viernes, el 8 de julio de 2011


Buenos tardes amigos. 620pm and I am getting ready to prepare la cena and then head out to the partido de rapido.

I have spent some time on line and wrote down all the translations I could think of, so now I am ready to hit the stands and watch the game with the locals.

It is the championship game and the stands are supposed to be packed and the crowd possibly rowdy!! Bexico is too bogged down with work, so I will go solo and probably be the only foreigner there!!

And then mañana, I have been invited to watch Yeu’s championship basketball game. Back to Google translator!!! Ja ja ja

As for our day…clase, clase y clase!!

Three hours doesn’t fly, but there is enough variety that it didn’t feel like 4 hours!!! Lol

More practice with the verbs and we also spent some time watching and listening to videos to try and work on our listening skills. One part I did enjoy was when we practiced enunciating in español vs ingles…ja ja ja. What a difference when it is actually pointed out to you and you practice rolling your tongue or breathing a certain way etc. Now all I need to do is remember it all.

Nice to be done clase by media (may-dee-yah) dia (noon) and it was home and then off to el gimnsaio. No Rosa, as for some reason, she had changed shifts with Yeu. But I did see her later…more on that below.

Good to see Yeu…get it? Good to see you? Anyway…he invited me to his partido de basketball...mañana at 8pm. It is an outdoor court, but it has some coverage so if it rains, they will play for a while…or so he tells me.

Great workout and I needed it after taking jueves off.

I had my usual walk through town and chatted up Daniel before grabbing some plátanos and heading home for alberca time.

Overcast morning but the afternoon turned out wonderful. Sunny and a nice breeze!!

Relaxer time after pool time…a little web browsing and then it was la cena and out the door.

Currently 9pm and fresh from the partido de futbol rapido and with great news!! Equipo de Sergio (y Daniel y Moises) pulled off the win and they are campions!! 

¡¡Felicidades!!

It was a great game and they played a very skilled team that missed out on several scoring opportunities and failed to take advantage of many pena (penalties) that the equipo took.

The game was played with a neat backdrop…tons of lightning. There are montañas on 3 sides of the campo and some very dark clouds and the lightning made it even more exciting.

Later tonight will be the awards, some $$ and then a fiesta somewhere…con esposas y niños…a big family affair.

Here are the nube obscura…dark clouds.


As for the crowds…maybe I am early?


I was there for 740pm and the game was delayed 20 minutes and by that time, the stands were full.

Here are the team “benches”.


The arbitro…referees.


And of course…el campions!!


While I waited for the game to begin, I wandered over to this escuela.


And as with most schools, you will find one of these candy laden carts parked out front.


This was one of many schools that was having its graduation tonight. I am not sure of all the ages that attended the school, but it looked like ages 5 to 10.

I was the only foreigner at both the partido and amongst 100’s of peeps watching their niños graduate…got a few looks…loved it!!

Take a look at this quick clip of the celebratory baile (dance).


Despues de partido, I popped into el gimnasio as I knew Rosa was working the night shift. I surprised her, she was happy to see me and we had a great pre-vacation chat. Her arm is still sore and in a sling…I think she is on new meds and I will see her in 2 weeks when she returns from DF (pronounced "day f’eh"…stands for Distrito Federal...and is actually Mexico City).

On the drive home it was interesting to see how different and vibrant the neighborhoods are after dark. I had been told that many Mexicans do not cook la cena…no ovens etc or it is too hot. So they go out for dinner at 8 or 9pm and all of these little comedors open up in peoples front yards, garages etc.

During the day, I never see these open during my walk to and from el gimnasio, but at night there must have been 10 plus of these comedor…and all were busy.

Our mañana? Looks like work for Bexico and despues de pan frances para desayunos…I will hit the gym. Maybe Mojon on domingo…if the tiempo is ok.

And let’s not forget Nascar at 630pm!!

Fotos for the day.

The Gato series.

Gato Negro.


And a beso (kiss) from her secret admirer in New West.

Gato Negro saying something to Gato Blanco


Gato Blanco responding


The reason they may not be as hambre (hungry) as they used to be.


And this gatito looks like she may have some ojo (eye) issues.


Hard working hombres.

Hombre de lustrado de zapatos.


Fonatur lawn mower


He was fast using a machete and a small rake type of tool.

Not so hard working hombre


But we must appreciate the matching zapatos y cinturón (belt)



I think the same would go for these two wheelbarrows!!

Hombres at a mercado…waiting to load a camion.



Maybe hambre (hungry) hombres?

And from the colorful traffic island.


Mucha papaya!! A few months ago, we saw them loading a dump truck of these papayas, followed by bundles of newspaper to wrap them in.

MISC

There are good looking perros…and then this fellow.


Oh well. Ja ja ja

And this madre was having a time with her unhappy niña and then gave me the evil eye as I snapped the foto.


No need for a baby seat on the baby shower wish list…just a moto please!! Ja ja ja

That’s all amigos. Buen fin de semana!!

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment