lunes, el 9 de enero de 2012


Buenos noches all.

Welcome to post #500 of this blog. Since I started posting, we have had 16,162 page views, a few comments...and a whole lot of taxi fotos!! Thanks for tuning in whenever you do and from wherever you are.


805pm and we are just topping off Max’s tanque and then I am taking him to see his first partido de rapido. I saw Tony at Che and he told me about the game, and as it kinda fits into Max’s schedule, we are giving it a shot.

We have eaten our burgers, he has had his bath and now the leche…and maybe he will be sleepy in the car seat and/or sling!! Here’s hoping!! Ja ja ja

He had another rough night and even his 530am-830am period was not tranquilo. He sleeps for 5 minutes, moans and then sleeps again. For 3 hours. At least at 9am he wasn’t pushing so hard that his face was rojo!! Nope…he managed to clear that all up while I was giving him a bottle.

And the look on his face? Part relief, part “what was that?” and part “sorry padre!!”. Ja ja ja

Our day was a tranquilo day, not much done, but it seems like we have been non-stop. Me? El gimnasio, my walk through town, Max duty while madre hit the alberca, and a trip to Che.

Bexico had Max most of the day and managed to get him to have a few short naps and also took him out for our veggie run. And with the two boys out of the house for a while, I know she will do the few burger dishes and head up to her oficina.

Now if it was domingo…we might find her looking for the canal that The Good Wife is on!! Ja ja ja

I had a good session at the gym…no Hector but I did see Fermin, the taxista, for the first time since our return. A quiet hombre, but when he does talk, he has a good grasp of ingles. I think he prefers practicing his ingles vs trying to understand my español!! Ja ja ja

Ok…off to the game.

saludos

930pm and we are back from the game. Not sure where Tony or Carlos were…I only saw Abraham and his esposa.

We drove as we would have never made it on time, and max enjoyed the ride over, was thrilled by all the players, and then promptly fell asleep. He did not enjoy the ride home, but was super chill when we said buenos noches to Silverio y Marcelino at the gate.

Currently he is being tended to by madre, who hopes to work her magic on him and hopefully he will be soon asleep again!!

Best part of the partido…game? There was a madre y hija, must have been 2 or 3 years old. She had a doll, but was mesmerized by Max. She was also timida but finally came over to ask me a question and scope out Max.

Her madre told her we spoke ingles, but the niña and I talked enough to get names, the name of her doll and how old Max. She did not want to touch Max at first, but as soon as he fell asleep, she was brave enough to rub his foot and hand.

And moments before the game was over, she came back to me and gave me a small flower for Max. And then she left, only to return with another flower and was VERY adamant, this flower was for madre de Max!!

I thanked her, she was very polite and said de nada and then when she left, she waved and said adios. Her madre was laughing the whole time.

Back to my day…after gym I walked through a very quiet town and said hola to the gang. Sergio was quite talkative today…wanted to know what we called an hombre that can fix lots of things around the house…handyman.

We debated if mandalong also meant that you were a whipped hombre. They said yes and so I said I am no longer mandalong, but lucky...and they laughed.

Che was Che, quiet now and much better stocked. Grabbed some hecho en USA mozzarella…ok but will not buy it again. We are also set up for the next few dinners…muslo pollo mañana and cerdo on miercoles.

Fotos for the day.

Light nube over the city, a few more over the montaña.



She has a lovely bunch of coconuts.


Fonatur hombre grabbing a bite to eat. The street carts are muy barrato...inexpensive.


The carnival has packed up...and almost left town.


Maybe not the best use of 20 minutes, but I watched this truck go back and forth as it attempted to make a left turn without hitting a parked camioneta. He did succeed.




This Mexican niño has an afro. It looked cool on him!!


Used to be a restaurante, now it is a lavenderia.


The artistic side of me...a sombrero in rebar.


A niño on the way home from escuela.


Bugambilia still being worked on.


High tech watering system.


The Mayor...Lalo aka Ron Jeremy.


Helado hombre


Take your niño to work day?


A new sign at mi madre's mercado favorito.


And of course, our Corona bar foto of the day…Bar Nayulis. No idea what that means, but stay tuned.



Last foto




Max y madre having a short siesta.

Our mañana? Looks like a Mojon day…and then on miercoles I HAVE to figure out when I can meet with Roman as well as get going on the to-do list which doesn’t seem to be getting any shorter.

Have a great martes all.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment