domingo, el 6 de julio de 2014






Buenos tardes...those were some pre-tour poses...a few tonto ones if you ask me!!

And at 215pm, Bubba has settled in to watch the Coke Zero 400!! Now that will be one fun afternoon for Poppa and I have to thank my co-pilot for being so kind to me!! ¿Por que? Porque the race started at 10am HUX time and that happened to be while the boys were out on their tour.

As this was a postponed race, Bex found the canal for me and also pvr'd it. Score y gracias!!

I just ingested 2 Bubba burritos, cracked a new bottle of Coca Light and the lil'man has now started prowling the palacio with his new camion. More on that later.

The día? A good bed time and then after a few quick wake ups at 10pm and then 1030pm, we slept until 1230am...manos por favor...and then lights out until 520am. Manos again and we scored a 625am cuna wake up!!

Leche y videos for the lil'man...a snooze for Poppa that seemed to be 10 minutos longer then the alarma was set for. Oh Poppa!!

Onto our morning rutina...tranquilo time, huge desayunos and then off for a long tour. We had a mission and it was all about finding Max a new dump truck as we lost his favorite one ayer during our adventura at playa Mojon.

First stop was Jessics and they had some $50 pesos trucks, but not exactly what Max was looking for, and the calidad, quality, was el cheapo.

So we wheeled all the way to Sorianas and having no lock for Max's bici, we threw the bike into the shopping cart and started our prowl of the aisles. First we scored on some vendajes, bandaids, as we used up quite a few of them ayer.

Then we found the office supplies aisle and scored on some estrella stickers for Max's teeth brushing charts and finally, the juguetes, toys. We scored on a great dump truck, one that Max loves so much he insisted to be rocked to sleep with it in his lap. Oh Max!!

Loaded up the mochilla and we headed home for leche, libros and the siesta...and it was one looooong siesta!! I guess we both needed it and Max slept from 1145am until just past 2pm and Bubba grabbed a good hour of that...score!!!

And that is where we started this update...so onto today's fotos.

On the way to Jessic's.


An energy burning hill!!



Well, maybe on the way up it was. Ja ja ja



Spill #1 for the día was caused by this type of off-roading.


Spill #2 occurred going over a small curb and this one caused some lágrimas, tears.


After checking for injuries, I am a big fan of getting Max to "breathe" which allows him to catch his breath, and then I am in distraction mode.



And ta-da!!





Loving the tope at Soriana.






Ok...what happened ayer at playa Mojon? Let's go through the fotos and explain as we go.

Big olas and the water was coming up to and past the water wells. Lots of sand in front of our property, and the familia started their fun in the sand.



Taking a moment to see if the olas would fill up the "playa tina".



Success!!


Lots of sand has returned to this end of the playa.


As we drove to playa Mojon, we passed La Bocana, the river mouth, and saw the oceano was brown for at least a mile out. This is due to all the sand being washed down from the montañas and then into the Rio Copalita and out into del mar. We saw the same brown, sandy agua at Mojon.

Here we have the lil'man practicing his jumping.






Excuse me!!


Sorry for the interruption.


Round #2?




Oh yes, a lil'man besito puts a sonrisa on madre's face!!


Olas grande!!



Water licking the doors of the hotel.


I was headed down the playa for a Bubba prowl, and the lil'man decided to join me.

Find a log, find Max Van on it.


Practicing his balancing.


Oooooo....


Another log, another sonrisa, smile. This stump will be a major part of our story...keep reading.




Looking back towards our water wells.


And look who wandered down the playa to check in on her boys...good thing she did!!




More besos?


The last known foto of Max's favorite dump truck. Keep reading!!


Terry's casa. Note the "lagoon" area in front of the casa.


We saw olas come in and then head into the lagoon.


And then the olas receded.


Note the height of the retaining wall as it too plays a part in the story.


And the size of these olas do as well.


Ok...what happened? Max y Bex were playing on and/or near the tree stump and Bubba was wandering up the lagoon. I had warned Bex that I had seen waves come up and lap the base of the stump, so she was on the look out.

Ever hear about rogue olas? I am just about far enough into the lagoon area that I cannot see Bex y Max, when I see a HUGE olas come onto the playa. I turn back and see Bex holding onto Max and then I see the olas take a hold of them and push them back towards shore.

They are only a few meters from a 1 meter ledge where the property starts, but the wave is chest high on Bex and over the stump. It was one thing to see them pushed back, but I also knew this huge olas was about to retreat to the oceano.

I am one second into making my way back to them, camera in my left hand, when the olas grande makes a sharp right turn and heads into the lagoon. In a split second it is up to my waist, then higher and it is pushing me through debris, away from Bex y Max.

I got knocked over, but still managed to keep the camera above the water. I knew that the water was headed uphill at this point and that it would recede soon, but the pressure of the water kept pushing me away and then my foot and leg got stuck in all the debris.

So there I am, knocked over, a camera being held above the water, my right leg is jammed, and water is pushing me but I cannot move due to the jammed leg.

And where is mi familia? How are they doing? Yikes.

The water receded and I freed my leg and started back to the familia. I climbed up onto Terry's property as I did not want to get hit by another wave.

I heard Bex and yelled that she should stay where she was and we met up. Yikes. Max handled it like a trooper, but he was worried about me when he lost sight of me.

Bex was the real hero as she held on tight to Max as they were pushed back towards the ledge, they got knocked down and when the olas receded, she managed to hang onto Max and then get to higher ground. Phew!!

We gathered ourselves on Terry's patio and used the shower to wash off a ton of sand that had become lodged in every crevice we have...yikes. And then it was time to assess the damage. No damages to the familia, but Bubba had one small deep gouge on his big toe and then some nasty rashes on the shins. We will post a butt foto mañana. Kidding!!

Seeing the blood streaming down my shins, Max was asking if Poppa was ok. And then quickly asked where his dump truck went. Madre said it best...it was either I held onto you, or I held onto your dump truck.

I told him his truck went to Pochutla and Bex promised him a new truck asap. That seemed to be a-ok with him...what an easy going (most of the time) niño!!

Remember the foto of Terry's retaining wall? We saw an olas come up and over the wall. That is crazy!!

We were NOT going to walk back down the playa to our property, so we strolled down the dirt road sin flip flops as we had left them at our lot.

Well...I had left them above the high tide mark...someone else did not and has now lost her second pair at playa Mojon. Oh Bex!!

If we see olas like we did today...we will NOT be walking down the playa. Wacky, as we have never been to playa Mojon in julio, agosto o septiembre and did not know about these kind of things happening.

Come octubre, everything returns to it's tranquilo self...phew.

Would this be called a selfie?


And that is the story of our exciting (?) afternoon at playa Mojon.

All caught up...off to watch the race.

I will finish this off esta noche.

Hasta pronto.

Buenos noches!! All good here in Huatulco. Leche y libros are over and the familia is moving onto stage 2 of bed time...tranquilo time with the meditation musica. I will go down and close the show in 15 minutos...buen suerte!!

The familia had a fun time at the playa Chahue Cluuuub that seems to be under never ending renovations. It is low season here, so this is when the work gets completed. Bex tells me that the oceano has come right up and over the retaining wall by the albercas...that must be 4 meters high. Yikes.

No ocean swimming for them today...hello!! Post pool they were home for some leche and then right into rib eyes y papas frances para la cena.

Clean up, the bici ride and then home for tina time...and this domingo is almost completed!!

Mañana...back to lunes and nothing special is planned.

Hasta mañana.

Marco, Bexico y Max



No comments:

Post a Comment