martes, el 21 de febrero de 2012


Buenos noches. And on this day in 1974….Canadian donut icon Tim Horton passed away after a car accident. Raise your coffee cup when you have your double double.

Our day? Up at 730am with Senor Max. But instead of the usual rutina, lube, oil and filter change, followed by a walk…we had to change plans. Por que? Porque Max, for the first time maybe ever, had no business within the first hour of being awake.

And knowing the lil’hombre and his bowel abilities….there was NO way I was strapping him into the sling and heading out to the centro. With my luck, I would have reached the zocalo and would have needed to hose down my leg and the sidewalk!! Ja ja ja

So we hung out and chatted about life and I did my best to coax out Senor Ka Ka. No luck…I must find out madre’s tricks!!

A little cooler at that hour of the morning, so Max was bundled in his favorite blanket…the $10 special from the Stupid Store.




Bexico had been up late with work, so the goal was to let her sleep in as long as possible. That meant finishing off the 2 bottles of leche in the fridge and then getting the hombre con ojo de Diablo, into his cuna.

And how did that go today? Well after his first round of bouncing, he fell asleep and then 10 minutes later I hear this sucking and slurping noise. Who is wide awake? Doph. I grab him and get ready for round 2 when I realize "forget round 2"…he has done #2!!! LOL.

And with sensitive Max, you gotta smile when changing him. And after the new pañale, how did his rutina go? Not so good. The guy did not want to go in the cuna, so I rocked him until he was asleep and then hola to my chest!!

Best 30 minutes of MY day and after he awoke, we thought we might as well have him chat with mis padres. Had a nice FT and then it was time to wake up Bexico.

The day was slipping away, so we have postponed Mojon and decided today would be a Playa Chahue day. It is a 5 minute drive, saving us almost an hour in travel time.

So I headed out to el gimnasio and Max and Bex hung out.

Good workout for me, and the place was full of peeps I normally do not see.

No walk through centro as we had plans, so came home right away.

Here are the fotos from the walk.

Not sure about the aerodynamics and gas mileage.


33 grados today...blanket anyone?


The last time were at Mojon, we picked up dos hombres and gave them a lift, on the outside of the camioneta, to the highway. We always drop them off thinking any further is probably illegal and peligroso...dangerous. Maybe it isn't?


Mi coco frio amigo hasn't been seen in a week. Someone is taking advantage of his absence.


You see this and you know the "mother ship" isn't too far away.


Ta-da!!


A lot of hats and misc items.


Tough to see the camo hats...no joking. Anyway, they wanted $60 pesos and were willing to go to $50...but the hats were too small for my melon.


Two big bolsa de hielo y un bici.


Zapatos y mas zapatos.


You know the abarrotes store is not opening again, when you see the air con units being removed.


You see this camioneta on the highway, either hang waaaay back, or pass it quickly.


Not the fastest repair job by Raphael. Parts for a 1976 Camaro? Good luck.


On the road in the industrial section.


I have seen peeps wait while a mecanico changes engines.


The last time I saw something like this, I asked if I could take a foto and was told no. Mis amigos told me it could be narcos or illegal pescado.


So today I did not ask "¿con permiso?"!! I saw some big tales and other parts of fish...no idea what tipo.






With loud speaker blaring and an hombre waving a copy out the rear side window, these peeps were selling periódicos...newspapers.


Harina, a whole lot of flour.


More trimming of the arbols on the complex grounds.


This worker at the complex next to ours, was fishing for some free fruit.


Our Chaue plan had Bexico walking to Chahue con Max and me taking the camioneta, stopping first to pay the Telmex (hello 3 Mbps!!) bill and then off to Fonatur to drop off the recycling.

Perfect timing as we met at the playa and spent a few hours there. Max was overwhelmed by the sound of del mar (the ocean) and with the crashing waves. But he toughed it out for a few minutes and it is in our plans to continue to expose him to the ocean.

Dumb a** move of the day? I plopped Max in the arena (sand) and as Bexico said, he looked like the top of a sesame seeded hamburger bun. Sand everywhere and in every crevice. Oh Bubba. Max didn’t seem to mind…phew.

We love the papas frances they sell at the restaurante…but they ran out of gas (propane). Maybe mañana!!

Fotos from Playa Chahue.

It is muy tranquilo in town...and on the playa.



Max with his shades, in the shade. On one of the quilts mi madre made for him!!


Best amigos.


Senor Serio..antes the oceano!!


Hola madre!!


This is me fighting the strong under tow. Did I tell you I failed Beginners swimming 8 veces?


Bubba...soon to be a 47 year old.


And the body of a 32 year old!!


A little "Baywatch" for the camera!!



Not sure...we think Max is teething.


When the beach time was over, Bex y Max walked home and I stopped at Che. They actually beat me home by 10 minutes!! No scores at Che…and no leche either. Doph.

Made it home with 30 minutes to spare before the 6pm runtina, so headed down for a quick dip and shower at the alberca. Doph…the pool was sooo cloudy and gross looking yikes. I was actually stopped by a bunch of peeps, who gave me the warning.

Earlier today I had asked Oscar, the property manager, about the sucio pool and he said the filter is broken and should be working again mañana. Do I need to remind you about what the word mañana in español means? Ahhh…tomorrow…or the day after…or… Ja ja ja

Down at the alberca, I grabbed a shower, said hola to a few peeps and headed back upstairs. We conducted the rutina and at 930pm, la cena is done, the dishes are put away and Bexico is making some tea before heading up to the oficina.

She has 2 confirmed clients on the go, one on standby and mañana, is having a Skype with a potential new client. Phew.

Our mañana? Well, we are having la cena de mi cumpleaños at Los Portales, around 5pm so we do not mess up the lil’hombres rutina. We were thinking about a 2x1 movie, but trying to fit all that in would be just too much.

As it is so easy, we might go back to Playa Chahue, and there is a distinct possibility we will all stop at Senor Pucks so I can have a Bexico made Triple Golden Margarita…just like the old days.

Throw in some time at el gimnasio and that sounds like a full día!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment