jueves, el 21 de julio de 2011


Buenos tardes all. 635pm y los ensaladas son terminada!!

A good day…not too much excitement.

Here is the color of the sky we awoke to today.


Hello!! Bluebird?

And here is the clima por encima de las montañas.


Bexico is feeling a bit (hee x3) better, had a great sleep, did some yoga and oficina work.

Me? Hola to el gimnasio and then Nissan.

Look who said adios to me as I went to el gimnasio.


Nothing new at el gimnasio…good workout. Grabbed a taxi to Nissan and I must say, driving in a taxi is a great way to practice español!!

Greeted by big smiles at Nissan. Confirmed that they have filtro de gasoline in stock and can pay for it when I pay the other 50% of the refacciones I have ordered. I also asked for the filtro de aire to be cleaned and a cambio de aceite y filtro. Might as well get it all done at the same time.

Here is a picture of loco Pablo…funny guy, but he might be nuts.


In the background you can see our camioneta verde (green truck).

Here is Tony’s set of wheels…1993 Nissan camioneta.


He tells me he also has a chopper that he wants to paint. He is going to send us a foto so we can fotoshop it and show him the various colors he could use.

Confirmed we will be meeting up at 2pm on sábado for chelas…cervezas. Hello Senor Pucks.

I headed to Elektra to check on the lavadora/secadora.


But first I bumped into Susan from clase. A fun ol’gal…but crazy as a loon!!

Elektra? Same story. The stacking unit is on the floor sin (without) the vendido (sold) sign, but they tell me it is sold. More units? In 5 days!! Ja ja ja

Popped into Che…guess what I bought 5 of? Can you say “mezcla en polvo para preparar salsa gravy moreno”? Packets of gravy!! Score!! First time I have ever seen them here. No Swiss Chalet sauce, but really, except for Ontario y Newfoundland, who likes that stuff?

Taxi home so the pollo does not go bad and then off to the Modelorama. I bring back the empties and the hombre asks “igual?”. That also means “mismo”, or “the same”. He loaded me up with 12 more Pacificos at $8 pesos each (68 cents Cdn) and 12 more Negrto Modelos at $10 pesos each (85 cents Cdn). A great deal!!

Back home for alberca time…and of course the nube rolled in. But it is now 7pm and we still have sunlight and no lluvia!!

Speaking about lluvia…some fotos.

This is the 5th time I have seen this....at the same spot!!!


All they do is dig up the bache, fill it with sand and then roll over it. Doph.

This was some drainage work being conducted.


Might as well continue with the rest of the fotos.

In the back of this camioneta is un hombre de coco frio.


I asked him how many he sold in a day and he told me 100. At $10 pesos each, $1000 pesos and he probably spends 2-3 pesos to buy each, leaving $700 pesos before gas expenses. Still adds up to $59 Cdn/day…7 times the minimum wage.

I love how fast the food carts flock to the turismo buses.


There was a helado cart, a fruta cart and a food cart all hoping to score a sale.

This is hanging from a palm tree.


We have seen cocos and these large strips of the palm trees fall close to peeps. Peligroso…dangerous.

Lots of ideas for Mojon.


I see these modern, yet still Mexican, casas and it sparks the creative juices and keeps us excited about Mojon. In this foto I loved the large sliding doors as well as the roof top palapa.

And last but not least, some fotos of typical Huatulco.



Palm trees, el sol y blue skies. Tangolunda is the hotel/resort section of Huatulco.

830pm….la cena, leftover meatballs, is finished!! Pollo mañana and rib eyes sometime this weekend!!

Mañana is viernes…already? El gimnasio and then we are meeting Karen y Randy for lunch….Krazy Kraut, a restaurante that I think is owned (?) by  a Canadian.

No Nascar this fin de semana, and other then the cervezas con mi amigos de Nissan, nothing else is planned. If the weather is good, maybe we will head to Mojon.

Have a great viernes.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment