martes, el 26 de julio de 2011

Buenos noches all!!

Almost exactly 12 hours ago the buzzer at our front door sounded. Who was there? Tony, mi amigo from Nissan. Huh?

And 12 hours later, we have just finished watching another great Jason Bourne pelicula!! But back to Tony.

He told me that after the rapido game last night, he went back to work and spent 3 hours working on the camioneta. Now I am not 100% sure that is true, but either way, he was at the door and the truck was ready to go.

All that was needed was to go back to Nissan and pay the bill…factura.

So I threw on some clothes, threw out the plans for a 11am workout and headed out the door with Tony. And in the truck was another mecanico…a 4 foot 6 inch hombre who must weigh 50 kilos wet!! He is a funny hombre and also played on the equipo (team).

But before we went to Nissan, it was off to see Tony’s 250 cc chopper!! It is getting painted at the same place (Pablo’s) that fixed the tanque.
Hmmm…are these guys on the clock? Being paid to take me for a tour of La Crucecita? Ja ja ja

The bike is neat…and off we went to Nissan. Now, the fact that we left around 1015am and I returned home at 1230pm, should that tell you anything?

The billing system is whacked!! Via Carlos, add up all the hours and any extra refacciones in service, confirm it with Tony and then submit it to the refacciones counter to pay for it and the remaining balance on the large parts. Phew.

But I had a chance to inspect the truck and it looks good. A screw here and there that Tony forgot to refasten (lol) but all good. The engine compartment looks dirty and definitely has 200,000 kilometres on it. Tough to tell whether the corrosion is from Toronto, the salty air of Huatulco, or just age.

Total bill? $10,771 pesos…or around $910 Cdn. Out of that, $176 Cdn was for labour. Wow….barrato..inexpensive. And to ensure I got one more laugh out of them, I brought a stack of the mini money, the small bills inserted into piñatas, and tried to pay the bill with that. Laughs all around!!

Did you know that piñatas are believed to have started with the Chinese?

Did I tell you Tony wants Bexico and I to join his family y amigos at the baptism of his hija? Funny that I talk with the boys there, and then with a taxi driver who’s car was in for service, and they all ask what religion I am.

I guess coming from a country that is 98% Catholico, it is an ok question. They are fine with my answer…I worship El Diablo!! Just kidding!! Phew…tough crowd.

So two hours later and I am about to drive off and guess what? You guessed it…the passenger window will not roll up. Huh? I cannot believe this!! We pushed it up and I am going to go with Tony on jueves, back to Pablo’s, and see if he can fix it.

Now I want to have faith that it is a quick fix…but I have a feeling it will be a motor…I had one replaced on the driver’s side a few years ago. UGH!!!

Was invited to another partido, but this one started at 9pm and I must say, I was pooped so I didn’t go.

Drove home and the camioneta runs great!! Next test will be to take it out on the highway…hello Mojon!!

On the trend of things breaking down…I think the battery charger for my camera is broken. At least the light is not on when I plug it in. Maybe it is just the light? Por favor!!!

And of course I have the other Canon…the one I dropped. But it has a different battery charger. Of course!!

And with our secadora desompuesto, we took our first load of heavy items to the lavenderia. $10 pesos/kilo…not bad. But we are still washing our delicados here because based on previous experiences, I am not sure the Mexicans are familiar with that cycle!! Ja ja ja So our condo looks like a Chinese laundry with stuff hanging everywhere!!

We sooooo cannot wait to have the large fridge y new washer y secadora!! Not slamming G10, but it is the little things that make some of the big things bearable.

Big things? Heat and humidity have come back with a bang. It was sooo humido last night and again today around 5pm it started. During the day it was a sunny day until 4pm when the clouds rolled in, and that meant working out at 130pm was a scorcher. Three litros of water in a little more than an hour!! Phew.

Not hating!! Honest…we love it here. But keeping it honest.

To keep it honest…I LOVE having the occasional cigar. Con mi hermano and on his patio…awesome. As for the d-weed who has moved back here full time and now sits around the edge of the pool and lights a cigar…no love there. Ruder.

The plan…confirm the rules of the condo and then have a chat with him. Stay tuned.

As for the rest of the day….

Bexico did a workout while I was at Nissan, then hit the oficina. No new projects but has a few nibbles and keeps applying when she sees a relevant contract.

Bexico and I walked to drop off the laundry and then she hit the tienda de verdura and I hit el gimnasio, losing a few kilos just on the walk. Great workout and re-upped for another dos meses for the grand sum of $500 pesos…$21 Cdn/mes.

Yeu came in at 320pm for his 3pm shift and we spent some time catching up. He has a hand drawn picture for me….that he keeps forgetting to give to me. Ja ja ja And I warned him we are at 7 weeks and counting before we leave, so I need to know about his zapatos!!

He did have a clean cut, corte de cabello and I asked porque. He needed fotos for his school ID, and they don’t allow just any style for the ID…he went militar!!

Bexico and I had our float/swim time and then we had a quick walk in town. No pelicula para mañana…oh well, but we did stop and pick up a 5 pack of super yellow corn on the cob!! It was sweeeet…dulce.

Home, some work, some web browsing and the next thing you know it is tiempo para la cena.

Fotos for the day.

This is the clima above the montañas. Both from near el gimnasio, and then looking up Carrizal from the centro de commercial (mall).



This was a loco perro.



But he did look both ways before he darted between traffic!!

The kitchen apron hombre!!


And the hombre from this camión were busy setting up.




They put up a roadside display and also set up the mobile displays with which they walk around town.

This mecanico works with Raphael and was just having his comida…lunch.


Another talented senorita.


I just missed a great foto of the camioneta that is behind her...stack full of oranges.

And last but not least…


What a fun Bug!! No roof and they shortened it into a two seater!!

Mid week amigos!! Mañana…try to find a place that will repair the secadora. I might also give up on the stacking w/d and buy a side by side for B10. I really want to get that installed before we leave.

Hasta luego amigos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment