sábado, el 11 de junio de 2011


Buenos dias amigos…it is Sunday morning and here is the blog from ayer. As they say “major tarde que nunca”…better late then never.

Now for mi tarjeta del Dia del Padre…it is waaaaaay early as I emailed it anoche, thinking Father’s day was hoy. Ja ja ja

Moving on….

Good to be home and have the condo organized and cleaned (thanks to Bexico!!).

Later start, as sleep helps me get rid of my cold. Off to el gimnasio and Rosa was gone for the day. She has the shorted day on sábado.

Yeu/Memo was there and super talkative. New hair cut, wants to know if I will come to a playa with him and his amigos, telling me about not being able to find size 13 basketball shoes in Oaxaca, asking about our vacaciones etc.

I did promise him I would come to the playa sometime, and offered to take him to Mojon as well. As for sneakers, I said we could look online and I would bring him a pair from Vancouver. Now that got him excited!! He then stumbled on a few words…taking his savings out of the bank to pay me, but I said it in español and he nodded. Funny…he wanted to know how to say it in ingles so he was not satisfied until he had looked up a few words in the dictionary.

Tough workout after being away and ill for 6 days…but it was good to be back in the gym.

Walked through town and had a one hour catch up chat with Daniel and Sergio at the tienda. All about Acapulco (previous home town for both), hockey, soccer, living in Huatulco etc. Nice to catch up.

Home for alberca time in the nube…clouds. We actually awoke to wet sidewalks…we have not really seen rain during the day…yet!! The rain in the morning meant that as the day heated up (even though it was cloudy), the humido was nasty.

Hoy? It was a bluebird day earlier, but it has become a tad hazy. A perfect day to hook up the laptop to the TV and watch Nascar!! Ja ja ja

Despues de alberca, we went to Elektra. Now there is a company that is screwed up!! We did not see Victor from whom we bought our colchone y refrigerador, but did see Irving (ear-ving) with whom we had talked with a few weeks ago.

He was excited to see us and make a sale. Maybe they are on commission? I knew there were no new w/d in the system and I tried to explain to him that the floor model was not in the system either. We had been through all of this with Victor a week ago.

Well….Irving did not seem to get it and even after talking with Victor and a manager, he went on to tell us he could not sell us the floor model and we would have to wait until next week when more w/d came into Mexico. Huh?

I asked Victor if he could help and he said no. I guess it was because we had talked to Irving when we waked in? Back to the question about if they earn commissions. Victor did allude to the fact that we could come back today and he would take care of it….so I might go back this afternoon. All this to give them $$?? Welcome to Mexico!!

We pit stopped at Che and then it was time to come home and chill-lax.

Pizza for la cena and Bexico had chicken on hers vs the pepperoni. Ohhh she misses pepperoni!!

Bexico spent some time in her oficina and I managed to spend the evening surfing the web. I booked Bexico’s flight from Huatulco to DF and back…something I had tried to do last week but due to website issues, had not been able to.

As for her DF hotel…I had a light bulb go off. Points? Could I use some points for a room? The Hilton and NH are in the aeropuerto and that is what we want on this trip…but both are $175/night.

Nothing available via Aeroplan, but Amex is affiliated with Hilton via their points, so I signed up for HiltonHonors, transferred some Amex points to HH and hope to book rooms in a few days. Ta-da. Stay tuned.

Fotos from the day.

One week ago this was the hair dresser shop on Carrizal.


A sticker on a car window.


Yup…some peeps down here eat both turtles and their eggs. Not the person who owns this car…no como!!

Why the air con foto?


They finally installed a unit in the CFE (electric company) payment cubicle. Last time it was soooo hot in there.

A couple of carpinteros.



From tope on the way to Acapulco to pot holes here in town.


The weather plays havoc to the roads and the poor pot hole repair jobs.

The knife/scissor sharpening hombre.


I am going to ask Rosa if his profession has a name.

And who is this hombre?


The hombre de espejos.

And last foto of the day is of the torta stand Bexico and I visited two weeks ago. Great tortas (sandwich) for $15 pesos!!


That’s all folks!! Off to watch the race.

Have a great domingo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment