lunes, el 2 de enero de 2012


Wow…what a night. We stayed up late (11pm) and watched a DVD and then hit the sack.

Poor Max had a rough spell from 3am to 5am when he was fed by Bexico. I took over and the two of us hung tight in the spare room. He moaned every 5 minutes and there was really nothing I could do for him.

730am and he needed to eat and I was excited with the possibility of feeding him and then having him zzz for a few hours, allowing both Bexico and I to grab some needed sleep our selves.

Well…that didn’t work out. He fed well but then from 8am until 9am he could not be soothed. Nothing worked…I used all the tricks in my limited “how to sooth a niño” bag.

So at 9am I went to wake up Bexico who is the QUEEN of tummy soothing. She was groggy and needed to do some things before taking over. By the time she came back, 5 minutes later, Max was asleep on my chest. Duh…of course he was.

We both slept until 10am when he let Bex know he needed some loving, and than I crashed for another hour. I tell you, there is not much to the day when you get up at 11am. Ugh.

So I wolfed back some breakfast…Raisin Bran or as they call it here All Bran Flakes con Pasas. And yes…ayer we scored on some real leche!!

Bexico had Max duty and I headed out into a nice and sunny day…with a nice breeze as well!!

Found our propane bill in the buzon (mailbox) and paid the $202 pesos to Oscar at the gate. Not sure if the bill is correct as it was for Nov y Dec and we were only here for 2 weeks of the period. That will be a $30 Cdn/month bill. Maybe it is due to the new dryer being gas vs electric as it was at G10.

Fotos from the walk.

The weather above centro was partly sunny and cloudy.


But the moñtana had it mainly sunny today.


Payday!!


This restaurante was always busy and was open a week ago.


Back on May 30th they even had their sign repainted. This is located next to Elders llanteria...tire repair shop. I asked him why they closed and he said the rent was too high.


If you cannot afford an arbol de Navidad, you use the next best thing.


Lots of dumb a** drivers (parkers) here. Remember...there is NO test to get your license.



All these products fit into that camioneta!!




I liked the colors in this foto. It is an abuelo selling papayas and such out of his carretilla.

 
When I saw this niño approach the dulce (sweets) seller, I thought I might be catching a great foto of a kid looking for candy. It turns out he was just showing the hombre his toy...a tape measure.





Good workout. The gym was clean and most items (including the bar bells) had been painted.

Hola to Anna…called her Paty…oops…as well as Hector.

Hola to mis amigos at the tienda and had a few laughs with Lalo#2 who is not working there this year, but as a travel agent at various hotels.

Daniel is ready for tomorrow and looked eager to help. He is also thinking about his future…now looking into a business delivering construction supplies?

Grabbed some verdura and headed home.

Quick float…almost a sink as the floatie is on its last days. Tons of Canadians around the alberca and not a single Mexican as they have all gone back home…vacation is over for them.

My turn for Max duty and one I truly enjoy. He is a coo’er now and was having quite the conversation with mis padres via FaceTime!!



He then decided enough was enough and I took him into the bedroom for a cool down and some tranquilo time. When he is on his back, he has this crazy reflex called the Moro reflex. It makes him feel like he is falling and I have seen him almost asleep and 8 times he wakes up like he is falling.

Thus…



On his side!! Ja ja ja

Click HERE to read more about the Moro reflex compliments of Wikipedia.

Somewhere after the very short siesta, Max was up and had the gas again. Mom took great care of him and managed to get him to zzzz again.

He was so asleep, we actually managed to eat dinner together…hello…at the same time!! Ja ja ja Bexico loving the left over chili con chorizo and Bubba having some of his padres favorite chorizo quesadillas!!

Then it was bath time for Max and on schedule at 9pm….zzzzzz!!

That means blog time for Bubba and oficina time for Bex. Her Australian client loved her work, gave her only a few revisions and then she will be onto her next project…currently unknown.

Mañananiño so far and if he is in any discomfort after his shots, we have all the niño meds our mid wives said we could give him.

And the big surprise for mañana? Moments after sending Roman an email stating I would need his muy caro assistance with the satellite, I get a phone call from the Dish installer whose car we had left a note on.

Good news x2? He speaks some ingles AND I am meeting him at 10am!! Not sure if he can work on a Canadian dish, nor do I know how much he will charge, but I will find out those things tomorrow!!

And Roman? Meeting with him around 6pm to have a cerveza and discuss Mojon. First step in any project there is to find out about any Federal Zone issues. Roman has guys that can do the job…but typical Mexican way of doing things…I need to know how bad I am being ripped off in price, and if the guy is really a legit government approved FZ surveyor.

Stay tuned.

I think that is it mis amigos.

Have a great martes all and wish our lil’hombre luck tomorrow with his vacunacións!!!

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment