jueves, el 14 de julio de 2011


Buenos tardes amigos.

Can you say flood? Inundación?



Currently 630pm and this rain started a few hours ago.

The start of our day had this type of weather.


And the temperatures have been very low with almost no humido. Ayer we did not even break 30 degrees…brrrr. Ja ja ja

Ensaladas are done and at 715pm I will start cooking the rib eyes. Hello!!

Our day started with the clase and even though we missed clase ayer, we were not too far behind. We understand the rules for the new verbos and how to conjugate them, but now we must remember all the different rules and conjugations. Honestly, I will have to make an effort to talk about the past, or else I will not use and retain what I have learned.

My current method is to practice a few phrases and then try them out on the peeps I see every day. Who? The hombres at the gate, the peeps at the gym and the boys at the joyeria.

Ayer tuve filetes rib eye para la cena. Yesterday I had rib eye steaks for dinner. “Tuve” is the preterite tense of the verbo tener…”to have”.

Normalmente, yo cocinaba los filetes de medio rara. Normally I cook the steaks to medium rare. “Cocinaba” is the imperfecto tense of the verbo cocinar…”to cook”.

Practice and more practice is needed.

Despues de clase, we were off to Fonatur to recycle our papel. We really hope they do something with the paper and it does not end up in a dump. One of the issues here is that we are 2 hours away from Salina Cruz, a city that might have recycling facilities.

We came home and then our routine started. Bexico to ejercico and then oficina work, and me off to el gimnasio and then home for alberca time. No stroll through town today.

No new leads for Bexico, but the client with the monkey animation likes what he has seen, with only a few changes. This is an hourly contract, so changes are not free…a great contract!! Her logo contract is a fixed contract and the client keeps making changes. We have now sent him an email saying enough is enough and if there are more changes, the contract price will have to be changed. Some peeps!!

Gym was good. Galdino stopped in to check on the business with Rosa away. He came over to chat, check my guns (natural vs “the other method”) and then made mention that I still have some “extra” around the middle. Hilarious guy…when he is in a good mood and does not look like a gangster.

Came home and we had a chilly swim. Brrrr. Then I made the call to Telmex. I am no way ready to deal with a technician in español, so the call starts with “estoy buscando para hablar con un tecnico que hablar ingles”.

I waited a few minutes on hold and then had a great tech, who I complimented on her ingles. Thirty minutes later and after she stated “yes, it is VERY slow”, she gave me a incident # and will dispatch someone to check our lines. Who knows if that will change anything, but we are getting near the end of the list of possible solutions. Stay tuned.

I went next door and Marius showed me his fotos of San Cristóbal and then the Mayan ruins of Palenque. Beautiful fotos and much different seeing the ruins with green (via rainy season), vs the moreno (brown) we saw at Monte Alaban in the middle of the dry season.

Here is Wikipedia’s info on Palenque. I like the trivia regarding the 7 FEET of rain it receives annually.


And here is their info on San Cristóbal.


715pm…time to become Chef Bubba.

Can you say carne? Good meat…and it was from Che this time.

Here are the fotos for the day.

Here is Bexico saying adios to me as I head to el gimnasio and antes her ejercicio.


Don’t the two of them look great?

These next 3 fotos may not be suitable for young eyes.

Gato negro admiring his new friend.


Gato trying to get his friend to wake up.


Gato looking at me, frustrated that his new friend does not seem to respond.


I asked Marciano (young man who does gardening at the complex) about the iguana and he thought it was muerta (iguana heaven). When I came back from el gimnasio, three of the boys were at the gate eating and I asked if it was iguana y tortillas and they said sí and laughed. It wasn’t really iguana, even though many Mexicans do eat it…the boys were having pollo.

When I walked back past the spot, both Gato y Iggy were gone. I believe that it was playing muerta until Gato got bored. Here’s hoping…

All this stuff…


Fit in this camioneta.


Not sure what this hombre is selling.


But we liked the colors in the foto.

And last but not least.


Senor Gecko on a curb in our complex. 

Our viernes? Where did the week go? Clase for 3 horas, our routine, and then at 7pm we are headed up to Arrocito to have a clase get together with our compañeros de clase (classmates).

Arrocito is a nice part of town (7 minutes from our condo) with some nice homes. Our host lives next door to our current landlords, R&H.

Our fin de semana…weekend? No sé. Weather does not look like Mojon weather…there is a race on domingo at 1pm and we will close the weekend up with burgers!!

Have a great Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment