lunes, el 6 de febrero de 2012


Buenos días mis amigos. 830am on Tuesday and the internet is back on, so here is the blog posting from lunes. Enjoy.


Howdy all.

555pm and we are all sitting on the couch trying to outsmart some college students on Jeopardy.

Well, two of us are and the other one is letting out rippers. Oh Max!!

No internet in the centro, and our condo, so not sure when this will be posted, but here we go.

Max is getting his bath….

We were up at 730am and I took over the Max duty. We went out for a walk as it is much cooler at 8am. But as a matter of fact, febrero 2012 has been warmer then febrero 2011.

We averaged lows of 24,1 grados vs 22,6 last year and we averaged highs of 31,3 vs 30,8 of last year. Hoping we all climatize before the humido starts up in April.

Some fotos from our morning walk.

From our complex, platanos y cocos.



Hmmm…macaroons?

And where you find one of these...


You find this hombre…who seems to start work at 730am…right next door to our building!!


It seems to be renovation season. Across the calle, this restaurant is getting a new piso y techo (roof).



But I could have sworn that they had similar work done only last year?


Yup…they did. Huh? They get more renovations then Coquitlam MS!! ja ja ja

And with concrete buildings, renovations are not easy. Here is another pile of concreto.


Some fresh cebollos.


Need to do some research once the internet is back up, but I think there is some sort of holiday today. Not all escuela are cerrado, but this one is.



UPDATE


With the internet back, ta-da!! El 5 de febrero is Día de la Constitución. If the 5th falls on a sábado o domingo, the ley states that the holiday is the next day, thus it was on lunes this year. Not sure why not all schools were closed.


Click HERE to read more about Día de la Constitución.

We did not see anyone we knew during this early morning stroll, but there was excitement!! We went to the mall, centro comercial, and even though nothing was open, we did some window browsing.

We got to the end of the mall, near the cine, and saw an hombre with his fairly large novia y perro. The dog looked friendly enough, but full of energia, and the owner was trying to make the dog look tougher by having a thing chain as a leash.

Well all of a sudden the dog shakes free of his choker and now we have a dog being held by his ears (dumb a** owner) while the two of them struggle to get the choker and chain back on.

We decide the safest thing to do is hang back in case this does not work and the perro makes a break for it. So we do that and within a few minutes the dog is all secure.

But then…the dumb a** hits his dog with the chain. I say “HEY!!” and the hombre looks at me and in ingles says “this is my dog”. I say si, but it is not necessary to hit his dog. He repeats that it is his dog, and then adds that max is my niño.

So, this is seconds from possibly going bad, but with Max in the sling, all I can do is give the hombre a look, making sure he knows I disapprove and then we slowly walk away, keeping an eye on the 3 of them.

Excitement in the mall at 830am…maybe I go back mañana sin mi hijo!!

Came home and it was leche time…so time to wake up Bex.

I hit the gym and had a good workout. Jhanhet was not working today and the otra hombre was there. He is not a gym guy and knows next to nothing about the equipment or how to safely exercise. So it became painful for me to watch as he tried to help people.

I have helped in the past, but today I was on my way out. The gym is not a gym with personal trainers, but peeps do come in looking for help. What can you expect for $300 pesos/mes?

Fotos from the walk.

WFSITBOTT?


This guy either has quite a few of these drawers, or he hasn’t sold one in weeks!!

This is a Peugeot that has quite a bit of room in it.


We would consider buying one, but they are not sold in Huatulco which means service would be a pain in the butt.

Not sure if this hombre is selling the toys in the bolsa.


Some schools were not closed…as you can tell by what this padre is wearing.


Taco Bell perro?


Have you ever wanted to turn on your TV but could not find your remote? I know where it went!!


Sooner or later you will find someone selling something that you have been looking for!!

And no sooner do I think that, and I was offered fresh oysters by this hombre.


Just walking around town with his snorkel, fins and a bag of oysters!!

Doph…Tamarindos!!


9pm update…it is The Old Man, his son Rick, Rick’s son Big Hoss and Chumlee. 


Here you go Poose. CLICK HERE

A few days ago, this dumb a** ran a stop sign and almost hit us.


Time for a diet!! Check out the spare tire around this hombre’s middle!!


Oh Lalo….


And the last foto of the day.


This is hija de Sergio, Gabriella. What a cutie eh?

After the gym it was the walk thru town, stopping at the papeleria to buy some cinta (tape) for mi paquete. I am hoping to box up the old clutch fan and have it sent back to Canada with one of the many peeps who vacation here and live there. Stay tuned.

Hola to the boys, had a few laughs at Lalo’s expense and then home to take care of mi hijo.

Bex had some alberca time and I hung with Max and then hypnotized him to sleep using my charm!! Ok, I used the swaddle blanket and bounced him, but it still worked.

Before he fell asleep, Agua Vitel came to the door with our garrafon de agua. Now here is reason #76 to learn how to speak español.

Last week I left our empty garrafon and the $$ outside our door, expecting the usual routine to occur. Guy drops off the full jug and takes his $$.

Well this time, he buzzes our door and I go out and see that he has 3 jugs, but both Blanca’s and our jug (and $$) is gone. I am thinking it is stolen and so I end up paying the guy $55 pesos for a new jug…plus $24 for the water in the jug.

Little did I realize (because I did not know how to ask him) that he had taken the empty jugs down and brought 3 jugs of water up, with one being meant for Blanca and one for us.

I think the 2 are for Blanca and buy the other one, only to have Blanca leabe me the 3rd jug. Make sense? Now I have 3 jugs in the house and space is limited, so I want to ditch a jug.

I go to Ricardo at the gate and ask if he can tell Agua Vitel to leave me the $55 for the empty garaffon. He tells me that they do not refund $4 for the jugs. It is yours to keep. Huh? What kind of wacky deposit system is that?

So today the mission is to actually talk to the Agua Vitel hombre and see what he has to say…in español of course.

It is a quick conversation. He asks how many jugs I have, I tell him I have 3 and only want 2. Will he refund me the $55? He smiles and says no. So I ask him if the jug is no basura..garbage, and he says no.

Back to square one. He says I am to trade the empty one in for a full one…plus the $19 pesos (we add $5 for carrying it upstairs for us).

Again I tell him I only want 2 in the casa and will he take it back. No is the answer. Hmmmm…how about I sell it to him for $30 pesos and he can pocket the other $25 as a propina…tip?

Now this peaks his interest and we swing a deal. I paid him the $24 for the one full jug we needed and give him the one empty. He then gives me $30 pesos back and takes the 2nd empty jug. I now have 2 jugs and I am sure he will take the empty jug back to work and collect the $55 pesos and be up the $25.

Now that is a story. If I had only been able to ask “did you already take my money and empty garrafon?”, I would have avoided the whole thing and not be out $25 pesos!! Ja ja ja

But then I would not have been able to use my español!!

Best part of the story? As the hombre leaves with 2 empty jugs, in broken ingles, he says thank!! Ahhh…they all know some words!!

After madre’s laps, I hit the pool for a few and then Bex took Max for a walk. And that leads us to his 6pm routine and you are all caught up.

After he was asleep, we had our burgers and watched a little TV and as I finish typing, Bexico is up in her oficina doing some work.

Bexico work update? Client in NY has called an audible and is changing the direction of the animation. Doph. No issue as Bex is paid hourly for the work, including all the work that the client no longer needs.

And with repeat clients, Bex is finishing up a character design for the client in England and has a 10 hour project with her client in Australia. He has also sent her another script for cost analysis…busy times!!

Our martes? Internet dependent…I might work on Max’s inmigracion info. I did a quick look and could not find the CD with our Mojon survey…so will probably give Roman the go ahead and get the FZ done. And there is always Charlie I need to find!!

Quick Max update…we put him on his tummy and he can almost roll over onto his back!! And? I had a 15 minute “conversation” with him today!! How exciting!!

Max fotos mañana!!

saludos

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment