viernes, el 17 de junio de 2011

Hola amigos!! Are you looking for jueves blog posting? I took the day off and there isn’t one. Mucho siento!!

But here is viernes post, a few links and a few fotos too!!

It is currently 430pm and why would I be writing a blog entry this early in the day? It is raining. Not hard, but steady since 2pm or so.

Here is what the sky looked like at noon.


I even had alberca time in the rain…the pool was cool and the humido is gone!! Currently 28 degrees…sin humido!! Brrr…frio. Ja ja ja

As a matter of fact, this is our first our second daytime rain since September and thrilled to have no humido two days in a row.

I need to give a shout out to my nephew Eric. After the idiots in Vancouver had done all their damage via the riots, he was one of a reported 15,000 people who went downtown to help clean up the damage. Good for you Senor Eric!!

Not much new ayer…Bexico hard at work, me…off to el gimnasio.

Bexico has two firm contracts on the go and is awaiting 50% payment before she can start the otro dos. One guy wants to send her a cheque? Because he does not have Pay Pal? Come on people!!

Ayer, el gimnasio was empty, but the only comments I remember Rosa making were the question that translated into “are you going to be at Rebecca’s feet taking fotos of the birth of your níno?”. And I replied with a very quick NO.

I am sure the whole process of conceiving, the pregnancy and then giving birth is a miracle…but we agree that I am sitting at the head of the table for this meal!!! Ja ja ja

The big event of the day was the delivery of the colchone y refrigerador. I met Roman at Elektra and it turned out I really did not need to do that. We gave the address to a senorita with a flatbed Nissan, and an hour later she was at Condo Pacifico.

I was in G10 wondering where Roman was and I went to B10. There I found Roman, Ricardo from the gate, a 15 year old hombre and the senorita. They were all looking at the colchone because the king size mattress was too big to go up the stairway!! Ja ja ja

We decided to lug the fridge up first and that was no small feat. It came up undamaged and had 1cm to spare as we squeezed it through the front door.

As for the colchone…what an adventure!!

We tied a rope around it and Roman went to the third floor. Ricardo and I hoisted it to the second floor, where the 15 year old hombre held on to it, as did Roman from the 3rd.

The plan was for Ricardo to go to the 2nd floor and help the joven (youngster) and I was headed to the 3rd. All was going smooth until Roman lost the rope and the next thing I know the kid is holding on for dear life and Roman has grabbed the plastic bag that wraps around the mattress.

I have never run from the ground floor to the 3rd that fast. Roman and I managed to haul the mattress up and over the railing and all was good!! Lol

Funny thing about these items? We will not even be using them until we return from Vancouver con níno.

I had paid Roman to get the items delivered and he paid the senorita with the truck and gave Ricardo what looked like $20 pesos. Maybe that is how things are done down here, but we could not have do it without him, so I slipped him another $50.

This foto was posted 2 days ago and at the time I did not know what it was.


I heard from dos amigos. Mi amigo Melon, possibly the #1 blog follower en Canada, says the fruta is a Jackfruit. He ate some on his travels to Asia. Can you believe he left me with Marilyn as my chef for 3 months?

He also mentions that the fruta Durian, is stinky as hey, but real tasty. Here is the Wikipedia link.


As for mi otro amigo, Here is what Daniel has to say.

“mmm... buena pregunta... la verdad no conozco el nombre de la fruta, la he visto pero nunca la he comido, investigando en la web encontre estos links pero no estoy seguro cual de las 2 frutas sea la de tu foto... 


Breadfruit
Genus: igual
Species: diferente
asi que...tu decides jajajaja”

Included were Wikipedia links to Breadfruit and Jackfruit.

And the last thing I did ayer, was to book Bexico’s hotel in DF. She now has the king size colchon in the Hitlon’s airport hotel!! Gratis (free) due to Amex puntas…points.

Our viernes? The lluvia changes things up, but that did not start until 2pm. Bexico has been busy working on projects, and despues de el gimnasio, I went to see if I could order the w/d through otra tienda. The hombre was not in, but the senorita was empathic…NO. Me? I would see what could be done to try and make a sale. Different mentality here.

We took a quick drive to Che, stopping at corer de poste primero. But alas, Bexico’s segundo libro has still not arrived. But it has only been 2 meses....months!!! ja ja ja

Che was Che…but we did find some muy caro (very expensive) Kettle Creek bbq chips!! And cheddar is back…hola cheddar!!

La cena para la noche…1/4 pollo (muslo y drum), mañana will be pasta con salsa de carne and it looks like rib eye domigo!!

From the Vancouver Sun, a great article about a rioter that was turned into the police…by family, after they saw his picture on social media!! Good on!!

As promised, here are the fotos.

Seems like the hombres wanted their fotos taken hoy.

Here is Elder…again.


Man he loves this car. Bexico is going to fotoshop one copy and I will have both printed out for him. Maybe it will be a Hummer with flames!!

And here is Galdino, owner of the gym.


A few things. Galdino has a different breakfast then I do. Check out his guns. And I must stop using the “auto” function on the camera so much. It is giving me clear fotos of the camionetas, and fuzzy fotos of the hombre inside!!

I saw Galdino at the gym, and then ran into him as he was picking up a bici from the iron works hombre.


From around the condo grounds, another day in Huatulco.


This is Marciano doing a job that is a must down here, pruning the palm trees!! Don’t want any cocos dropping on peeps. When I walked by later, it was evident that a few cocos had the machete taken to them and the grounds crew had a free bebida (beverage).

Not sure why I like the photo of this hombre.


Maybe the simplicity of his day?

Back in November, mi padre did a painting of an abarrotes across from our condo gates.


Now it is cerrado with a for rent sign on it.


I also saw dos negocios (businesses) next to BONICE have left as well. Low season is here.

Busy street corner.

Here is the gas appliance camioneta.


And a family circling the block.


The níno was maybe 2 years old. They cherish their kids as much as, if not more then, many countries I have been too. But it is so culturally different here. Not many people think twice about seat belts (the law on the highway), helmets, closing the side door on the van, etc….

The Fonatur road repair crew.


Their finished product.


No one working means it is between 1-2pm…tiempo para la comida (lunch).

Earlier, up the street, this Fonatur hombre was getting the pothole ready for the fix.


I am not a road repair expert, but splashing some water into the pot hole, and then filling it in with a mix of mainly dirt and SOME concrete mix, might not be the best fix.

And here is an interesting hombre.


He is selling chairs for nínos y what looks like laundry tubs. Not sure how the two are related? Funny thing…these peeps travel the country trying to make their sales. On the way back from Acapulco we passed through a small town and saw hombres selling the exact same items.

This cement truck is getting some work done while parked on “automotive alley”.


And last but not least, a perro.


He was roaming the industrial section and even though he might look a tad fierce, after I took the foto he became super simpático…friendly.

Currently 730pm and we are awaiting our la cena.

Our fin de semana plans? Other then more work for Bexico and Nascar at 12noon Huatulco time on domingo, we have nothing planned yet. Our next Mojon journey is weather dependant…forecast is not the best, but we will wait and see.

Buen fin de semana amigos…have a great weekend!!

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment