Tuesday November 29, 2011


And onto Tuesday!!

425pm and I am about to head out with Max and say hola to mi amigo Stuart. Max has been awake most of the day…lots of grunting if you know what I mean. And just like ayer, he is now asleep and I will have to wake him as we move him to the camioneta.

I am sure he will sleep through the short drive and during the time I spend with Stu. Then I will bring him home, lay him out to sleep and eat la cena con mi novia!! Hello to Butterball turkey ring.

Talking about camioneta…after a looooong search, the tire hunt is over.  Here is what we landed on.

double click here:


Not quite a summer tire, but it has a long life rating and that is one of my major goals. Boys at Burnaby (Morrey) Nissan have worked hard on finding me a tire that lasts…and that fits the Frontier…and this is the one.

A good deal as well…$230 vs $255 at Crappy Tire and I also get a $70 rebate via Michelin. So I will bring the truck in on Saturday morning, get the new tires rimmed and balanced and also get the much needed alignment. All this will allow me to drive through Oregon or Washington without having to stop for tire install and finding a place for the alignment.

Good news is that the tire cost is almost the same in USA as here…very rare to find that.

More truck news? Loaded up on the Mexican insurance so we are covered for another year. Much better safe then sorry down there as it is often guilty until proven innocent with accidents and sometimes it is the person with the better insurance that will be found not at fault. Hello to Mexico!!

So we were up early this morning to see Dr Snip Snip and he says Max “the horse” Van looks great…everything healed as it should. Phew!!

Hey…gotta go. I will finish this when I get back.

Saludos

Buenos noches amigos.

8pm and I am back from an interesting time at East Side Marios in Lonsdale Quay. Two words…baaaaaad service. Proof? The top of our bill was signed “sorry+thanks”. Ja ja ja

Not allowed in the bar (with sports TV) with max, so Stuart and I sat in the dining room and promptly looked like a gay couple with their new son!! Lol

Especially when Stuart held Max and I held the bottle in Max’s mouth. Hilarious.

The ESM fotos.



Just Max chillin on the bench.

He was a great lil’hombre and then needed a change…no issue. Then a bottle…no issue. Then a fussy time…a quick walk outside the restaurant worked.

Our service? Yikes. Stu’s meal came with soup AND salad. “Which would you like?” was asked twice. I asked for a coffee cup to heat the bottle in and the reply was “do you want hot water in it?”. Ja ja ja

I don’t think I will go back there over the next 10 days!!

Here are the Max y Stuart fotos. He is a natural.





Something about being 12 years old and babysitting in Prince George for $1/hour!!

Misc fotos.

Max getting some zzzzz.



Ta-da…Max is official…he can pay taxes!!


Tonight while out, I used our small Pentax waterproof camera and found these on the card.

One VERY pregnant Bexico!!



Mañana? Very busy. RESP for Max, donate some baby clothes, Stupid Store to get some eats for when mis padres are over, Nissan to see if there is an problem with the truck (it looks like the rear right is sitting lower then the left) and Staples to get some foto copies for the trip home. Phew. Then at 2pm the landlord is dropping off a Shaw cable box, showing the condo to some possible tenants and then mis padres are arriving!!

Bex, Max and I are looking forward to our vacation!!

Misc…went and talked with a Notary Public about a consent letter. This is a letter that proves that one parent has allowed the other to travel with a child, without the other parent present. (make sense?) So we have been told to get one of these letters and get it notarized. When I talked to this lady, she said it was for Canadian Immigration…for when people return to Canada. She had never heard of an airline asking for it on a departing flight, especially a one way flight.

The Notary wants $65 for her stamp and we have decided to save the $$. We filled out the consent letter, had it witnessed by Stu (muchos gracias) and will attach a copy of my passport so there is verification of my name, foto and signature. Small gamble!! lol

Have a great Wednesday!!

Bubba, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment