lunes, el 20 de febrero de 2012


Buenos noches. Pizza night here in Huatulco.

First things first…Feliz Cumpleaños padre!! We had an nice FT with mi padre, Max seems to always enjoy seeing his abuelo.

630pm and Bexico is in the bedroom with the lil’hombre. No “number” cards esta noche as Max ran out of steam right as his bath was finito.

He had a great day…I hope he enjoyed the 1 hour nap on my chest as much as I did!! Hey…I tried to get him to sleep in the cuna…no go for nap #3. Better the chest vs NO nap!!

This morning he was up temprano and Bexico took him for the walk. I was up at 830am and took over, and managed to get him to sleep in his cuna for his first nap of the day.

Bex grabbed some more shut eye while I waited for Max to awaken.

He grabbed a good 20 minutes and then we sat around and chatted about life.

But before the chat, he went into his “soldier” pose.

Here he is getting ready...


Attention!!


And with time to spare for a smile!!


Giggle it, just a little bit...Max bust'in some moves.



Not sure what that is all about, but it makes us laugh. He is a character…wonder where he gets that from?

We needed to wake madre up at 10am or so…leche time. After his snack, we decided to leave the house together. Me to el gimnasio and the two of them for some verdura.

First though, we stopped at another tienda plasticos to look into another tina (tub) for Max. Not big enough…or too big for the condo. We will be ok once he sits up more and other then that…hola alberca!!

We went our separate ways and antes el gimnasio…hola to the peluquería…barbershop. I figure if I don’t know all the words, bring some fotos, and go to a place with an hombre and hope for the best.

No foto but I was laughing when I walked in and just like a tattoo shop, there were hand drawn pictures (over 80) of different styles you could chose from.

Jorge is a good barber/hair dresser and after letting him no “no mas” off the sides and “poco mas” off the top…I have a haircut reminiscent of Kevin Costner in the pelicula The Body Guard. Hey…for $70 pesos, I will not be boiling hot anymore!!

Jorge spoke some ingles, 3 years in California will do that for you.

And when it came time for the final touches, using clippers…NOPE…out came the shaving cream and straight edge razor. No sangre (blood), I survived!!

It is muy corte…very short…so much so that peeps at the alberca made a comment. I think Max likes it, but he now has more cabello then me. Ja ja ja

Off to el gimnasio and had a great workout. Hector arrived as I was leaving…his shoulder is better he says.

Pit stop at Isssste…needed some more BBQ sauce for our next desayuno de cerdo hash.

Into centro, hola to all the amigos and then home for Max relief duty.

Fotos from my walk.

GREAT union job (except for the pay). You stand on the rail, clang the piece of metal to alert everyone to bring out their basura, and then you hit the crunch button when the catcher is full.


This niño has different aspirations.


More of those baskets that used to hold strawberries. 


Laundry y rebar...worthy of a foto



CFE, the Mexican electric company, is the only utility here that I have seen practice any safety procedures...like hard hats and a strict "no flip flop" policy!!


The escalera (ladder) series.


The camioneta was parked next to the parque.


Primero hombre (in blue) heading out.


Segundo hombre...taking a break in the sombre (shade)


Tercer (3rd) hombre negotiating a tight turn


Cuarto hombre is either a great salesman...or a weakling!!


Late night...o una mañana temprana (early morning) at Bar Bamboleo!!


So I think I have figured out what might have happened with mi amigo Daniel. Fonatur doesn't have anyone cleaning up the streets Daniel used to be in charge of, but they send down a crew every now and then, and clean up a month's worth of leaves etc.


The carpinteros have their hand carts ready to be loaded.


Side street in the middle of no where. 


Yes they do clean up here...but that pile might be there for a while.

An hombre and some birds.


Gato durmiendo...miau


Tres niños on their way to escuela


Dos amigos? Miau miau


Lunch break for this group of Fonatur workers. Time to break out a game of Texas hold'em?


And to put some faces to the names at Gabriels...


This is Carlos. Last year he worked in Santa Cruz and tells me he has been in Huatulco for years.


At the tienda next to Gabriels is Pancho aka Einstein. He was giving me the gears about my haircut...I gave it back by calling him Einstein. Everyone laughed and hey...it could have been much worse.

 

Daniel de la derecha (on the right), Vicky (su madre...their mother) in the middle and Daniel's hermano menor on the izquierda.


Once home, I found out Max had been stubborn and was not going to nap. I tell you…he FIGHTS off his sleepiness by staring at things, the niño hates to miss anything.

So Bex headed to the pool and I gave it my best shot. I had him asleep in my arms twice, but could not get him into the cuna. He would give me “el ojo Diablo” and then wake up.

So onto the chest and we let it be.

And an hour later, more leche and then we all hit the pool. His floatie (with sun shade) is just a tad too big for him, another moth or so. But the rash guard made for a 6 month old niño? Almost a perfect fit…of course.

Today was his BEST day in the pool. He loved it, had no fusses, drank only a little taste of pool water (my fault…doph), and was the centre of attention with his sonreír (smile) and his cooing. And the funniest part? He was mimicking the motorboat sounds we were making. Hilarious.

Upstairs for 5pm and then Jeopardy at 530pm, followed by bath time at 6pm.

Misc…

We received our Telmex bill today…$389 pesos. There was an insert that states we have 3 times the velocidad of our conexion…sin costo adicional!!

So I ran the Speed Test and guess what…at least for this test, they weren’t kidding. We ran…wait for it…3.02 Mbps download and .48 Mbps upload!! Fast eh? I wonder if the otra paquetes are now triple the speed as well? That would make it almost 10Mbps!!

UPDATE

I had to know…and now I share it with you.

HERE is the Telmex paquete page. Click on the “ver más” under each precio and you will see the posted velocidads.

Mañana…no plans. Maybe Mojon?

Have a great martes.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment