sábado, el 25 de junio de 2011


Buenos noches all.

920pm and Bexico and I are allowing our stomachs to settle after eating one great dinner!! La cena was rib eyes con sabor (“with flavor”), carmalized cebollo, mushrooms, elote dorado (corn kernels) y mas verdura para mi novia.

Two 350 gramo rib eyes for $75 pesos…around $7 Cdn. Hello!!

A great sábado. The 90% chance of thundershowers turned into a 100% sunny day. Temps are back, but so far (knock on madera) the humido has not returned to the same degree as it had been.

Did some web browsing this morning and that meant a later start for el gimnasio. I must be on a regular schedule as as I strolled through town, even Daniel mentioned that I was tarde. Ja ja ja

Bexico completed her workout and then did some more work. Good news on that front as she did receive the 50% deposit from the Israeli contract, so now she has 4 projects on the go!!

Ejercicio de Bexico was a prenatal yoga DVD, lately she had been doing mainly prenatal weight/aerobic workouts. She enjoyed it and may actually look into the prenatal yoga they have in the Centro de Cultural near the zocalo.

I think that is great as she will meet some otro moms to be, but more importantly, it will maybe give níno some friends later on. Hello fiesta de cumpleaños!!

As I walked to el gimnasio, I passed Daniel headed the other direction, in civilian clothes. He said hola and then spoke more words in one meet then he has ever done before. All about not working mañana and I will see him lunes. I still need to ask if his native tongue is español o Zipotec.

Next up was Elder and I received the igualmente (equally) when I wished him a buen fin de semana. He always has peeps hanging with him and after we chat, I always hear them ask him about who I am and what we talk about. Funny stuff….happens at the gym all the time.

The gym was packed!! Rosa was done for the day and mi amigo Yeu was working. I had not seen him for 4 or 5 days so we caught up. He really wanted to practice his ingles with me and I am a-ok with that.
But every now and then he just wants to ask a question and get a fast answer, so he asks it in español. I am more and more comfortable picking out the words that I know and figuring out what is being asked of me.

Earlier in the week I had to laugh as Rosa and I were discussing my español and how come she understands me so well. I told her “mi hablo Rosa…no español” and that made her smile too. She has been so patient with my learning…Daniel from Gabriel as well. Gracias amigos!!

Good work out…#6 for the week was tough.

Headed out, did my walk, hola to Daniel and happy to hear that they won their game rapido game last night, 4-3.

Home for alberca time and the pool was all ours again!! Nice life we are leading…ja ja ja.

A good float (una hora?) and then we hit Che for the fixings. Want to put a smile on a pregnant woman’s face? Find these for the first time since we were in Vancouver in January.


Yup…salt and vinegar!! Ja ja ja

Good haul on the groceries and we are set up for a few days, including la cena para manaña…hamburguesa domingo amigos!!! Lol

The other treat? Bexico is going to successfully bake (from scratch) her very first apple pie and we are having it with vanilla helado!!

UPDATE

945pm and in the 77th minute (of how many?) of the soccer game, Mexico is leading USA 4-2. La Crucecita probably sounds like Vancouver did in games 1,2 and 5 of the Stanley Cup.

Despues de Che it was relax time (ja ja ja) and then we spent more time on line looking at items for níno.

Late la cena and here we are….you are all caught up.

Fotos for the day.

Gato Negro coming to say hola.





BONICE has no age discrimination.


This níno is about 10 years old.

Talking about nínos. Can you spot the níno in this next foto.


Yup…under the scaffolding!!

La Cantera is a store name owned by Sol…similar to Modelorama.


Here was a foto of a hombre taking a foto of the pintor, painter.

This is a feral/wild gato.


It ran in and out of traffic chasing something, caught it in its mouth and then bolted under a car.

Just a couple on a bici.


And this hombre had his bici…and all his cleaning supplies.


Not sure where he came from or where he was headed.

From el gimnasio, the view of the montaña.


A very timido y nervioso perro.


He did not like his foto being taken…typical Mexican. Ja ja ja

And last but not least is this senorita.


She has a door front between two tiendas and manages to put all her wares out front, all to support the family.

UPDATE

Bexico just received an email from a previous client (based in Vancouver) and he has a time sensitive project he hopes she will complete for him. She is talking to him on the phone either mañana o lunes!! Does that make 5 clients on the go? Felicidades Bexico!!

Our mañana? Desayunos…hello pancakes!! Nascar at 2pm and of course hamburguesas!!

And with intensivo clase de español starting in a week...I guess a little review would be in order.

Have a great domingo amigos.

Marco y Bexico
  

No comments:

Post a Comment