sábado, el 16 de julio de 2011

What a crappy day. Thank goodness days like this don’t occur very often. I cannot recall the last time I was so frustrated. ¿ Por qué? Here is the why…

MISC


(did you know "¿por qué?" means "why?" and "porque" means "because"?)


It has been dumping buckets of rain all day and the humido is bad. Paper is damp, clothes don’t dry etc.

The truck is ka-put. It died completely, 300 meters from the Nissan dealership, at 130pm and in a torrential downpour. Rain was coming from all directions.

I tried for 15 minutes to get it to start and then abandoned ship and got completely soaked on my 300 metro walk.

They closed at 2pm but called a mecanico to come look at it. Twenty minutes turned into 45 and he finally showed up.

He got the truck to start, but it wouldn’t stay running. He told me he would be back in 5 minutes as he needed to get some tools…and an hour later he had not returned and I gave up on him.

The truck is now parked in front of Senor Pucks and come lunes, it will need a 300 metro tow and then we will see if Nissan can diagnose the problem.

The parts hombre speaks poco ingles and I had asked in español if they have a computer for diagnostics. He said sí, it is a small handheld unit, and if theirs does not work on a US built Nissan, they probably have a computer in Oaxaca…6 hours away. Huh? 

And then there will be the issue of parts. Wish me luck…the ONLY good thing is that the truck issues have happened in Huatulco and not on the road to Acapulco or on the way back to Canada.

I had a great time chatting up the refracciones hombre and another amigo who called the mecanico for me. Fun guys and as we laughed about the alberca Nissan, we also chatted about what gyms we work out at and about our niños. Nice hombres.

Pit stop at Che as I walked home in a drizzle. How is Che sod out of huevos? Moving on…

I get home and Bexico is triste (sad) because the butter tarts/pie did not come out like she had hoped. It had huge potential and I think she knows what went wrong and will solve it for round 2. Hello Bexico Crocker!!

And last but not least in the day from HE**….sorry Goose, but I dropped the little Canon camera and it is now ka-put. ARGH!!! That camera was a gift from Terry and was a great camera for fotos on the go. I will take it back to Canada and see if anything can be done.

These items are not end of the world material, but they sure made for one crappy day!! Mañana we flip the page and start fresh.

So, the good news? We have not needed any a/c for the past 3 nights. It actually dropped to 24 grados last night. Brrrr…Bexico put on a sweater this morning!!

The other good news is that Bexico has signed on to create, draw and color, 5 characters based on A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. The clients want a black Scrooge and the 3 ghosts to be Latino, Asian and Caucasian. Interesting work.

No alberca time due to the weather and due to the fact that I left home at 1130am and returned around 430pm. Ugh.

La cena was great…pulpa cerdo. Essentially nice chunks of pork that I pan fry on low heat with some Cajun spice on them….con arroz (rice) today.

Mañana has to be a great day…Nascar y (and) hamburguesa domingo!!

Thanks for listening to me vent about my crappy day in paradise!! We really do love it here!!

Have a great domingo!!

Bubba y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment