miercoles, el 23 de mayo de 2012


Buenos noches all. The dark skies rolled in at 4pm, but all we experienced was some thunder…maybe the lluvia will happen tonight.

Nice, oh so nice to have a break in the humidity!! We have survived our second abril-mayo combination, when the heat and humidity is at it’s worst. And Max has been a trooper through all of it.

The possibility of some dehydration? Naaaahh…just the first time he has eaten zanahoria…carrots!! Ja ja ja

Max had a great sleep last night, but was again up for 2 feedings. We thought he had dropped one, but not last night!!

So when he awoke at 615am…oh Max, I took the shift as Bexico had been up with him during the feeding sessions…and was pooped.

We managed our morning rutina, sin the walk. I had to head to inmigracion at 9am and decided he would join me on the adventure. Hey…it is HIS FM3!! Ja ja ja

So at 815am, 2 hours after waking up, nap time. I wasn’t sure it would be successful…but it was. I thought it would be a 30 minuter and we would head out at 855am…it was a 50 minuter and we headed out at 910am.

No crisis as once we got into the oficina, we were the only peeps there. Quiet time at Inmigracion…since I signed out ayer at 930am, only 4 peeps had visited the oficina.

But before we got into the building, exciting times!! Just to the left of the door, hanging off the roof, with a piece of string around his leg, was a pigeon.

I tapped on the glass of the oficina, thinking they were closed, and the security guard came out. The three of us grabbed the pigeon (ok..the guard grabbed the bird) and I took the string off the claw.

The guard let the bird go and we are happy to report that it was successful mission!!!

The other successful mission? We will know for sure in 8 días, but it looks like all the hard work has turned into a FM3 for Max!!

We went in, handed our stack of papel to the hombre who was working today, and after a very cursory glance, he gave us two invoices that needed to be paid at the banco.

And the 2 copies of the “paid” invoices he would require? He would do it for us…last time it was up to us to find a fotocopier.

So off for a 10 minute walk and we arrived at Scotiabank. Yup, Scotiabank and the peeps working there have no idea it is Canadian owned.

Anyway…paid the invoices and also made a deposit into my Mexican account. Funny thing here? At least for my account if I deposit more then $15k pesos every month, I am taxed on the extra. Huh? It is a drug tax…meant to take a bite out cash deposits made by drug dealers. Huh?

Anyway, I made the deposit and will make another in junio.

Back to the oficina de Inmigracion and the hombre gave us a confirmation number and told us to come back in 8 días. Stay tuned.

I asked Roman why he though the peeps did not make the process easier for peeps like us to get through the paperwork, and he replied “money”. I know peeps that pay $1000 US for the 3 or 4 hours of work it took us to get Max’s FM3. Roman thinks the government leaves it the way it is so that some Mexicans can rake in the $$. I guess it is no different then an immigration consultant/lawyer in Canada or the US.

Hey…maybe I need to get into the FM3 business?

After the adventure, we came home and Bex took over with Max. I tell you, those 2 characters seem to have lots of fun together. You should see the new and improved Max Pedro Play Palace!!

I did some puttering around and it worked out that it was perfect timing to go to the gym as Max had just finished a nap and the two of them would come with me for the walk.

Stylin and ready for the walk!!


Max is such an eager helper...but does Pedro the pollo looks a little ill to you?


Showed Max off to some peeps in the gym and said adios to mi familia and hit the weights.

Good workout and headed home for a well deserved siesta!!

Awoken by the monkeys as it was pool time. Gotta get in the alberca before the rayos (lightning) comes!!

A nice little pool session and then upstairs for the rutina, which included Bubba’s world famous burritos para la cena!!

9pm…I will NEVER get this next hour of my life back…but I am sucked into watching the TV program, Duck Dynasty. Hilarious.

Max is zzzz, Bex is working and I am watching some VERY rich rednecks on TV. Ahhhh, life is good.

Hey, spent some time surfing the Home Depot Mexico website. Only 8 hours to the closest location, but it might be worth the drive if we can save enough $$ on buying all the faucets, doors, lights etc. Stay tuned...but click HERE to see what the Home Depot in Puebla carries.

Limited foto ops today….lo siento.

Do you see what I see?


How about now?


Look closer.


Ah ha...a hummingbird.





Mañana? Jueves? Hmmm, I already shaved this week, so that is out. Che and el gimnasio. And of course a few rutinas con mi familia!! Ta da.

Last foto del día.


Those would be black beans and bananas on his face. And who said Bex didn’t cook?

Hasta mañana mis amigos.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment