lunes, el 14 de mayo de 2012



Buenos noches!! Hope you had a great lunes.

Well, that was a GREAT show!! There was a Johnny Carson special on the tube and instead of updating the blog and working in the oficina, Bex and I watched the program.

I almost missed the tina rutina. Por que? I was invited to Hector's casa for comida (lunch) and of course that started at 5pm. When I get to his casa and actually find it, I am informed it is actually his cumpleaños and the comida is for his amigos y familia. I have been bestowed an honor with the invitation.

Anyway, I raced home for 715pm and managed to catch the lil’streaker while he was in the tina. Phew!!!

But at Hectors, I had a great time meeting some of his amigos and eating a lot of local fare. Chorizo made only with res y no cerdo…some salsa de nopales…and of course some beverages made with tequila.

Click HERE to read more about nopales.

When I drove up, I could not see an address on the building and they use Manzana and Lote. Huh? So I was looking for Manzana 15, Lote 7 and finally a lady flagged me down, being the ONLY white guy in the neighborhood, and asked if I was looking for Hector’s casa.

So what is up with "manzana" which means apple?

Anyway, I sat in their house for only minutes and then Hector arrived and we moved across the street and set up some lawn chairs, a home made bbq and the cooler…all in the street.

Hector threw the meats on the bbq and shortly after, a plate full of food was handed to me and it was all good eats.

So it was a great time and very happy to be invited. I have always wanted to be part of the community and even though it is great to be able to say hola to so many peeps, an invite for comida is a step above.

As for the rest of the day…

Ok, ok, ok…I snore. Sometimes louder then other times and if someone wakes me up, I put on my breathing mask and the snoring stops.

But if I am snoring LOUD at 6am? Today Max wakes up and does not go back to sleep. Doph. My fault...I got up.

I gave him a panale pit stop change and he hung out in his cuna while I grabbed some ½ ojo shut eye on the bed. But once he roared, I was up and started the rutina.

He ate every morsel in his bowl and then we had our walk with a pit stop at the abarrotes to pick up some mayo for tonight’s burgers.

Hoy, as with every other day that we have a walk, Max was thirsty and guzzled down his leche. I think I might have pushed his nap too long past the normal window. Por que? It wasn’t because he changed his demeanor and told me so.

Nope, it was because I rocked him for a very short period of time, his ojos became heavy and then he fell asleep…and slept on my chest for 2 hours!! A new chest nap record!!

The great part? Obvious. The bad part? How about 1pm heading to el gimnasio. HOT!!

No crisis as when I got back Max was having another siesta and then we managed to hit the alberca before I went to Hectors.

And that pretty much wraps up our day.

I did see an article on the 8pm news…the price of gas in Vancouver is at $1.49/litro? I just paid 75 cents Cdn/litro. The only bad news is that I asked for premium and when I went to check the total price, I noticed the senorita had filled it with regular…doph.

The truck calls for premium…I will buy an additive for this tanque…no crisis. Happy to report that I could actually pay with Amex!! Hello travel points…except for the fact that we only tank up once a month or so. Ok, a flight from Vancouver to Abbotsford it is!! Ja ja ja

Mañana…Che and I WILL spend some time on the lovely FM3 translation. I also have a meet planned with Roman for 3pm…first kick at the Mojon can!! Stay tuned.

Fotos.

Not sure what this hombre is selling.


I do know what this guy is selling.


Well, at least based on the sign, what he is renting.


What a clown!!


Serio, this guy is a clown.

Mooooo, Gas Oaxaca on the roof.


And on another roof. Loud, but how can you be scared by such a ball of fluff?


This wall used to have the political message painted on it.



The election isn't until julio...wonder why it was painted over.

I was QUITE excited to see mi familia approaching me as I was nearing the condos.

Madre y Max were trying out the new parasol.



Have a great martes.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment