sábado, el 23 de julio de 2011

Buenos dias amigos!!

Domingo a la mañana…Sunday morning, and the sun is shining!! Hello alberca time!!

Long day ayer…a few chelas…and I was too pooped to update the blog, but not too pooped to watch some Iron Man 2 in bed!!

A typical sábado for us. I hit the gym, Bexico did a workout and since I would be heading out with mis amigos, she had alberca time solo.


Bexico then spent many hours on an animation project, but has run into another technical glitch. She has managed to solve the other ones and I am confident she will be able to solve this one too!!

A fun walk to el gimnasio.

First off was a hombre giving a lustrado de zapatos.


These next fotos are a little darker then I would like, but the Mexicans will NOT pose while I figure out settings!!

Here is the same coco frio hombre as was in the blog yesterday.


I came upon Daniel and this hombre and asked Daniel if he liked coco frio…duh!! I bought him one and I think I paid gringo prices, even though I told him I knew he charged Mexicanos only $10 pesos.

He told me $15 because of gas. I told him next time…$10 pesos for amigo and residente!! I might have gotten off easier then the chilangos, as Daniel from Gabriels tells me the coco frio hombres charge them $20 pesos!! Ja ja ja

And here is Daniel with his coco.


And goodness gracious…with a smile?


Ja ja ja

I followed this hombre for a while. Thought he might be selling bar stools…but he just walked through town.


A camioneta full of plantas.


I did not see if this was a hombre cooking samples, or offering to cook the product you purchased.


Always love the Fonatur taxi at the end of the day or week.


Quiet day at the gym but it was the first time I had seen Yeu in a week. That normally means lot of catch up, and ayer was no different.

Yeu is still in the process of landing a job at a hotel, hates working at el gimnasio (boring and low pay) and tells me he will start universidad in septiembre. I was quite happy to hear that and congratulated him.

I reminded him we have 7 weeks left here before the trip to Van, he needs to tell me what size 13 zapatos he wants.

I was a bit (hee x3) tarde (late), so I hustled through town, grabbed two HUGE rib eyes (dos rib eye, todo un kilo por favor) and then a quick hola to Daniel who immediately asks where I have been. I haven’t seen him for a few days due to our schedule.

Home and then off to Nissan where Tony was waiting for me.

Here is the Nissan dealership.


A little ceiling damage due to the lluvia.


Mi tanque y flotador.


And the reparaciones on the tanque.


Want to confuse some Mexican Nissan workers? Take this foto.


Tony asked me porque…why a foto of the baños. Gracioso…funny is all I say.

We headed to Pucks and along with Tony y Carlos, Arturo, the jefe de refacciones, came along as well. He was a tad chilly when I first met him, but he warmed up over a few visits and he was muy simpatico, very friendly, when we were all at Pucks.

Left to right…Tony, Carlos y Arturo.


Tres amigos.


How to describe almost 5 hours with the amigos? Fun, hilarious, interesting, taxing on the brain….

We talked about so many different things. I showed them my español/ingles picture dictionary and they loved it. I showed them my home made cue cards and they laughed. I brought the lap top and showed them a ton of fotos and they were intrigued by all the nieve and the montañas at Whistler.

I showed them fotos from the heli-board trip. Know what a helicopter in español is? Helicóptero!!! Who knew? Ja ja ja

What was taxing on the brain? Obviously the español was, but what a great learning experience. And then many times all three of them wanted to talk to me at once, or ask me a question. I would be in the middle of thinking or talking to one of them, and I would hear the other two say "Marco, Marco...". Ja ja ja

Tony lives with his “wife”, called that because they have a nína together, and her padres. His padres live here in town as well.

Carols is from Isthmus, which is a small town in Oaxaca, actually located on the isthmus. He is an Ing…inginero and studied for several years after public escuela. He worked at the refineries in Salina Cruz and he loves to play béisbolgusta bailer?” and ayer he asked “¿tu gusta cantar?”…I guess he likes to sing and dance? Ja ja ja

Didn’t find out much about Arturo. Married and has kids in Puerto y Canun. Domingo is his day off from Nissan, but like many Mexicanos, he will be doing some “other” work today. I swear it has something to do with pollo!!

Randy came out to say hola, it felt good to bring them some business and maybe the Nissan hombres will return. They are more used to bars that sell $10 peso cervezas, but a bucket of 6 for $100 pesos was not bad. I picked up la cuenta (bill), but it was worth the $$.

And not sure why, but we are getting a descuento on the bomba de gasolina. I ask porque and am told…hermano. I am now their brother…slightly older, but their brother. A funny situation, but I feel honored.

Arturo stuck around for over an hour and then had to head to Puerto Escondido, where he lives on the weekend. Tony got a bit (hee x3) blurry eyed and then after 3 or so hours, his padre called him and he told me he was VERY sorry, but had to leave. He apologized 3 times!!

Carlos and I stuck around for another hour, finishing some chelas and playing pool. Then we walked together to Che where he went home and I went shopping.

Che was Che…but thanks to Karen, we found and scored on some NY bagels!! Ja ja ja

Took a taxi home and it was already 7pm…yikes. Ate my ensalada and then got down to cooking the 500 gramo bisteks!!

Overall…a great day.

And last but not least, Gato Negro.


She came up for some leche and then hung around for almost an hour as we cooked dinner and as she avoided the rain and thunder.

And while cooking desayunos this morning, who did we hear meowing? Gato Negro was back for more leche!!

Hoy? Today? Hello bagels y huevos revueltos!! Alberca time for sure and maybe the Indy race at 1pm. Lomo cerdo con arroz para la cena and will try and see if we can stream the first episode of the final season of Entourage!!

Have a buen domingo.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment