sábado, el 6 de septiembre de 2014



Dude...where is my chelas?

A little chelas and the sonrisa appears!!


Buenos tardes!!

Currently 1235pm and the lil'man is fast asleep next to me...phew!! Our new plan of The Niño Whisperer starting the siesta is paying off!!

I scoop him up and he remains calm as I lull him into slumber. I have not been able to plop him onto the bed though...he keeps waking up.

But his madre is the expert at plopping him and she came in and I passed the package over to her. Max stirred and slurred out "I cannot fall asleep with Poppa" even though he had been asleep in my arms for 10 minutos!!

So...asleep at 1215pm is waaaaaay better then the 1245pm. And how did last night go with the so late siesta that he had? Ohhhhh it was a long bed time. In the bedroom at 740pm, with his Poppa at 8pm, into his Poppa's arms at 850pm, asleep by 855pm and into his cuna at 9pm.

Yikes is right. But I had a long afternoon of tranquilo time, so the extra 35 minutos to get him to sleep wasn't too bad. The rocking? Not happy about that but after 40 minutos of laying in the cuna wide awake, a change of tactics was necessary.

The noche? One stir at 3am...no pee break...and at 645am, the cuna was swimming pool situation  with wet towels (blankets) as well!!

Cuna change, videos, tranquillo time, a huge helping of fresh fruta and then a few timeouts. The timeouts came one after another and then I think Max finally figured out that this was going to keep happening until he behaved himself.

Throw things in the casa and not listen to Poppa, 2 minutos in the corner. Come out of the corner and act like a tornado, 2 more minutos in the corner. Come out and not come help your Poppa get you ready for our adventura, 2 more minutos in the corner.

And after that he was a well behaved niño and after an adios to madre, off we went on our adventura. It was a bici tour kinda day and we have ridden the local calles soooo many times, Poppa decided to switch it up.

We loaded the bici into the camioneta verde and headed to El Faro, the lighthouse. It is situated past playa Entrega and as we drive, Max is telling me all the places he goes with his madre..."Mom and Max ride their bici here"..."this is playa Santa Cruz, I come here with Mom".

When we head past Santa Cruz, Max points out the restaurante we had Bex's birthday dinner at and then goes on to tell me what he ate that noche.

He does not know where we are going, but tells me which way I need to go if we are going to playa Entrega.

We get to El Faro and it is a run down lighthouse, but has beautiful views.








UPDATE...the lil'man bolted straight up at 1pm'ish, started mumbling words in a language I did not recognize, looked at me like he had no idea who I was, then came into my "nook" and said "I look at fotos with Poppa".

So he is awake after 45 minutos and that bodes well for tonight...and hopefully for madre's afternoon with the lil'guy.

Off to eat some comida and then off to el gimnasio. I will finish this up later this afternoon.

Hasta pronto.

Buenos tardes!! It was a hot session at el gimnasio. How hot you ask?


Any who...post siesta, the familia went out for a prowl, ate their comida and when I came home I saw that madre's bici was still here...and the camioneta verde is gone. Yup, they were off to playa Entrega for the afternoon, to return home at 530pm for the pollo muslo.

When Max and I were at the playa this morning, he mentioned that he wanted to come back with his madre and go swimming, so he must have done a decent job of convincing her!! Sábado at playa Entrega is normally a busy one. Stay tuned for the post tina time update on how it went!!

Back to Max y Poppa's AM adventura!! We had arrived at El Faro...

And then we hike down some precarious hill side, strewn with rubble, and go look for whatever is making the loud whooshing noise.

Here Max is on the precarious hillside and has been instructed NOT to move from his spot, as Poppa walks 3 meters away and peers over a cliff.



Spotting some lanchas, boats.


Hearing the loud whooshing noise brings this expression to Max's face.



The noise? That would be the Bufadora...a marine geyser or blowhole.

After leaning over a cliff, my right hand holding onto part of a broken concrete wall, here is what I saw. Can you spot the bufadora?


Look closer...here is a close up for you. It is actually about 100 (or more) meters below where I was standing.


The first visible plume of agua...or "water smoke" as Max would call it.


Note the plume is getting bigger and to the right of the foto, the olas from the oceano is coming in at the same time.




Another set of olas...big wave, big plume and big whoosh.




Knowing Max was behind me...or maybe back at the camioneta by now, the foto session was over...but not the fun.

I asked Max if he wanted to see the bufadora and hello...yes please Poppa!!

I scooped him up sooooo tight with my left arm, I hoisted him up so he could see over the cliff face, and I held onto the concreto wall with my right arm.

It took a minuto for him to zero in on what I was trying to show him...and it was stinking hot with the extra 17.5 kilos!!

He liked what he saw, I needed to towel off and get some agua, and then I hear "una mas vez", one more time.

Back to the bufadero we go and then hiked back up to the camioneta verde...next stop playa Entrega.

The beach is tranquilo at 10am, but you get swarmed by peeps trying to get you to come to their restaurante or to rent snorkel gear etc.

But whip out the bici and they all understood...including un hombre I know who stopped by to say hola hola to Max.

Max eyeing the playa for later in the día con madre.



This hombre keeps watch over playa Entrega as well!!


We wheeled around but there was not much shade.


We headed to the beach front restaurantes that are essentially large palapas over the playa, with a bunch of tables and chairs under them.

Max drew a crowd and we had fun talking about the casco and the bici and then spotting some early morning drinkers, Max tells me he wants some chelas. Oh Max.

Under a palapa for a Coca Light and agua mineral and some cool down time.




Hmmm...when I come back here this afternoon with madre...




Back to the camioneta verde...but first off a lil'dance party with his Poppa!! Hello!!

And after the playa, the adventura continued!! Home, a little tarde, for a familia swim and then upstairs for leche y libros and that is where this update started.

Currently 515pm, the pollo is in el horno, Max is browsing some Bernstein Bears on the iPad and Bex is cleaning up post playa!! It sounds like they had lots of fun and Max spent lots of time jumping off "Max's wall" with a ton of Mexicano niños. One madre pinch...doph...he cannot control himself.

Dinner in 15 minutos!!

There were a few chats with mi hijo during desayunos, and this is how they went.

"Max, don't put too much food in your boca. Do you remember what happens?" His reply..."aaaaaaaggggghhhhh"...the noise and gesture of gagging.

I noticed a scrape on his arm and I asked him how that happened and his reply..."probably at the jungle park". I have never heard him say "probably" before.

The usual "I am stinking hot" so I ask him if he wants to go get his hair cut today and with a slight pause for effect, he says "soon...but not today".

Quite entertaining these breakfasts of ours!!

All caught up...I will finish this up at post tina time.

Hasta pronto una mas vez.

Buenos noches!! A great dinner, a quick FTv con Oma y Opa, a fun post cena bici tour, easy tina time and we are onto libros, leche and then...dun dun dun dun...bedtime.

And then an evening of Nascar and probably a little bit of Nascar domingo tambien!!

One last foto...una bandera úniqa, a unique flag, hung to celebrate Día de la Independencia y the Virgen de Guadalupe.


Have a great Sunday y hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max



No comments:

Post a Comment