Wednesday November 9, 2011


Feliz Cumpleaños Mira!!

What’s that? Fell asleep while “on the boob”? Yup…unbelievable. I guess Bex was pooped. Ja ja ja

A great day and for the first time ever, Max was fussy after a feeding. He would not go to sleep nor stop crying. Tried almost all the tricks that have worked so far…

-singing
-swinging
-bouncing
-changing diaper
-letting him stare into the dimmed dining room lights
-in the dryer on low…just kidding
-listening to Simon and Garfunkle

But I pulled out the last trick I am currently aware of…the swaddle!! Wrapped him up tight and within a few minutes of that and with me assuring him life as he knows it was not about to end, he calmed down and has been lights out for 25 minutes. We normally get 2-2.5 hours before the next feeding and with Bexico onto milk, he should eat more and sleep more…here’s hoping!!

Bex’s cold is getting better but the many feedings is draining her energy. So at 550pm, she has been asleep for 1.5 hours and I am hoping she gets another 1.5 or so.

We actually all left the house together today. Nice for Bex as cabin fever was setting in…not that she hasn’t LOVED her alone time with Max.

Fotos from our walk to the grocery store and back.








We were test driving our carrier for the first time and it worked like a charm. Max was fussy for 30 seconds as we loaded him up..and then was lights out...just like when he was in his car seat!!

Had a few smiles from men and women alike and my favorite was the look on the faces in the lineup when after being asked how old Max was, we said 4 days. I guess they cannot believe a 4 day old would be out and about in a carrier?

My day? Good sleep, up at 4am for a shift and then managed to grab another couple of hours with all 3 of us at the same time!!

We were all up together too and Bex and I actually had some breakfast together. I was out the door with the first stop being Staples to get a bunch of paperwork printed. All stuff needed for Vital Stats, the airlines and snip snip.

Then off to London drugs to get some prints of Max. Also picked up some thank you cards for the hospital and midwives….who by the way are stopping in mañana…not today.
Hit the gym and had a pretty good workout. Missed going yesterday due to the timing of all of our eating and sleeping. But if I can get 3-4 times a week in, I will be happy.

Then off to Vital Stats to give them a copy of Max’s Air Canada e-ticket. Maybe this is the proof they need to speed up the birth certificate? Here’s hoping.

Talking about airlines, we are getting a “letter of consent” stamped at the Notary to ensure Bexico y Max have no problems getting into Mexico. As Max will be with Bex alone, and has a different last name, sometimes this can cause a red flag at immigration. Bex said that when she flew into Van from Mex City, she saw a man with a child and no mom. Canadian immigration asked if he had a letter and he did not, so was told to step out of line and it looked like he was about to be questioned.
Soooo…we get the letter!!

As I headed back to LD to pick up the fotos, I came across a Veteran of WWII. He was in full gear and was offering poppies for Remembrance Day. I asked him where he served (Suez Canal) and then mentioned that with my parents from the Netherlands, they were very happy that the Canadians helped liberate the country. I thanked him for his service and made a donation and proudly wear my new poppy!

Then off to HMV…the big video store on Robson that is closing. $150 later…tons of DVD and Blu Ray…including Frosty the Snowman for Max.

Hey…thanks to mi hermana in Calgary. She sent us a great outfit for Max…and his first Hot Wheels!! Gracias!!

710pm…Bex is up and Max is sleeping off his fussiness and milk hangover! Ja ja ja

Misc foto from our laundry machine.


Everytime I throw in a load of poopie clothes...I think of mi hijo!!

One more thing…

The Vanderleeden tree info was provided by my Oom (uncle) Kees. He emailed me from Holland to correct me on a few names and points. The first Max Vanderleeden is 9…not 19. And his Opa is Hans, not Han..who happens to be the name of my uncle in Victoria.

Hey…no one up for the challenge I posed in last night’s blog entry? What is the relationship between the two Max Vanderleedens?

I leave you with this foto.

Moustace primera leche de Max!!


Have a great Thursday!!

Marco, Bex y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment