miercoles, el 13 de julio de 2011


Hola from the land with crappy internet!!

9pm and you guessed it…no internet!!

That’s ok…we will call mañana (if the number works) and get them to run some speed tests as well. If we cannot get a hold of Telmex via the phone, we will pay a visit with Christine at the oficina here in town.

So our day?

Bad news on the foto front. It was raining until 3pm, so I took the truck to the gym, thus it is “no foto miercoles”.

You know those Sunday’s in Spring when it is pouring rain and you just want to spend the day in bed? Hello!! Well today was one of those days. At 730 am, the despertador (alarm clock) is blaring, the rain is pouring and I had been snoring.

Made an executive decision and the next thing I know…it is 10am!! No clase today. Do I feel guilty…yes, a little. But to be honest, not much. Ayer gave me that headache…ugh.

But we will be back at it mañana for 2 hours and then on viernes for 3 horas.

Bexico has continued to be busy, attempting to finish up a few contracts and struggling with a few unresponsive ones. Everyone needs their work in a hurry, but takes forever to reply to questions or to provide approval.

Bexico is almost finished with the monkey animation, and it makes me laugh…it is funny stuff!! Now, if the client would respond to her that would be nice. She has also gotten back into applying for a few more contracts as well. It seems to be feats or famine for her work, so she piles it on when it is available.

We have our next doctor’s visit next week, and we think all is going well.

Me? Lazy bones drove to the gym where there were only 2 other people. Lots of peeps here do not have carros and either walk or moto to the gym. If it is raining, they tend to avoid going out.

Moved a few buckets that were collecting the rain and completed a good workout. Spent some time figuring out where niño is going to be parked come December, while I do my workouts.

Instead of heading straight home, I took a detour to a part of town I have never been to before. It is up a hill and behind the city and is truly a residential section of town. Sorry to say that it is not a wealthy section, with many brick buildings with tin roofs. The thing is that the people living there are used to it, and that is the life they live.

There were a few escuelas without windows, just screens to keep out the bugs. And of course there were lots of pollo tiendas and very small family run abarrotes…corner stores.

Came back through town, avoiding the foot deep lagos (lakes) that are on the streets. No luck at the correo de poste…I think Bexico’s last libro is lost for good.

Then as I drove by the joyeria, I saw a parking spot, grabbed it and ended up chatting with the boys for a good 45 minutes.

What do we talk about? My day, their day, our families, we trade palabras (diaper is a new one for Daniel, a few months back, thong was new for Lalo and today I was reminded I am still mispronouncing many words…especially normalmente….argh), and today we talked about the best route from Huatulco to the Estados Unidos.

Ayer, I pulled my mapa de Mexico out of the camioneta and it has a much better route then the one I had found on line. Saves me several hours and has better roads. The one thing I have not figured out yet is the cities or towns where I will stop for the night.

No crisis driving at night in the US, plan ahead and book the next Motel 6. But in Mexico, by 6 or 7pm at the latest, I want to be off the road. Bad things can happen at night…tope (big speed bumps), animales, bache (pot holes) and “other things”.

So, back to the boys…we had a great chat and even lined up Samuel y Moises to assist in the big move from G10 to B10. I figure earning some extra pesos will make them happy. With the minimum wage being $80 pesos for a day ($6.85 Cdn), I think $200 pesos each for a few hours work is fair.

Left the gang and came home for some alberca time con mi novia. Brrr…agua fria from the ducha…but the pool was refreshing and surprisingly claro…clear.

We had a rain shower around 5pm so that delayed our pollo run, but we managed to head out around 6pm and also picked up some more verdura for Bexico, the big Bitt!!!

Pizza for Bexico (veggies y pollo), Bubba burritos for me, and you are caught up with our day.

We hope to awaken with the internet working…but it is Mexico.

Hasta mañana amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment