy time. Due to all the hair, max thinks Quatchy is me.


Ahhh...may I help you?


No small niño!!



Tonight he was making me howl. He has figured out how to speak, but hasn't realized not to speak while he has 4 fingers jammed into his mouth.


He does have the nick name Senor Serio...Mr Serious, but we think it is because he is busy analyzing EVERYTHING going on around him





And then it was time to strap him on and off we went. It is great to see peeps we have already met, as they say “hola Max” and smile. But it is also amazing the number of new peeps we meet on every walk.

I end up asking peeps how old they think Max is (“cuántos meses es mi hijo?”) and it ranged from 3 to 7 meses. That one senorita was amazed Max is now only 13 weeks!!

Want to make a Mexicano smile, show them your bébe!!

Here are the fotos from the 8am walk.

Usted no me puede ver (you cannot see me)


Timber!!


Is there any better use for an old, beaten up RCMP playera from TO?


Four Elders amongst the elders? Mal chiste...bad joke.


I was confused...thought these hombres were JW but was corrected by the boys. So...I did a little reading and now you can too. Click HERE if you want to read more about Mormons, LDS and missionaries.

Passing by Los Portales and the 2 meseros y cook came out to see what the fresh catch of the day was.


The sticker on the carro says it all.


Our gato friend came by and gave Max a kiss on the pie (foot)


Max was asleep by the time we hit the gates, so we went to the pool and sat in the shade for another 25 minutes or so. When he awoke, it was time to get upstairs, wake up Bexico and get Max some leche!!

Bexico wakes up, I hit the sack…and that is where I lost part of the day. But I am too pooped to go to el gimnasio without the siesta, so I gotta do what I gotta do.

I went to the gym and I think Max y madre went for their own walk.

Good session at the gym and spent some time chatting with Mirna (?) who is an amiga de Rosa. Also played the age guessing game with Mirna and an otra senorita. Hilarious.

And who pops in to say hola and not work out? Hector. No getting away from that guy…not that I need to. With our communication gaps, I think I have figured out that he might invite our familia to join his for a meal sometime…and I invited his family over to use our alberca.

Headed home as it was a later day…no stopping at Gabriels. But I did grab the last 2 bottles of Mil Isla from Isssste and also a bag of marshmallows from a dulcería…sweet store. Hello Crispy Rice square domingo!!

And it looks like the abarroteria that was cerrado por inventory, will not be reopening. I saw one gate up and it looks like they are moving product out. Oh well.

I do have a few fotos from ayer...but did not take one today. Huh?

Looks like WFSITBOTT sold a blue chest of drawers?


Side saddle


Have globos, will travel


Ayer, quite a few nube


Meow


1976 Camaro, owned by the same guy for the past 11 years. Imported from USA (duh).


How do I know all that? Met the owner today when I was talking with mi amigo Raphael, el mecanico.

Ayer WAS Valentine's Day...iguana love?


Not sure they are the same baskets, but the other day we saw a camioneta dropping off a hundred baskets full of fresas...strawberries.


This tienda de regalos had a tent set up with extra Valentines presents for sale. I ran into Elder there as he was buying something for his esposa.


Update on the taquería.


When I came home it was alberca time!!



Max had a great time…almost 25 minutes as the pool was quite warm. Funny abuela offered to hold Max if Bex and I wanted to go for a swim together. Kind offer but we declined. Funny that peeps just want to hold a niño.

I had a few extra minutes of el sol and then came upstairs so we could decide who was going to Che. Bex being pooped, I was nominated and off I went.

No leche…ugh, but managed to find everything else except Raisin Bran or as it is known here, Bran Flakes con Pasas.

Disappointed that the Amex did not work again and the little sn*t of a caja was quite rude. But the packer did a great job and I laid $5 pesos on him as his propina.

Came home expecting Max to be asleep in his cuna for his last nap of the day. 

But…..


Ah-ha!! I am not the only one with a sleeping Max on my chest!! Ja ja ja

We had a short time before the 6pm routine and next thing you know, we are eating meatballs on garlic bread and it is 8pm!! All good!!

Misc…

Great to know so many peeps. Yesterday I saw Elder at the tienda de regalos, today it was Galdino at Che, this morning on the walk with Max we saw Abraham from Nissan and on sábado at Che I saw an otra Nissan mecanico.

Temperatures? Lows of 25 grados and highs of 33’s. A little bit of humido but wow is it warm. We are finishing a 19 litro garrafon of agua every 2 days which includes 3 litros each day at el gimnasio.

Our jueves? Might be a Mojon day…stay tuned. Bexico has a new deadline for the NY based client and has also been invited to interview for a few other projects. It looks like shortage of work will not be an issue…but perhaps a shortage of time?

We have agreed that I will do what ever is needed to get her the time for work, but Bexico has also realized that as much as she enjoys her career, she loves her hijo more!!

Yeah yeah…she lives in Mexico and works from home…what does she have to complain about? Ja ja ja

Last foto of the day.

Max el plomero.


Oh Max!!

saludos

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment