viernes, el 24 de febrero de 2012


Buenos noches!!

I love writing in the blog. Great to post some fotos (mainly for the abuelos) and update everyone what a day in the life of our familia is like.

On a night like last night, with 40 plus fotos, it took some time to complete the post. Our rutina is that Bexico likes to read the blog before I hit the sack and then with a Canucks game headed to the shoot out…it was almost midnight before I climbed in and even later for Bexico.

Canucks won…worth the late night.

But Bexico had the AM shift and that is tough. A few feedings and then Max time at 645am. I have the shift mañana, so I am pounding out this blog entry temprano (early), so I can call it a day earlier then ayer (yesterday).

But…the Canucks play the Diablos esta noche. Oh oh!! Ja ja ja All good…the game is already on and it is 1-0 Vancouver!!

Another side effect of late nights…by the time we really start our day, it can be too late for things like the playa. And today was one of those days. I was back from el gimnasio at 230pm and after a feed, change and nap, it would have been too late. That and we were pooped!! Lol

Not hating….yeah yeah you get it!! Hello…living our dream. How could we complain?

So the day…

Bex spent a few hours with Max while I zzzz’d. A walk and based on the fotos…some Bumbo (not bimbo...a type of bread here) time.

We swapped off once I was awake and almost right away it was lights out for Max.

Then we went and sat by the pool to give him some visual stimulation. Not the bikini type…abuelas mis amigos, abuelas!!

Said hola to Roseanne as well as a senora from California who was here last year. She owns a condo here with her husband and bring their 2 kids (including one adopted Chinese hija) down every year.

I remember “those” kids. We would be in escuela and “Bob” was gone for a week and came back tanned. That’s ok…I preferred the camping at Kill Bear Park in Ontario…except the year the axe went right between my big toe and first toe…and the tent wasn’t even set up yet. Oh Bubba.

Max in his tranquilo manner, told me it was time to eat and upstairs we went. A shame to wake up madre…but must feed the machine.

Then it was time for el gimnasio and I was joined for part of the walk con mi familia. Stopped at Similar (the farmacia that has generic ie “similar” products) and found out that it is obvious not many Mexicanos take vitamin C. Muy caro. I saw them later at Che…70 pills for $120 pesos…almost $10 Cdn.

Oh well…more OJ it will be.

Bexico headed her way com Max and I hit the gym for a workout. Not the best…baja de energía…so did some pesas (weights) and then home time.

I did a short cut centro walk because ayer an hombre told me that Papaloapan (tienda de carne) was no mas…cerrado. Doph…good meat there. But phew…still open…hola rib eye sábado!!

Home, a quick dip and shower and then I took over so Bexico could have some laps. Not sure how I lucked out with 2 nap sessions, but I am not complaining.

They are demolishing some small oficinas next door, so Max had a hard time sleeping in his cuna. Hola to chest time con padre!!

Great timing, 35 minutes later Bex was done, Max was awake and we headed to Che. Bex did the walk and I was there en camioneta. The big score? Real Rice Crispies!! Bought a box…hola to RC Treats in the near future.

Also grabbed a roti pollo for dinner and found some good pulpa de cerdo for a future dinner.

Home and it was almost time for the rutina. Bex hung with the lil’hombre and Bubba got the place ready for a full cycle…change, wash, dry and feed!!
725pm and I am sure both of them are having some well deserved zzzz!! I will wake Bex up in 20 minutes for la cena.

Sweeeet Canucks goal…2-0.

Misc

While Max was in his JJ, tried a FT with mis padres who are in Seattle for the weekend. They were in the restaurante, just about to be served desayunos, and the connection was not great. And was Max bouncing away? Just as well for the crappy connection as he was in his JJ and just stood there staring at the Mac. Lol…what a character.

Ran into Linda (?) and Bill while we were out walking. She told us the “fair” is back in Santa Cruz. Mi amigo TS and I checked this out in 2009…a huge Tupperware type of event. Looks like it only happens at night, so we will figure out how to work Max’s rutina into a night at the fair.

They do have some rides and “games of chance”, but we will be there to just look around.

Ayer, we gave some pastel to Blanca and today she repaid us by giving me a playera as un regalo de cumpleaños. Nice shirt, cool design on the front…the shirt talks about the Buddhists here and her meditation group. Stay tuned for a foto.

Mi coco frio amigo is back. He had car problems for the week I did not see him. Today he asks me to buy him some sun glasses next time I am in Canada. Many peeps ask for things (they will pay for it) that they cannot find here.

Anyway, he wants the sun glasses that are dark in the day light but will be lighter at night. Why does he need these? He takes off his dark sun glasses and shows me he is missing an ojo...his right eye is gone. Car accident years ago. 

He wants the special lense so no one sees his missing eye during the day, but he can still wear the glasses at night. As usual, told him I don't know when I will be back in Canada, but will look into it. Told him he was still good looking menos un ojo!!

Mañana we really want to get Bexico on her tabla de surf, and maybe after Mojon, we will stop at the fair and see if we can take some fotos.

Big day on domingo…hello Daytona y Nascar!! Max and I are ready for a few hours on the couch!!

Fotos…

Early morning Bumbo time. Several hours later, I was at the pool with Max and he had a clump of conejo hair in his hand!!





JJ time...not so excited about it today.


Our clima today. Sol y some crazy nubes.


Headed out for the walk.


One pequeño niño by himself.


Not for long. Hello whiplash!!


This joven had much more energy then the hombre from ayer.


Turning your bloque de hielo into chipped ice is free.


Tight profit margin on the strands of ajo...garlic.


Dos niños con su padre


Miau miau


The two gatos look like they are happy...maybe we need a hermano o hermana for Max? ja ja ja

Buen fin de semana.

Marco, Bex y Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment