viernes, el 3 de febrero de 2012


Buenos tardes mis amigos!!

5pm here in Huatulco and it is muy tranquilo. Por que? Max y madre are having a well deserved siesta!!

First fotos of the day? The sunset from ayer.



Hoy, Max has had less naps then normal and that did not bode well for alberca time. One of the MANY things I love about him is that he does not just start wailing when he is unhappy…but lets us know with a gradual whimper.

Into the pool and within a few minutes he was letting me know that today was not a swim day.

So Bex took care of him, drying him off etc, while I did a few laps. I took him upstairs and after bouncing him for a few minutes, lights out!!

Bexico came back from the alberca and was about to make ensaladas, when I suggested a well deserved siesta with her hijo…and twisted her rubber arm and off the two of them went….zzzzzz!!

Bex was pooped, again, because she not only had a few feed sessions last night, but Max was up earlier then normal and she joined him for some play time.

I was up at 730am and took over, knowing that at 9am, Tony was coming over to take me to his padres garage.

And at 825am, who buzzes our door? Tony. Holy cr*p…a Mexican that is temprano vs tarde!!

I had him wait outside for a few minutes as the condo had niño stuff every where, gave Max to Bex and then invited Tony in to watch some hockey highlights in HD while I hit the ducha.

We left at 9am, with Tony driving the camioneta because he knows where his garage is…and he LOVES driving the 6 cylinder super charged Frontier!!

The garage is a 20 foot wide loot with one wall at the back, and a tin roof. No doors or windows needed. It is located in the industrial section, past mi gimnasio.

His padre came over to say hola…I had met him before, and then he went back to replacing a timing chain on a Nissan Tsuru…the #1 make and model of taxis in most parts of Mexico.

Click HERE for a link to the Tsuru web page.

Muy barrato and if you own one and have an issue, you can get parts for it ANYWHERE in Mexico!!!

Tony went about the business of replacing the clutch fan and he seemed to know what he was doing. By 1015am…I was home!! Total cost of the job…$200 pesos…$16 Cdn. I threw him an extra $50 for coming to the condo and waiting the 35 minutes…he was appreciative.

As he was about to jump on his moto and head back, we saw Bill…Memo…and I introduced them. Bill speaks very good español and when they were done and Bill had left, Tony asked me if Bill was poco-loco!! Ja ja ja

Saw Bill a few minutes later and he asked “cuantos años tienes?”…how many years do I have aka how old am I. I told him tengo 46 años (I have 46 years) and he said he knew it….but his wife did not believe him. Por que? Because I am too young and relaxed!! Compliment of the día!!

630pm update….Max is being fed, he has had his bath and massage…and we just had a nice lil’temblor…tremor. Haven’t had one of those since we returned from Van.

Back to the day….

Lots was done…not sure what was accomplished though!!

After Tony I came in for a pit stop and then off to Inmigracion. Short wait and then asked a few preguntas…all in español. It does help to brush up before you go and I could see a couple struggling with their paperwork. I was about to offer my help when I was called up.

Now I have to do some translating, but I think there is very little difference in what I need to provide to be given a FM3 for Max…other then his bank account info!! Ja ja ja.But they still need to see 3 months worth of mine. Yikes.

I did ask if we could extend Max’s FMM (the visa every short term tourist gets) because if they extend it to September, I could renew all 3 at once.

Alas, no was the answer because he already has the visa dated for 180 días…the maximum allowed. Now if he left the country and returned, we could get another FMM that would last until Sept. Maybe we should have taken RJ up on her Disney offer? Ja ja ja

So we have until May to get his FM3 and I will start the process in March…or April when it is starting to get hot. Not!!

Left Santa Cruz and took these fotos first. The town is very quiet…not a good sign.

The playa.


Cruise ship pier.


Punta Santa Cruz. I have stayed in the condos at the far right, Sueño Real, several times. At different times....with Bex, TS y mis padres.


They have this very “cute” open air church…if you are into churches, come to Santa Cruz and look at their’s.

Here is a LINK to some fotos of the church. And HERE is a short story about the church.
  
Off to Fonatur to drop off the papel y tetra pak for recycling and then around the corner to Marina Park Plaza to talk with Lanny.

No Lanny…but David the architect was in and he managed to lasso up the plans of Mojon that I had left with them many meses ago. I need this plan so I can give it to Roman and the guy doing the FZ study…which I will probably give the go ahead to next week.

And next door to MPP is Senor Puck where Karen y Randy own the business and are getting involved in many other projects.

Randy was in and we caught up. We had not talked since pre-satellite days and we discussed that, Mojon, the Superbowl, Huatulco as a whole and also the fact that Lanny is leaving town, but that Randy will be the face of the construction company.

That is great to know as it gives me another contact when the time comes to have peeps bid on the work. I did not like the proposed cost of building plans, but loved their method of doing the actual construction.

Many construction peeps down here want 50% of the $$ before the project starts, then another 40% near completion and the remaining 10% at handover.

Lanny’s group tells you what they are going to work on month by month, and all they ask is that they have the $$ in the bank for that month, before the month starts.

As well, when I originally talked with Lanny, he told me his business was a cost plus business. I prefer that as it clearly allows me to see what the build cost and what I was paying for the construction side of the business. Stay tuned!!

Other then mi familia…best part of my day? Randy scored me a bottle of Crown Royal!! Gracias mi amigo!!

As for the Super Bowl, Senor P is booked solid. I think Max and I will head down for a Coca Light, show off his gafas, and then come home to watch the rest of the game.

Pit stop at Che…more McCains French fries but no leche. Argh. Oh well…looks like pan frances for desayunos!!

Dropped off the groceries at home and jumped right back in the camioneta. I took it to one of many car washes and for the princely sum of $40 pesos (plus $5 peso tip), I had the exterior of the camioneta washed.


Looks good for an 11 year old truck with 210k km on it…and with a $3.25 Cdn by hand car wash!!

While the truck was being washed, I was around the corner at el gimnasio. Yeu/Memo was there and we had a quick catch up. Funny guy…I think Max will be taller then him!!

Good workout, off to Isssste to grab some items that Che did not have and then BACK to the calle where Tony’s garage is.

Por que? Needed to take a few fotos of this casa.



It sparks many ideas for what we will do at Mojon. We will need a security wall…I like the one here…we will have a spiral stair case…and I like how they have incorporated theirs, and I saw some expanding window bars…something we will need as our property is on a very deserted playa.

And finally I came home in time to assist Bexico in getting Max to the alberca…and you are caught up!!

Misc info….

In Mexico, gas is propane and gas as we know it is called gasolina.

The word jefe means boss, while patron normally refers to the owner.

We could not find the type of panales (diapers) we have been buying for Max, so we bought the same type but in the next size up. Guess what? The 9-13kg diapers fit him. Doph!!

Click HERE for a lesson on Mexican panales.

We buy Comodisec...a play on cómodor (comfortable) and seco (dry), but could also buy Absorsec if they are sold out. Ja ja ja

835pm update….la cena over. Great pollo and some more garlic toast!! Hee hee hee

Last foto of the day.


Our sábado? No sé. Maybe we test drive the new fan clutch and take a boot out to Mojon? Stay tuned.

Buen fin de semana.

Marco, Bex y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment