viernes, el 24 de junio de 2011

Buenos dias!! Welcome to blog posting #300!! Not sure how the stats work, but they say there have been 8500 page views since we started this blog. (thanks Mom and Dad...ja ja ja). Who knew?

Not the best excuse as to why I am posting viernes update on sábado, but the night got away from me with both a later dinner (chicken and sausage jambalaya…veggie and chicken jambalaya for Bexico), and with all the níno item websites!!

Waaaaay to much time on the websites toysrus.com, walmart.com and even amazon.com (hello camo!!). Nick has been gracious enough to allow us to ship some items that we buy online, to his house in Portland. From there, I will pick them up on my way back to Vancouver in mid September.

What kind of items? Only a few things that we have not been able to find online in Canadian websites such as a travel bassinette (spelt bassinet on many American websites), the camo diaper bag etc.

Obviously one of the challenges with waiting to find out the sexo of the níno is being able to pick out some clothes. But come on folks….white onesies (when did that become a word?) will be fine!!! Long sleeve for Van and short sleeve for Huatulco as well as a few “go out” items too.

Moving on…rest in peace Columbo.

Our day was similar to many others we have had here. Ja ja ja Bexico started her day filming segments for the Paris contract and from there she needs to transfer them to her external hard drive, then compress them via my Mac and then email them. It is a full day adventure (especially with the 3mbps internet), but the actual “work” only took a few hours and the set up was a breeze.

Bexico does the filming on the kitchen mesita and for light, we move it to under the living room windows. The plastic tablecloth has tape markers on it so she knows exactly where to put the tripod and the actual paper she will be drawing on.

All the file management is not her favorite, but the actual drawing she enjoys and the money is good.

But it did take all day and that meant no skipping a workout. She is a trooper…2o’ish weeks into this pregnancy and completing her prenatal DVD workouts 6 times a week!!
Me? Off to the gym under cloudy skies. It had rained overnight and I thought our short streak of 2 sunny days was over, but…by 2pm (and alberca time) the sun was out in full force. I can handle days like that…cooler in the morning and the sun coming out after el gimnasio!!

Hoy, it is 1030am, the sun is shining and it is another blue bird day!! Ja ja ja

Back to ayer…I hit the gym and it was quiet. Rosa was busy with Galdino, but never too busy for a quick hola and a broma (joke). I found out she does have the internet in her casa and when she asked for Bexico’s email address, I thought she wanted it to send her info on the baby shower. Baby shower in español? Baby shower. Who knew?

But Rosa seems to be the one who likes to send out (or forward) those inspirational emails. Bexico now has a 10 page powerpoint email that she needs to translate!! Ja ja ja

Did I tell you about the senorita who runs the posada (inn…not a hotel though) across from our complex? She works out at the gym (sometimes), has a scowl on her face and barely registers the “hola” I give her.

Anyway, a few weeks ago she came out of her shell and actually offered to give Bexico a ride back to the condo. Both were at the gym and it was stinking hot out. Very friendly of her…even though she barely mumbled any words to Bexico on the 5 minute drive home. Anyway…a few days ago she approaches me and asks about the heart monitor I wear during workouts.

The monitor is a simple one, a watch, a calorie counter and a heart rate monitor. The senorita asked how much one would cost, when was I going back to Canada and when would I return. I can now add to my list of purchases, a monitor as well as the shoes I need to by for Memo!!

Despues de gimnasio, my usual walk through town and hola to the boys. They looked cansado (tired…pooped) and for Daniel it was because of another game of rapido (indoor soccer…6 players aside) and Sergio has a two day old hija that likes to sleep during the day…not at night.

The team is Sergio’s, but due to his surgery, he cannot play for another few weeks. They had another game anoche and I was going to go and watch them, but la cena wasn’t ready until the same time the game was to be played. Next time!!

Headed home for alberca time and after the float, we went for a quick walk. We picked up some pollo at the new roti tienda.


And we must say….this is the best one yet!! It comes with grilled cebollo y un jalapeño pepper and the flavor was rico!! We nibbled on a few bites (Bexico had a drum), and the rest was used for the jambalayas.

Bought lots of verdura y fruta and headed back.

Ate the late dinner and that was the day.

The rest of the fotos from the day.

I saw this camion as I was leaving the complex.




The sign on the door made me scratch my head. Muelles are springs but I could not figure out the word renovallantas. The word does no exist in our libro or on Google translator, but it then came to me the word is actually made up of two words…renov (from repair) and llantas (tires). This hombre may have made up his own word!!

Here are the 3 pictures from the side of his truck, showing how they repair, probably retread, llantas.




And day 3 of the human lawn mower.


Yikes.

Correo de poste.


And a perro avoiding the sun.



This foto was taken moments after I had a chat with Raphael, my new amigo, the mecánico. He is excited about the possibility of bring the supercharged camioneta to his shop!! He was working on a forklift and I asked about refraciones (parts) and he said no problem…Sector C (a section of town).

I laughed and pointed to the 7 cars and trucks waiting for parts and he got the joke and laughed too!!

Updated foto of the camioneta de cemento.





Almost there!! ja ja ja

Oh oh…tamarindo problem?


Nope, they were just looking for directions. Spanish word for “address”…dirección.

And that was our viernes!!

Sábado looks like a sunny day. El gimnasio, a walk, Che and more work for Bexico. Oh…did I mention it was rib eye sábado?

Buen fin de semana everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment