jueves, el 31 de mayo de 2012


Great news!!

Read THIS if you are old.

As for the day, an awesome day watching our hijo sit himself up and also pull himself into a standing position while in his cuna. I am sure all parents go through this excitement, but it does not lessen what we are feeling about the experience.

I had Max for a few hours this morning and then passed him off to Bex as I had to meet with Randy and his team to discuss Mojon. More on that in a moment.

But first, the cuna fotos.

Nine fotos of Max enjoying life "behind the bars".




Not sure what he is scoping on the ceiling...flexible niño though.



Yeah padre...I'm talking to you!!



You hear that rippie?


Hulking out on the bars.


And from his knees onto his feet.


I think I have seen the light!!


Uh padre...legs getting tired.


Padre?


Thanks for putting the camera down and helping me...not.


When I passed off Max, he was ready for a nap and had been asleep in my arms, but had awoken when I put him into his cuna. Well, I guess he was NOT ready for a nap and it took some doing from madre to make it happen.

The same thing happened again in the afternoon and ended up with Max having his Segundo CN con madre!! Lucky peeps!!

As for the meeting I had, we spent a few minutes reviewing the plans and then 4 of us drove out to Mojon to get an idea on what we are really looking at.

Mañana I am to receive a ballpark figure on what this company would charge to complete the build. We are not expecting a lower price from them, but would be pleasantly surprised. We know they normally build higher end homes and we also know our guy is squeezing the price so he can win the job and be the first to build a really nice casa at Mojon.

So, stay tuned. As for Roman, I just received an email from him and Sergio is away, so no visit to his casa, but we are able to proceed to stage 2, which includes CAD drawings, some facades and some tighter cost quotes. Exciting times.

After we came back from Mojon, I popped into Che to grab some pollo para la cena. When I came out, who was there to greet me? Hola to mi familia!! Max y madre had made the walk to grab some cereal bars and to see if they could hook up with me…and they did.

It was awesome to see the two of them and felt great to see the lil’slingster was excited to see his padre!!

They hitched a ride and we headed home where I got ready for el gimnasio and Max y madre got good use out of the play palace and the JJ.

Amy dropped off more water while Max was in the JJ and Amy had to stop and admire the contraption and say hola to us. I asked how busy he is with the heat and his truck carries 40 garaffons, he normally delivers 120 plus a day and his record is 230. Busy guys in this heat.

I hit the gym where everyone was panting and sweating, and then strolled back through the centro. Grabbed some more pesos and also had a pit stop at Gabriels as I had not seen the boys for a few days.

Fotos from the gym walk.

Check back in a few years.


Amy y Victor stopped by as I was taking these fotos near the cantina.



That is going to be one wild y crazy fiesta!!


Daniel y familia are all well, even though all the maestros have been up in Oaxaca doing their annual protesting, this time it has carried on for over 10 days. Yikes. I heard the big disagreement is that the Oaxacan government wants to set up evaluations for the teachers and they do not want this.

You think the BC education system has opportunities with its teachers? You haven’t seen anything. I hear the teachers syndicate (union) is the biggest, strongest, richest and most corrupt in all of Mexico. Every presidential candidate that the union has backed, wins the election. Hmmmmm.

No word on our fridge shelf. The first one was broken when it arrived in Puerto (or was it?) and now Daniel tells me the tienda has moved the arrival date 2 times. I figure another week and we will see. Stay tuned.

After Gabriels, home time and found the CN in progress. Puttered around and after his ONE hour plus CN, he awoke and the two of us had alberca time for a good 40 minutes!!

And of course we had the pool to ourselves…no complaints!!

Here is Max ready for the pool.


Upstairs to start the rutina and Max was a trooper, but was he ever hungry by the time his leche arrived.

Talking about food…so I got to Santa Cruz Abarrotes and buy some Gerbers platanos as it is one of the few pre-made foods we buy. I grabbed a few jars and the last of the Franks Red Hot sauce. We feed Max some banana during the rutina, only to find out it is Gerber stage 2 food. Huh? Stage 2? That explains why there are so many ingredients in it vs stage 1. Gotta tell you, the stage 1 banana jars look just like the stage 2 jars.

I guess stage 1 eases the niños belly into all the food types…doph. We are not worried as it was only a few tablespoons, neither Bex nor I have food allergies and we watched him for a few hours before he went to sleep. All good…but we will pay even more attention to those deets.

Anyway, Max held tight while we ate our pollo and was lights out after madre topped up his tanque.

Bexico had a busy day, she was on both feet and all 9 toes for most of it!! Cleaned the condo AND spent some quality time in the cocina making some more cubitos of food for Max. On today’s menu for preparation? Peaches, pears y broccoli and mañana she will cook up the potato y manzana. Chef Bex!!

And now? She is up in the oficina working hard on a project.

Last foto of the day.


Mañana…el gimnasio, lunch con Randy y Karen…and meatloaf a la Chef Bexico!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment