lunes, el 25 de julio de 2011

Buenos noches amigos y Feliz Cumpleaños Senor Boudreau!!

7pm and the papas are on the estufa and the roti pollo is ready to go!!

Despues de la cena, I am headed out to watch the amigos play some rapido. Should be fun, but it has turned hot and muggy!! It is currently 33 grados…plus humido.

We did go visit Nissan today and all the refacciones all arrived today…flotador, bomba de gasoline y 2 shock absorbers. When we got to Nissan, quick introductions for Bexico and then off to check on the truck.

It was on the lift and the tanque has already been installed, meaning the bomba and flotador were already installed into the tanque.

Tony hopes to have the truck started today, and ready for me to pick up mañana at 5pm. I feel good about everything, except they were changing the oil today…and the truck hasn’t been running for a week. Normally the oil would be hot when changed? Welcome to Mexico!!

Oh yeah…and they do not carry the grade of oil the truck usually uses. Should be good enough (it is Nissan brand) to get me back to Van…it is the stuff they put in taxis!!

Tony has also offered to take me to a moflero to get a quote on fixing a hole we have in the muffler.


And that was a moflero!! Ja ja ja No, serio…that was a moflero!!

Hola…10pm and it is a balmy 32 grados inside (plus maybe 5 in humido). Ugh!! Off to the chill room soon!! Here comes another $2000 peso electric bill. Ja ja ja

Well…the partido de rapido was fun…not a great game as the Nissan boys lost 2-0, but what an experience. They had me sit on the team benches and that was where the action was. I met a few hombres, one esposa, had a few laughs and talked about hockey.

One thing I have never seen before…one balon (ball) went over the fence and then into a locked school yard. The Segundo balon actually exploded and the referee was looking for another balon but no one had one. So….they borrowed a niños ball (mini size) and played with that for the last 5 minutos!! Ja ja ja Only in Mexico!!

Stopped in at el gimnasio on the way home and said hola to Yeu and Hector. Nice walk and like I have said before, the industrial section comes alive at night.

So to finish off Nissan, I hope everything is a-ok mañana.

Our day? No broken record here, but Bexico did her ejercico and then has been hard at work on her animation. She is now ¼ the way through the project. She has also been invited to apply for another contract and has a few contacts on the go as well.

Me? Up earlier then normal and I liked it!! Nice to get to the gym before it gets really hot out.

And here was our clima for the day.


That meant some more color and the need to wear some sunscreen while in the pool…something that hasn’t happened for a while.

Talked to this hombre on the walk to el gimnasio.


He was selling restaurant grade chef knives.

Know what this is?


It is the a/c unit, on the top of an old bus, that has been tied down with rope. Hello?

Un camión full of bricks for sale.


Otra camión full of bricks for sale.


Both camions parked only 20 metros apart from each other?


Time to rethink the business plan!!

Remember that our secadora is descompuesto? I knew of a place in the industrial section that fixes washers y dryers.


I swear it was there last week!! Once we have our truck back, I will cruise the neighborhood looking for another repair shop.

Had a good work out…needed to work off some pie if you know what I mean.


And Bexico did a great job on the second pie!!

I asked the senorita at the gym when Rosa was coming back and she told me she did not know? Huh? I thought she was due back today. I hope this isn’t another “Ghimbeli” where I never see her again. I will wait until I see Galdino and ask the jefe (boss) himself.

Stopped at Isssssste on the way home and found some Quaker granola. Score!! And bought some more Mil Isla…there are 2 brands and one is almost never in stock while the other brand sucks. I was lucky to find some of the good stuff.

Walked through town and saw that this business has moved.


It used to be located next to our restaurante italiano favorito.

And last but not least.


The rocking chair hombres are back!!

Grabbed a pollo on the way through town and then off to the joyeria. No Daniel, and Sergio was busy chatting it up with a local, but I did have a good chat with Moises y Samuel.

They do not speak any ingles, and rarely have spoken to me in español. But today they gave it a shot. We were going along fine until Moises asked me about Sector 9. I know there are several sectors in Huatulco, U2, Sector T etc…but Sector 9?

I apologize because he has tried hard and it is only due to my level of español that we are struggling….or is it? He takes me into the shop and logs onto the computer and show me the longboards (skateboards) made by a company called….Sector 9. Ja ja ja

Moises had a ah-ha moment when he found out I was buying his amigo Yeu, some zapatos in Canada and bringing them back. Moises is thinking…Hello Marco…can you buy me this board and bring it back with you?

I will try but I had to remind him that we live in Canada and the board is somewhere in the USA and that I am only driving through the USA…not on a shopping trip. He understands and I will see what I can do.

How many items am I buying now? A watch, a heart monitor for the gym, a longboard, some shoes…. Ja ja ja

Came home and had an early alberca time. It was hot!! Nice to be back in the pool with el sol!!

And after the pool, it was off to Nissan and Che…and you are completely in the know.

Our mañana? Nothing out of the ordinary, but wish us luck on the camioneta. Buen suerte!!

Have a great martes!!

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment