miercoles, el 22 de febrero de 2012


Hola mis amigos and Buenos días!!

Ayer was mi cumpleaños and it was a late date night, so you are getting the blog update hoy…today.

Compliments of mi hermana, check out the orejas on this niño, who is now 47 years young.


And you wonder where Max gets the ears from? Ja ja ja Actually, the size of his ears comes from me, but the shape comes from madre. I have big lobes…yeah yeah…loaded joke there.

Well, my 47th cumpleaños was my best, thanks to Bexico y Max!! I could not think of a better day.

I slept in (830am I think), opened some great regalos (camo journal, a new Livestrong workout shirt…and hello to some Peanut Butter M&Ms that Bex has been drooling over since we left Van).

Bex grabbed some more shut eye and Max and I headed to the pool area to watch the hombre try to clean “the swamp”. Nasty is all I can say…hope it is fixed today.

We had a chat with Adrian and then his esposa came down and literally grabbed Max from me. These possessive abuelas…gotta watch out for them!! But Max is a trooper and sat (and drooled) on Judy and neither of them seemed bothered by it.

We have become known around the complex (due to Max) and with this fame, comes the fact that we now actually know some peeps names. We are still the youngest familia here, and last year we were not given the time of day by 99% of these peeps, but Max has been the peace maker!! lol

Just as I was making a great desayunos of scramble eggs y chorizo, Rosanne came by with a LOAD of stuff for Max.

The best part of what was ordered?




Hello!! The Jolly Jumper...Canadian made sine 1948!!

Roseanne also brought over some shorts, sun glasses etc that Bexico had asked her to buy, but also some things that she had picked up from her sister y sister in law. Very friendly of her to do all of that…but based on her excitement, I think she enjoyed it!!

Off to el gimnasio and when passing the llanteria, I was given a handshake and half hug (?) by Bulmaro who told me this was the Mexican way. He then told me 47 was joven as he is 60…and looks only 50.

Quick work out as Bexico had a 1pm Skype (that was then postponed to today).

I have some fotos from the walk, but will consolidate them with the ones I take today.

Came home and then we hung out for a short time before off to Playa Chahue again. Max had a good time, but due to lack of proper nap, was feisty.

Only 2 Chahue fotos.



We spent a few hours and then off to Senor Pucks for one awesome lime marg on the rocks. Bexico taught the bartender (mi amigo from el gimnasio) what to put in it and you know it is good when 2 shots of 1800, 1 shot of GM, a beer, some fries and a bubbly water all cost $190 pesos. $15 Cdn…but still muy barato!!

Home for a quick change and then off to Los Portales. Stopped in to say hola to the boys…it was packed in the joyeria. They had 2 bus loads of tourists from Tangolunda…good business for the boys!!

A good meal at Los P…$190 pesos for the two of us!! Max was super well behaved and then we took him home and started his rutina only 30 minutes or so behind schedule.

He was lights out and then Bex and I watched a baaaaad DVD called The Conspirator. Great story, baaaaad film. And when that was all said and done…Bexico went to the oficina. Trooper!! Me? Me fui a dormir. I went to sleep!!

Misc tid bit…

Filled the tanque at Pemex. $630 pesos for 59 litros which works out to 10.7 pesos/litro or 86 cents Cdn/litro. Not bad eh? It was 80 cents/litro when $$ was at 13.4/peso, but it now currently sits at 12.4/peso. But 86 cents a litro is a whole lot better then what I saw was being charged in Vancouver!! $1.34? Yikes!!

Have a great jueves!!

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment