sábado, el 9 de julio de 2011

Buenos noches amigos!!

10pm here in Huatulco…and another fun day is coming to a close.

How do you start the fun day? No need for 8am alarm clock….how about one big treblor!! The tremor only lasted 5-6 seconds, but there was one GRANDE shake right in the middle!! We hung on and after the treblor was over…niño started it’s own treblor!!

A good sábado.

Bexico spent lots of time working as is still working as I type. She currently is finishing 2 logos for one client, has two clients waiting on some animation and one political illustration for an American. She has completed all other contract, has been paid and has also “interviewed” for another contract, by submitting some samples of her work. Phew…you go girl!!

Do bench presses count as “working hard”? Maybe not eh? Either way I had a great time at el gimnasio. Rosa was excited for her vacation…and now to go along with her sore arm, she has a swollen finger on the other arm…due to a bee sting!! I told her she needs Dr Oz (available on TV in Huatulco), and she laughed!!

Rosa left…buen viaje…and Yeu arrived. Wow was he talkative today. And somewhere in the 2 hours he asked me what images I like. Obtuse question so I told him what I like to take fotos of and then asked ¿por que para la pregunta? His reply was that he wants to draw me a picture. Who knew?

I saw him again esta noche at his basketball game. Hmmmm…it wasn’t pretty. Their team was out played, out hustled and outscored. It did not help that they had only 5 jugadors todas (5 players total) so they could not take breaks, and then with 10 minutes left, one of their 5 hurt himself. They played the rest of the game 5 on 4…and actually looked better then when they were playing 5 on 5!! Ja ja ja

I am sure we can go into neighborhoods in our own cities and find some less fortunate kids playing ball. Some of the players on tonight’s teams would have been those kids. I saw some very old and worn shoes and one young man was wearing shoes that were at least an inch too large.

What was nice to know was that the kids didn’t care. Sure they may want better items (like the shoes I will bring back for Memo…size 13’s), but as long as they could play their partido (match) wearing what they have was of no concern.

It makes you reflect on what you deem important or necessary. When people ask if we are having a hijo o hija, we say “no se”. It will be a sorpresa…surprise. But we do add that all we wish is that the niño will be saludable…healthy. That always brings the nods of the heads and sí.

As we end up staying here longer, we will look for ways to give back to the community. We found out that there might be a recycling depot near Senor Pucks…maybe that is something we will get involved with. Once we have niño, maybe there is something with local niños that we can volunteer our time with. Stay tuned.

As for the rest of my day, left the gym and headed into centro. Raphael wanted to ask me why I take photos and after I told him and showed him some of today’s gems (lol), I asked him why they wrap the papayas. He told me they are picked unripe (verde…green) and then they ripen once they are wrapped. Who knew?

He did also ask when I was bringing in the Nissan and I told him I would bring it to him for a pre-Vancouver tune up. Cambio aceite y filtro de aire etc.

Popped into a tienda de electronics and was asked what I was looking for. Pointed to headsets asked “¿otro marca?”. Was asked que tipo, I replied Sony and was out of luck. Oh well…maybe Che has them back in stock.

Daniel y Sergio were still pumped about their win…but no trophy was on display!! We chatted for an hour…what is “chat” I was asked…and I had to ask what rompecabezas was. It means “breaks head” and en ingles is puzzle. Who knew?

Then I had a brain rippie and could not remember the word in ingles for the flower they call noche buena. This flower is used on the bottle of a cerveza that only comes out during Navidad. Here is the Wikipedia link to the flower.


Doph…poinsettia…not sure how I forgot that word!!

And why were we talking about cerveza? Lalo seems to be enjoying some in Acapulco after not drinking any booze for over a year, and I mentioned mi gusta Pacifico y Negro Modelo.

Great chat…great amigos.

Picked up some sandia…good product lately, not over ripe. Hope it lasts more then 1 day…humido kills it.

Headed home…no Bexico? Vacuum and mop completed so she went to the alberca to wait for me!! The day was overcast with a few sunny breaks in the afternoon, but most of that was over by the time I jumped in, so it wasn’t a long alberca session.

We went for a verdura walk and also confirmed the hours for Il Regoletti…looks like date dinner mañana!! No nitrates para niño, so no pepperoni pizza for Bexico, but they have lots of other great food there.

Ensaladas and then the race started. Great feed and I must say…I love the flat screen!! Ja ja ja.

La cenapollo y arroz with some pan de plátanos for dessert.

I promised Yeu I would watch his game…I actually left the race for an hour to do so. Building relationships one Mexicano at a time.

Came home just in time to see the last 10 laps of the race. But as I walked past the gates into the complex, I stopped to chat with Marcelino and his hijo Ricardo.

We had seen Marcelino when we went for our verdura run, and asked about the football-soccer game mañana. He was soooo excited, but had forgotten who Mexico was playing.

When we returned from the walk, he recalled the name of the otro equipo (other team) and told both Bexico and I. Now we love Marcelino…but he mumbles, speaks fast and possibly another dialect!! Ja ja ja. We asked him to repeat what he said and all we could figure out was the word Hawaii.

Over dinner I surfed the web and found out Mexico will play Uruguay…sounds like Hawaii to me!! Ja ja ja

So when I came home from basketball and approached Marcelino, I told him we had not understood what team he had said. I said it was not Hawaii, but Uruguay and his reply? Sí, Uruguay…with a huge laugh because we both knew that neither of us understood each other when he originally said Uruguay and we kept repeating “Hawaii?”. Great peeps here!!

Misc

Maestra gave us a trabalenguas (tongue twister) to practice our pronunciation of letters. Here it is:

Tiki tiki tembo nos arembo
Chari bari ruchi pi peri pembo

Ayer (yesterday), I showed this to Yeu and he writes this down, and then laughs.

Arangaricutirimicuaro

I asked him what it was and he said a tongue twister. I asked if it was food or what and he did not answer. On the net I found out it was a city in the state of Michoacán (norte) that was destroyed by a volcano that “popped” up in a farmer’s field. Crazy.

The new town is called San Juan Parangaricutiro, but niños still use the old name, which happens to be the longest city name in all of Mexico, as a tongue twister.

I showed this to Rosa today and she pronounced the word flawlessly…but it made me howl hearing her say it.

Photos for the day.

Volkswagen


Those speakers are LOUD and today they had some crazy mariachi music blaring.

Raphael, my mecanico amigo, tells me that the hombre that cuts the grass is actually doing it so he can have the trimmings for his jardín.


Still…buy a Toro!!

Papayas


Lots of surfing to be had in julio.


Those are tabla de surf on the roof of the camion.

Know who this is?


I have NO idea who the hombre is. He wanted a foto taken, so I obliged. Ja ja ja

Some serious papaya negotiations?


Floor mat anyone?


I have never seen this before.


The coco frio senoritas.

Niño? I don’t see a niño.


Camo niño!!

This gato needs to see an optometrist.



Before he is called Mr Magoo.

If you love cerveza, this might be a tough decision.


1.2 litros of Victoria for $21.50 pesos ($1.82 Cdn), or bottles of Corona for $8 pesos (.68 cents Cdn).

I was sure this was going to be like out of a movie. Move a sheet of glass from the shop, across the street and onto the truck…guy drives right through the pane.

One hombre stood in the middle of the road stopping traffic, while the other two walked the pane across.


It looked like they were struggling and then the third hombre came to the rescue.


Trust the professionals I guess.

There must have been a price increase on wholesale pollo. Our segundo favrito roti spot has now increased it’s prices as well, from $60 pesos to $70. But now they are adding cebollo y refrescos…gratis.


You can buy whole, half or pieces.



And to end the day off…this is the life amigos!!


Hotcake domingo, date dinner and currently no other plans for our Sunday.

I saw this clip and wanted to share it. Bono from U2 spotted a sign in the audience at one of U2’s shows and brought this gentleman on stage. The hombre is blind, played the guitar while the band played and Bono sang, and then got to keep the guitar.

So cool…and I am sure it is not staged like Courtney Cox climbing on stage to dance with Bruce Springsteen during the filming of the Dancing in The Dark video.

You decide…ja ja ja



Hasta luego amigos.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment