lunes, el 28 de julio de 2014




Look Boss...da plane, da plane!! When Max sees something that excites him, he becomes very animated about it!!

Ayer, we had some clean sheets on the bed and he was so excited about that. Life is not so complicated at 2 años y 8 meses!!

Buenos tardes and what an exciting día we have had!! More on that later.

Currently 345pm and the familia is out at the playa, due to return para la cena at 530pm. I think we might have set a new record!!


Oh yeah...feeing like 47,0!!

The día? I had the night off from Max watch and was woken up at 645am by the lil'man. He had a pretty good noche but was back up to his old tricks of being awake at 540am and once he realizes he has his madre watching him, he tells her his belly is sore and he needs some Super Snugs with her!!

Bex went back to bed and the boys had their AM rutina. Tranquilo time, huge desayunos, and then off for a bici ride.

Stinking hot already at 930am, so we headed to Soriana. A good 15 minuto ride and then we get to cool down in the store. We threw the bici into a cart, picked up a few light items and headed home for the swim.

Lots of Chilangos in Soriana and some really friendly peeps too. Embarrassing moment of the día? An older hombre came up to me and I recognized him from the condos. He rattled off a sentence en español and I could not understand it. He repeated it and then changed up some words and after a few tries, I actually got it. He was asking if I needed a ride back to the condos!!

Now, yo entiendo muchos palabras de español, pero mi verbos es malo. I cannot understand all the conjugated verbos and he used a few I had never heard before. I apologized, told him I was still trying to learn mas español and would be better!!

I declined the ride, thanked him and adios'd him. Embarrassing.

Onto a great swim where we met 5 niños playing in the alberca and 5 jaws dropped when they saw Max swim under water and found out how old he was.

They asked a bunch of questions and after we changed up the sentences and a few words, I understood what these 5 and 6 year old niños were asking me!! I never said I was smarter then a 6 year old!!

Upstairs for lech y libros and right before siesta time, the excitement occurred!!

The phone rang...it NEVER rings. There was an English speaking hombre on the line and he knew my name. He told me he was my favorite nephew and was travelling from Acapulco to Huatulco. He was near Puerto Escondido and would be in Huatulco soon.

Could I suggest a hotel for him?

A strange call and I was trying to figure out who it was as I don't have that many nephews. We chatted for only 5 minutes and he asked if he could call my cell phone when they arrived. I don't have one and he said he would call the land line.

We were about to say adios and he asked me if I knew who it was yet. He said he would give me 2 guesses and would not be upset if I got it wrong.

I was not suspicious yet but I asked him if he was based on the East or West Coast. He said East and I only know of maybe 2 nephews, not really even nephews, Gord and Ryan.

I asked if he was Gord or Ryan, he picked one and that was the end of the call. Weird.

He knew what city we lived in, where it was in relation to Puerto and what estado we were in. I emailed my sister who is married to the father of Gord and Ryan and she emailed back and said the boys were in Canada and were NOT in Mexico travelling. She said it was a scam.

Now, they were smooooooth. I have NO idea how they had our info, let alone a Mexico phone number, and then to get me to tell them the 2 names...slick scammers.

They did call back and Bex said it was the wrong number and when they called back, I told them in español that I did not understand them. The hombre swore at me, called me a bad word and then hung up.

They had me in their sights, but I am happy to say that due to seeing news reports etc, I would never have sent them a dime when they would have given me their sob story. Probably something like a rental car was in an accident and they needed $$ to get out of jail.

Wacky, wacky, wacky!! I just want to know how they got the info, including my name. Maybe from a discarded phone bill?

Well, excitement over, Max had his 80 minuto siesta, he was tired from the swimming and the 540am wake up!!

Post siesta, time for Max to do some cooking with his madre and then they ate their comida and headed out the door.

Bubba was off to el gimnasio and said hola hola to the familia when he came home and they headed out.

Some clean up, puttering around, tranquilo time and then a well deserved shower after a "feels like 47,0 grado" day!!

Dinner in an hour...onto the fotos.

This has become Max's "foto arbol" and he was a-ok posing for a few quickies before we headed out for the tour.




Oh oh, people coming.


About to cross the calle...time for a few fotos.



Really Poppa...more fotos?


Ok Poppa...enough!! Let's go!!


Energy burning activities are key!!


Onto the CP alberca.



Max has drawn a crowd.


The two abuleos to the right are super friendly peeps who live here year round and are building a casa in town. We see them almost every morning when we go for our dip, and Max calls them his "pool amigos".

On the far left is Wanda and we won't be making any comments about her!!


Oh oh...belly slop!!


Off to cook. I will finish this off esta noche.

Hasta pronto!!

Buenos tardes!! The meditation musica has started, as has my 15 minuto countdown before I go in and close the show!!

Bex y Max had a great time on the playa, Max going underwater without his gafas!! Bex tells me that there were lots of peeps gawking at the lil'man swimming and once again she had to stop peeps from trying to save the lil'man's life, when in actual fact he is just swimming!!

The other day it happened and when Bex intervened the father of the niña trying to save Max told her en espan˜ol "look he is swimming under water and is 2 years old...you are 15 and cannot do that". Yikes.

The drama of the playa over, they came home and Max was up on his banco helping his Poppa with la cena. Stirring the arroz and plating the pollo were his 2 jobs and he did them well.

Good eats, clean up, a good bici ride...cooler as we are overcast right now!!

Home for tina time, then it was books and leche and you are all caught up.

Misc...big to-do list this week!! Fotos for Max pasaporte and his his padres INM cards!! Phew...busy week. Oh...and the water slides on miercoles!!

Have a great Che martes!!

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max


No comments:

Post a Comment