viernes, el 29 de julio de 2011


Hola amigos.

A little ah-ha I discovered while doing my morning web surfing.

Know who this is?


It is Duckie from the 80’s pelicula, Pretty in Pink. The ah-ha? The actor is Jon Cryer who plays Allen on Two and a Half Men. That show is very popular on the rerun channel down here.

Always good to have an ah-ha as I watch the American debt situation erode the value of my mutual fund portfolio.

Lets start the blog entry with fotos from the day.

Know what is in season?


Purses!! Hello!!

And uva…grapes.



$10 pesos for ½ kilo…less then a dollar Cdn for a pound.

This can be yours for $30 pesos.


And safer then a moto?


One repair shops closes, another opens.


In a front yard, this shop is on the way home from el gimnasio. Mañana I will see if they work on Bosch secadoras.

Talking about shops closing, Bexico tells me that Carlo’s restaurante de camarones is also now cerrado. He did tell us that negocio was malo (bad).

Dos senoritas.


Lugging a pail of hielo down the street.

Hombre? What hombre? I do not see any hombre.


Cammo hombre.

And last but not least.


One word…leche. Yup, this is Gato Negro saying "leche" and yup, she came up for some.

Our day?

Bexico had a mini workout…she has 3rd trimester fatigue sometimes and we don’t want her to push it.

Then into her oficina and back to work. I have seen a sneak peak of her latest pelicula and I think it is great. And some great news…she has been signed up to create another animated pelicula for a new client…more work!!! Felicidades!!

Me? I had some great zzzzz’s and then spent an hour with my hand on Bexico’s belly as niño decided to let us know he/she was awake too!!

And then unrelated to that fun, I got out of bed and had a stiff neck!! Postponed el gimnasio and instead went to Nissan to show Tony the mofler. He thought it might be installed backwards…ugh. So off to the moflero where Tony chatted the hombre up.

He showed us a cut away mofler and we all agreed that the mofler could be installed in either direction. Here’s hoping….ja ja ja

On the way back to Nissan, Tony gave me the gears for paying a little too much and for going to the wrong moflero. I then gave him the gears for allowing me to go on my own!! Ja ja ja

Currently 7pm and I will see the Nissan boys play their partido de futbol in an hour. It is part of my way of saying thanks for all their ongoing help.

Dropped Tony off and then hit up Che. Burritos tonight and lomo mañana and hello…hamburguesa domingo!!

By the time I got home, my neck was loosened up enough to hit el gimnasio and off I went. Only 2 peeps in the gym and for whatever reason, it was a tough workout…energía baja…low energy. Oh well…it happens.

Walked through town and said hola to Daniel and spent some time surfing Futureshop.ca with Moises. Por que? He likes my iPod and is eyeing me to buy him one when we are back in Van. Easier then a skateboard!!

Headed home and then we turned right around to check on the place that gives vaccinations. Lets just say that they do give vaccinations…but they seem to be very disorganized.

We later talked with Daniel and he laughed when we retold the story. Why did he laugh? He says Mexicans wait until the baby is born before they go looking for doctors etc. And sometimes even then they don’t go looking.

He is a true amigo and will help us through this process. We are not concerned about the vaccinations, we are now looking for a pediatrician and this is where Daniel will assist us. His hijo was born in Oaxaca, but will ask all his amigos here in Huatulco what they recommend.

We are still going to go the military hospital to see what they have to offer. Stay tuned.

Alberca time…sin sol!! The clouds moved in before we hit the pool…again!! Must start swimming earlier in the day.

Despues de alberca, off to the tienda de electronics and picked up the charger. $100 pesos and I was off. Good news…it works better then it did ayer. Bad news…it still seems to turn off and I need to play with it. But it is $460 pesos cheaper then a new one and I will make a decision once we are back in Van.

730pm…time to finish la cena and then off to rapido.

Back soon.

Ok…maybe not soon. I MUST remember that an 8pm partido de futbol starts at 830 or 845pm…ugh!!

Ugly game to start…5-1 and then they pulled Tony from goal. I sit with the team and it is quite an experience. No real coach, no uniforms (yet) and not enough jugadores…players. They wanted an otra goalie, so this guy kicks off his dress shoes, puts on Tony’s sneakers and plays goalie. Everyone is kind to me and I try to listen in on the conversations and pick up palabras I understand.

Despues de partido, I went into the other stands and met Tony’s padre, esposa y hija. We had a great chat about kids, Canada, Huatulco, Tony’s work etc. Friendly family.

Then it was time to talk with Carlos. He introduced someone to me, so I said mucho gusto, but then he reminded me that it was the senorita from the caja, the cashier at Nissan. She took my “funny money” and tonight I was able to explain why I play that joke. So many serio Mexicans…and the funny money makes them ALL laugh!!

We had a good chat and Carlos has it figured out. If I don’t understand what he says, just try other palabras that mean the same thing!! It works!! Ja ja ja

10pm and that was our day. Bexico is still hard at work in her oficina, but is about to call it a day.

Mañana is sábado!! No special plans, but we are going to go out for lunch sometime soon. Nascar on domingo and upon our return in diciembre, I am looking forward to watching some NFL via our dish!!

Buen fin de semana!! Oh yeah...it is a long weekend for many of you. Enjoy!!!

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment