lunes, el 23 de enero de 2012


Buenos noches mis amigos!!

8pm and no cena yet. Going to be a later one as Bexico is still working on getting Max to sleep. Or did the two of them fall asleep? Ja ja ja

Max was up for most of the day and then had a one hour nap on my chest, ending at 6pm…thus he might not be sleepy yet. I guess playing Tone-Loc during bath time didn’t help? Oh Bubba.

Well madre has exited the cuarto and it is time to cook dinner.

As the burgers are cooking, here was our day.

Madre managed to get in her 40 laps and/or lengths (ja ja ja) and spent most of the rest of her day con Max. Did a little work while he was cat napping, and will spend a few hours in her oficina despues de la cena.

And while madre was swimming…Max was having a video chat with mis padres...his abuelos.



He was quite talkative today and seems to truly enjoy the experience.

My day? Not sure why, but when I got up at 630am for Max time, I was exhausted, even though I had gone to bed by 11pm the night before. Not hating….

So I spent until 8am with Max and he did not seem to want anything I could offer. I admit I was getting frustrated, not with him but with not being able to help him. And then I looked at him and he gave me the “hola padre” smile and all was good!! What a cutie!!

Madre took over for leche time and I hit the hay again. Might need to get this checked out…too much sleep needed.

After I awoke, it was a scramble to eat and get ready to go. The scramble was because Max was anxious and Bexico was going to take him for a walk. If I could hurry up, we could all walk to mi gimnasio together.

Managed to put it in 2nd gear and we all headed out, stopping to say hola to a senorita that works at the farmacia and then into Isssste for some supplies.

Stopped to show Max off to Raphael and just like the senorita, he was genuinely happy to see and meet Max. He mentioned the lil’hombre looks like me…sorry about that Max!!! Ja ja ja

Here is a foto of the garage Raphael works at, and some of the mecanicos. Ok…maybe not a garage, but the calle (street) he works on!! Ja ja ja


I hit the gym and mi familia went on their way.

Great workout and happy to see Yeu in the gym. And later we were joined by Hector…he is alive!! Ja ja ja

Yeu is in school, studying languages? He takes ingles, frances y italiano!! To become what…I will ask him next time.

Good to catch up and then I hit the road to say hola to more amigos.

As I left the gym, I saw Carlos/Charlie and stopped to chat him up about the sat dish. He is not hopeful for another cable in the tubo…but is willing to give it a try…with some WD40 he said!! He will call us miercoles and see if we are free to go to the roof.

If it doesn’t work, we will look at other options. We would love to see the second cable so we can actually watch all the programs we are paying for. Today…no Global BC. Oh well.

Here is a foto of the gym and Yeu/Memo driving away.



As I approached the joyeria, it was nice to see Daniel y Daphene having some time together.


Working at the store is a 7 day a week job…often from 10am until 10pm.

Had a good chat with the boys…Moises y Samuel were there as well. Small joke around me is the “tu gusta chorizo?” pregunta and is doble sentido…it has 2 meanings…figure it out.

Well today at the gym, I was taught how to reply to that question…”no, mi gusta papaya” and when I said that to Carlos at Gabriels, Daniel laughed and said I had a good teacher…maestro!! Good to know proper español as well as the slang!!

Managed to snap this niño in action….looking for and picking out a dulce…candy.




Came home and managed to grab a quick pool shower and dip and then it was Max time.

And around 445pm? Well…the part for the Nissan arrived via DHL. Quicker and cheaper then via Nissan Huatulco, but not by much!!!

When all was said and done, it took 2 weeks to get the part into Victoria, and then 5 days to get to me. Nissan here said they needed 3 weeks…mas o menos.

As for cost, the part, shipping and then the importation taxes, total cost is about $562…for a $300 part. The quote here was for $7400 pesos…and at 12.8 pesos/dollar….we saved $16. Ja ja ja
The DHL cost was slightly higher and I did not know for sure if there would be import taxes (16%), but there were. And DHL charges $16 for “desconsolidacion”…probably means for paying the taxes up front for us.

Oh well…the part is here (gracias mi padre) and I hope to have it installed this week. And I have until October to get the other one back to Burnaby Nissan and get my $300 back from them. So overall…worth the cost…I guess.

At least now we can feel confident on the road for any trips we make to Pochutla, Oaxaca o Acapulco.

And now you are all caught up.

Misc fotos from our walk.

Dos amigos.


Con dos pescado. Melon...que tipo?


Well Elder was 1/2 right....the calle was paved by lunes.


He now thinks it will be open to traffic on miercoles.


Talent.


The bone dry canal system.


Our mañana? See how we feel…but hope to go to Mojon.

I heard from Roman and the shower door should be ready jueves 10am and he is still in talks with the dumb a** FZ guys.

This week I will need to get to Nissan for the install and still have Inmigracion as well. Stay tuned.

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment