jueves, el 28 de julio de 2011

635pm…so much for going to watch the partido de fútbol. We had a mainly sunny day and at 6pm, the clouds broke open and we have had a torrential downpour.

So now, the 4 of us are just sitting around waiting for the rain to stop. The four? Yo, Bexico, conejito, y Gato Blanco.

Gato Blanco was stuck in the downpour, along with Gato Negro, but Blanco said “I am out of here” and bolted to our stairwell. She then came upstairs, got dry and had some leche.


Leche was followed by sitting on the couch, and then giving her self a bath. This is what she is up to right now.


And Gato Negro?


Stubborn…would not leave the safety of the tree!! Look carefully and you can see him behind the second rock from the left.

And here is Blanco only a few hours before the downpour.


It looks like Gato Negro is in the foto, sleeping it off under a bush.

Ok…our day. A busy one.

Bexico managed another workout and then has been very busy with work.

Me? El gimnasio where I ran into Galdino and he tells me that Rosa is not only not coming back to the gym, but is staying in DF with her padres. Huh? Something peculiar there and we have sent her an email looking to see how she is doing, but have not heard back yet.

It was true…another “Ghimbeli”…he too disappeared!!

Great workout still and then hurried home because I was meeting Tony from Nissan, at 2pm. First stopped to buy an Allen wrench…no luck as they did not have one small enough.

So I stopped at the TV repair shop and the cranky hombre told me to come back mañana. He might be able to fix the camera battery charger for $50 pesos…a whole lot better then $560 for a new one. Stay tuned.

Hurried to Nissan (why do I hurry here?) and waited 15 minutes for the boys. I then followed them…to Che. Huh? They were going in to pick up some comida para la comida…food for lunch.

Che sets up this little buffet in chafing dishes, sin heat. It is muy economico, but yikes. Not the most food safe. And of course they bought some tortillas with it!!

Off to Pablos and he wants me to return Monday morning. He needs 3 hours and again…might be able to fix it. The communication issue? I heard “lunes” which is Monday, but I also heard “mañana”, which means tomorrow, which would be viernes. Huh?

What I missed was “a la mañana”…lunes a la mañana…Monday morning!! Doph. I still am listening for palabras I understand and then work on understanding the complete sentence.

I have also learned that as long as you know the verbo, you can mention that in the conversation and the peeps at least know the context of what you are trying to say.

Stopped off at the moflero and the news was that he could not weld the hole in the muffler. Too much pressure on the weld and too much corrosion. So? New one installed for $2000 pesos. Ugh…another $168 Cdn. But it needed it so I agreed.

Told to come back in an hour and a half…the job took almost 3 hours. It was not easy and it was also hot under there.



Out with the old, in with the new.


The only issue I have is that I saw an arrow on the new mofler…I am sure the hombre installed it pointing in the right direction!! Yikes.

I had left the truck, walked home for more pesos and then returned to watch him work for another hour or so.

Then it was time for home and a dip in the pool. I was pooped, but we had planned on Bexico grabbing some pollo and me headed to the soccer game, but that changed obviously. Except Bexico the trooper still went out to grab the pollo!!

Fotos for the day.

From anoches Chinese laundry.


Dos hombres de Fonatur.


Mi amigo Daniel is not in this foto. But we do see two hombres checking their cell phone. Most Mexicans here do not have internet service at home, or computers, but even the most humble Mexican seems to have a cell phone which they do all their calls and texting on.

Sombreros.


For only $30 pesos? Less then $3 Cdn.

More talented senoritas.




In the middle of the calle.




This perro decided the middle of the road was a great place to try and solve her flea issue.

Help me explain this.



It was 35 grados plus humido and this senorita is wearing jeans, boots and a jacket? How does she handle the heat?

Otro perro.


This one seems to live on the roof and reigns from above.

Across from the condo is Imperial Pollo.



This is the second extension on their smoke stack. The smell is great, but I understand it leaves some condos with a film. Ugh.

I love this 50cc moto.


This hombre looked like he was having problems with his moto.


And last but not least….the zapato hombres.


I tell you again, these peeps are hard working!!!

Misc.

This is a hilarious video…if you follow Nascar racing. Before each race, a pastor/preacher gives the blessing, praying for safety etc. This pastor went above and beyond.


Mañana is viernes already? Yikes.

We still need to get to the place that gives vaccinations (here’s hoping) and I am hoping to find the repair shop for the secadora.

Add el gimnasiopila charger to the list.

Have a great viernes.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment