jueves, el 10 de mayo de 2012


Hey, guess what 10 de mayo is in Mexico? 

Well, Feliz Día de las Madres!! El primera de Bexico!! Felicidades!!


In Mexico, Mother's Day is always 10 de mayo, but Father's Day continues to be the 3rd domingo de junio.

And as a gift from Max to madre?


I don’t have a foto of what I gave madre.

Oh…get your minds out of the gutter. It was a tub of Cookie and Cream ice cream!!

And if there is an opportunity to cash in on a special occasion, the tiendas (or carros) pull out all the stops.





So, our lil’Jekyll y Hyde has kept us on our toes. Last night it was the session while trying to get him to sleep. Then during the night, how about not one, not two, not three, but four feedings!!

As well, today he was more antsy then we have ever seen him. No red face, but definitely not happy until we change the environment by moving him or adding a toy.

What could it be? Too much information on the internet…re Dr Sears. Yikes. But it could be his dientes, his black bean comida, too much sun ayer at Mojon etc etc.

But his ojo looks better today. Who knows?

He was up at 720am after the late start to his previous evening, and chowed down on the cereal and some banana. He was concerned about the effect the Greek austerity measures have had on the global markets, and I explained to him that his RESP is secure. So much weight on those lil’shoulders.

Great walk and some chill down in the parque.

He has been too hot after our walks, so we head upstairs for leche vs heading to the alberca and cooling our pies. Soon he will be able to handle some agua and we will take a sippy cup with us on the adventure walks.

Bex took over and due to a little “bug” I acquired, madre and Max were together most of the day.

I was fine until my session at the gym was over and then headed home and a nap later, much better. Good enough to help lasso the lil’monkey and get him off to the alberca.

Total chill time there and other then being a little antsy right before we ate, the rutina went off without a hitch.

Currently 755pm and the two of them are filling one tanque and hopefully emptying two!!

I expect to be called in by the lil’hombre in 30 minutes or so…stay tuned.

So what did I learn today? If you are Canadian living in another country, you cannot open a mutual fund account in your own bank. Huh? Shouldn’t have told the hombre over the phone, that it was 35,0 grados out. Doph.

But there must be more then one guy who answers phones at TD….ja ja ja. Stay tuned.

And what else did I learn? I received a bill from ICBC for a “court claim” that I supposedly paid $75 of $150 and they want the other $75. Huh?

So I call ICBC and they cannot give me ANY info. It is a court issue…but they don’t even have a contact number for me to call. Dumb a**es.

So I call the BC Government and was surprised at how fast they answered the phone and actually listened to my story.

The dude was laughing at the fact that the invoice from ICBC told me nothing, and that the guy I talked to at ICBC told me nothing.

He gave me a number to some Courthouse and even connected me directly. But of course…they are closed from 12pm-1pm. Ja ja ja. Of course they would close when people would take lunch and maybe come down to conduct some business.

So maybe mañana I will plug in MJ again and see if I can get to the bottom of this.

Ok, the rest of the fotos.

A new HBC store here in town?


The familia joined me for part of the walk to el gimnasio.


Their mission was to stop at Farmacia Similar and grab some more Omega 3,6 y 9 as well as say hola to the senorita that works there. 


On the way, we saw Elder who gave me the gears for having madre carry Max on Mother's Day, and then we saw Amy and he did the same thing. What up? Ja ja ja


Across from Simi...Mexican Inukshuks?


This has been the recent weather over the montañas.


Ok peeps...keep a better ojo on your perros!! Another one is missing and this one "no estoy acostumbrada al calor"...not used to the heat. Doph.


Mañana…more time with Max to free up some time for madre!! I also need to figure out the pescado situation at Santa Cruz. Not sure Carlos and I will hook up for that.

Have a great viernes.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment