lunes, el 18 de julio de 2011

Hola amigos…mecanico Bubba here!!

What a day!! I paid the $20 pesos to take the taxi to Nissan, where there was no service manager, but the security guard called a mecanico over.

Good news!! It was the same young hombre who I had dealt with before and that started things on the right foot. We went to the truck that was parked out front and duh…it wouldn’t start. Two chorty mecanico came out to help and the 4 of us pushed the truck into the shop.

Within 10 minutes, Tony tells me it is a fuel pump issue. Oh oh…issue number 1. How did he know this so fast…without using an engine code scanner? I asked him and he went and got the scanner and 20 minutes later, guess what? He tells me bomba de gasolina…fuel pump.

Here’s where it gets wacky. I want to order the part today, as it will probably take at least a week. Tony wants me to come back mañana at 5pm and see his report on the total inspection that he will give the truck.

Huh? I thought it was a fuel pump? And now Tony needs 2 days to give the truck a full inspection to confirm what is wrong with it?

Any way, I tried to order the part and Nissan here does not have a computer link to parts for foreign built Nissans. Mine was built in the US and 99% of the Nissans here are taxis that were built in Mexico.

And even for the Mexican built Nissans, it is not a computer link, but they throw a CD into the computer to look up part numbers.

So….I am left to find out the part numbers myself? Yup.

I left Nissan and walked home…ingury to insult? I slipped and skinned my knee!! Ja ja ja

Came home and was mentally worn out…siesta time!!

Meanwhile Bexico completed a workout even though she was nursing a tickle in her throat that has now become a full fledged cold. Argh. La gripe is the flu…not sure there is a word for “a cold”.

So now at 9pm, she has toughed it out and finished some work for a client, had some sopa con polla and a burger (hello!!) and is now headed to bed.

Google translate Chicken Noodle Soup…it comes up Chicken Noodle Soup. Who knew?

After my siesta I hit the gym and look at this weather.


Two days in a row!!

Great workout…miss my Rosa!! Ja ja ja After the gym I went looking for mi mecanico amigo Raphael, but I could not find him today. I knew there were some tienda de refacciones (parts stores) for Nissan in the neighborhood, and managed to chat up the owner. He brought out a bomba de gasoline that he would sell to me for $800 pesos.

I confirmed it would work in the camioneta, and then asked if he had a Nissan original pump. Sí…$2400 pesos.

I did not buy it as I am not sure of the part number (more on that later), but am inclined to buy Nissan vs generic as I don’t need to have the fuel pump break on the way norte through towns such as Villa Hidalgo o Soledad Diez Gutiérrez!!

Hit up the joyeria and said hola to Sergio. He repeated that he could help if Nissan does not come through. All around nice hombres here!!

Grabbed a few plátanos and headed home. Sunny so I wanted to hit the alberca sin my swim partner who wasn’t well. But before I did that, I plugged in the world famous Magicjack and called Nissan in Burnaby.

I talked with parts and got the # for a bomba de gasolina and then I talked with Gene in service (Mike is off today) and we chatted up the possible problems the truck might be having.

The big Nissan plans for mañana? Back to the tienda de refacciones and see if the Nissan part they have matches the part number I received from Canada. Then at 5pm I will confirm if the Nissan garage thinks I need a pump and if they do, and the one in town matches what I need, I will go back, buy the pump and have Nissan install it for me.

If the pump does not match what I was told, I will have to order via Nissan and see how long it will take…ugh. And then there is also the chance that Tony has found out it is NOT the fuel pump but something else.

And my worst fear…new pump and it still does not work!! We have 7 weeks to get it fixed!!

So, after succeeding in getting the part number…off to the pool. There are lots of Mexicans in town and staying at the condo. Their summer vacation is in full swing. Too bad the weather is not better for them.

Bexico hit the hay for a siesta and I went out to grab her the sopa and some Halls for her throat.

I did pop in to say hola to Daniel and get caught as a lot has happened since I last saw him on viernes. The best part of the day, the raging debate about limes and lemons. Here a lime is a limon, and they don’t sell lemons. But they do sell limonada…but not lemonade. Ja ja ja

Came home, heated up the sopa for the patient and then cooked papas frites y burgers for la cena…and that was our day.

Fotos for the day?

For le streb, our amiga living in hot and sticky TO.



Everyone know Gato

And from the complex.

Una flor.


The boys were hard at work being arborists.



That was Marciano y Hector working on un árbol (tree). No need for ropes here.

This tree looks peligroso…dangerous.



It has seen better days.

On the way to el gimnasio…not sure what this hombre is selling.


Mal educado!!


What perilla (knob) throws their basura out into the parque?

Anything in a 36 long?


This perro stays still until he hears the shutter.


And then gets up and runs away.

Nothing makes this perro get up!! Ja ja ja


Maybe a turret for Mojon?


Nope.

Wash day. I really liked the colors.



And out of a bolsa de basura.


Sombreros!!

And last but not least…it looks like it was a good day for the coco frio hombres.


Our martes (Tuesday)? Throw in some work for Bexico, some Nissan for Bubba and you have our martes. Looking forward to miercoles as we have another doctor’s appointment.

Hasta luego amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment