martes, el 14 de junio de 2011


Hola amigos!! Martes has come and gone.

We actually had some lluvia today. It started at 5pm or so and lasted for 30 minutes. So far almost all of our rain has come during the night…we’ll see if that continues.

As for the rest of the day…el sol was out until 2pm. Nube rolled in early today.

Most exciting news of the day? Bexico has picked up another project. Not a huge one but one that she has worked hard to get. The guy who wants the work done seems to be a bit (hee x3) obtuse. Not only that, he is picking the Bruins to win mañana.

So she has currently two projects on the go, the animated monkey and now this one, which I primarily character design. And she also has been contacted about two other possible contracts. Disappointed that the American sign language project seems to have fallen through as Bexico has heard not a peep from the lady she was in contact with.

What else was exciting for me? The world markets may be in a state of flux, but the Cdn dollar vs the peso is going back in the right direction.

The rate I get charged to withdraw from the ATM had reached 12.04 pesos per dollar near the end of February and then dipped all the way to 11.58 June 4. Today it is back to 11.84, saving me $15 Cdn when I withdrew $8000 pesos, vs 10 days ago.

Our day? Bexico did her ejercicio video and then spent a lot of time in the oficina. She is also starting to feel somebody say hola to her…with the odd tap now and then!!

I hit up the gym, Rosa was chatty today…must remind her I only know ½ the words of the jokes she tells me!! Ja ja ja

Good work out and then off to say hola to the boys. Wow is it quiet right now. Often during a day, I will not see anybody but Mexicans…no tourists in town. I do see the rare non-Mexican at Che…I think we are the rarity living down here year round. And we like it!! Hello? Empty pool again today!!! Ja ja ja

Samuel y Moises were at the store and I have been invited to another taekwondo exhibición proxima semana….next week viernes I think. Nice to be invited. Nice to have peeps yell out hola as I am walking to the gym or headed home. Today it was Elder calling out “amigo” and on the way home it was crazy Behlin yelling “hey”, her way of saying hola to me.

Did I tell you that Victor at Elektra had our phone number stored on his cell phone under the name Gringo? He was embarrassed and said sorry a few times. We laughed but in hindsight, I guess being called a gringo by a Mexican might not be a compliment? lol

Here is wikipedia’s take on the word “gringo”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gringo

Picked up some papas para la cena y plátanos for a snack and came home. Alberca time happened as at it became cloudy and slightly cooler, we decided to take a walk. Too tough to do if it is sunny y humido.

Hit the bank, the panadería (bakery), hola to Daniel at Gabriels (as he had not seen Bexico for a while) and since they get the fresh fruta y verdura on martes, we picked up veggies for mañana.

Bexico had a skype with the new contractor and that pushed dinner to 730pm and while she skyped…hello Bruce Lee in Fists of Fury!!

La cena was muslo pollo con papas…delicious!!

Our miercoles? Nothing extra on the radar except the Canucks winning the Stanley Cup!!

I will try to visit the appliance stores and we have senor Pucks at 7pm!!

Hasta mañana amigos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment