viernes, el 15 de julio de 2011


Buenos noches amigos. El fin de semana has arrived!!

Just back from our evening out and must say we had a fun time. An eclectic group of people made for interesting conversation. Our maestra is American, so that always leads to the questions about Cuba and gun control, and then she wants to know our take on the pelicula Bowling for Columbine.

We had a few peeps from BC, one that lives on a boat and one that has lived here for a few years. We had a lady from Seattle and we had one of Huatulco’s original settlers!!

Mariel came here in 1985 when there was no city, no La Crucecita, and only a fishing village of Santa Cruz. She has great stories to tell and is very forthright and expresses her opinion…and she has a few!! Ja ja ja

All Mexican Presidents are crooks, there are no hungry people in Oaxaca…they are fed, but kept poor and uneducated by the government etc etc. A great contact to know and all of our contacts all agree that our doctor, Dr. Carillo, is the best in town. Good to know.

Now I just need someone to find me a great mecanico. The camioneta is in need of help. It is sputtering bad and stalled 3 times on the seven minute drive to Arrocito. I am nervioso to take it to Raphael, only because they do not have the diagnostic computadora. Mañana I am headed to Nissan to confirm whether or not they have one. Fingers crossed. I have also emailed my guy in Burnaby to see what he thinks.

The rest of our day? There were three hours of clase and now we are done until deciembre!! We MUST practice and review, but come septiembre, I think we will be busy!!

Clase was not bad, tons of review and that is what we needed.

Sputtered to Che and then home. It had been overcast all morning and then the showers started. I wanted to walk to el gimnasio, so I kept busy while waiting for a break in the showers.

Bexico DVD’d it and then hit the oficina. My break came and half way to the gym, the HEAVY showers started. Soaking wet workout…nice. Ja ja ja

Good workout and then as I was already wet, I figured I would say hola to the boys. Before I got to the joyeria, I stopped at HSBC to withdraw some pesos via my TD savings account. The dollar vs the peso is really good right now, the best it has been since febrero.

Today I withdrew pesos at 11.88 pesos per dollar while the lowest I have bought at had been 11.57, and the highest at 12.04. I also exchanged (online) some Cdn for US as we pay our rent in US dollars. Great rates there too, .9715 means that our $675 rent costs us $656 Cdn.

Back to the joyeria…my chat turned out to be with Daniel y madre, Vicky. We chatted for an hour!! Great subjects such as Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery and how to pronounce the palabra “pillow”. Ja ja ja

Came home and it was already 5pm. Pouring rain so no alberca time, but we chowed down on some ensaladas before heading to our nighttime event. What do we bring? Hello…Che Horton donas (donuts)!!

And that was our viernes. Thank you Karen y Randy…we will be watching Along Came Polly mañana.

As for the rest of our sábado? Nissan, el gimnasio y no sé.

Not many fotos before the lluvia came, but here they are.

I knew he was just playing muerto!!!


Ground floor flood protection.


Hola Bexico!!


That is my weather station monitor on the outside of our buzón…mailbox.

I love the puerta on this camion.


Three Coke bottles and the mini bat…just in case!! The camion is in town 3 times a week delivering fruta y verdura from the Oaxaca valley (or so I am told).

The tamarindo on the right is the only one I see that ever carries an arma, gun.


Currently no lluvia…but it is moist and damp inside…ugh.

Misc update…Chef Bexico is attempting a new recipe mañana. Can you say buttertarts? Hello!! Stay tuned.

That is all amigos…buen fin de semana.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment