viernes, el 23 de diciembre de 2011

Buenos noches mis amigos. Only dos días mas…Navidad!!

Our hijo had a so-so night of zzz…colico again. I woke up at 755am…thinking it was 855am and I was meeting Randy in 5 minutos…and mi novia y hijo were in the living room.

Madre asleep on the couch and Max rocking away in his Conejito rocker. No…not because of my snoring (mind you I was exhausted last night and was loud…so Max tells me), but because Bexico took fussy pants out to let me sleep and managed to get him asleep as well.

I took over so Bex could grab some more shut eye, gave the lil’hombre a change and a new shirt. This one of his size 6 month playeras…we are in trouble!! Ja ja ja Check out the playera...it states "It's My Wave or the Highway"!! Surfin lil'hombre!!


And peeps have been asking if our niño smiles. You tell me?






Here he is deciding if he can raise his head, he does and then he is pooped.




As for the gas, we both feel bad for him as he looks so uncomfortable. I have recorded one of his “sessions” to shoe the doctor. We just don’t know if the behaviour we are seeing is normal. Gas is normal…but this level of discomfort?

Randy had to skip today, but I was on the roof for 9am and it was egg cooking temperatures up there…at 9am!!

Managed to get the dish up hatchway and after splicing both available wires, I found the one that leads to our condo.

I put the dish back together, put connectors on all the cables and tried to see if I could pick up a signal…but no luck. Not much I could do until it was mounted, so I left it and headed to el gimnasio.

Late start for el gimnasio…hot at media-día. Phew. Gym was empty…except for Hector…again. I told him I go to the gym at 11am, he is there. I go at 1pm and he is there. When can I go and he won’t be there? Ja ja ja

Hit the fereteria on the way home and grabbed 4 expansion bolts for $32 pesos and a concrete drill bit for $30 pesos. I am hoping to be ready to go…but I wouldn’t be…stay tuned.

I also managed to grab what I was told was a cuña, a door stop. I also know cuna to be a crib. Ahhhh…just back from Google (googleee in español) translator and cuña comes back as wedge and cuna is cradle. Who knew?

But why did I buy the cuña? Because the fridge keeps rolling forward when you open the door. Even though I raised the front to keep the weight on the back. I am no fridge leveling expert. But like all of you, I now know the difference between a cuna and a cuña.

Berlin has a tienda right across from the hardware store, so I said hola and told her about Max. She has been working a lot at the store, so that is why we have not seen her at the gym. Nice…and crazy…senorita.

Did the walk through town…mucho tourista at Gabriels, so I said hola and let them be. I did shout out a hola to Domingo…padre de Lalo. Yup…he is back in town for high season.

Came home and look what I found.


Bexico put up our arbol de Navidad!! We have been busy and there was a 10 second discussion as to whether we should or not…and duh!!

Bexico was ready for a break so off to the alberca and I took over Max duty.

He looked like he had cabin fever, so I strapped him on, took this self portrait...


And went down to the pool to say hola to madre.

Came back to the condo and managed to have a FaceTime with mi amigo in TO…Senor Secord. Always good to say hola and even though not much "catch up" today…we spent most of the time talking about and showing off senor Max.

I also managed to say hola to his hija Sidney who is now looking so grown up, such a young lady!!

After Bex was pooled out, I went back to the roof…a little cooler…phew. I managed to drill 2 out of 4 holes when it dawned on me that the bitt (hee x4) was now dull, AND it was one size too small for the expanding anchors. Come on…really?

As I was huffing and puffing, dos hombres from Megacable came up and we chatted it up. One of the guys gave me 2 of his business cards. He is a cable installer, a taxi driver/owner, plays in a band for hire AND is the Captain of a boat that will take you fishing, snorkeling etc. Dude…this guy works hard!! Don’t believe the stories about lazy Mexicans…there is no Downtown Eastside here!!

Anyway, the Megacable guy checked my cabling and fixed one of the connections for me…nice guy.


They finished up and I climbed down and made my way to Casa Pepe…the Home Hardware of Huatulco. There I paid $80 pesos for two more concrete drill bitts (heex4)…the right size!!

Raced home (5 minute walk) and drilled what I needed to drill, hung the dish and there is where the day ended.



Here is a dish, just like ours, across from ours. 


Mañana Randy is coming by and we will try and get a signal from our dish. It would help if we had a small TV to take up with us and could see on the spot if we have the darn dish pointed in the right direction.

To make things even more complicated, Shaw told me they do not activate the receiver until it has confirmed a signal. The “sign”? A red light goes out, meaning signal achieved. I think it would be easier if the TV worked when you had the dish in the right direction.

And if we don’t have success mañana? Roman told me the usual charge is $5000 pesos and $2500 for amigos. Randy said his guy also charges $5000 pesos…and here I thought Roman was BS’ing me.

So…if it does not work…hola to Roman and his guy.

Took a well deserved shower after all that and it was time for some errands, even though it was already close to 6pm.

I slinged up and grabbed a sleeping Max.


The two of us headed to Pemex…hello $700 pesos to fill an almost bone dry tanque. Then to Pucks to chat up the dish with Randy. There, Karen’s maternal instincts took over and she held Max while Randy and I chatted.

Off to Nissan and hola y Feliz Navidad to all mis amigos there. Took Max out to show the boys and every one of these mecanicos loved our hijo!! Tony is back at work and did not look to happy about it. Good to see all of them and I wished them a Merry Christmas and we loaded up and headed to Che.

Che on viernes, el 23 de diciembre? Crazy packed!! Max was slinged up and about 100 Mexicans wanted to say hola to him, touch his pies (feet), make a comment about the sling (does it cut off his breathing?), ask how old he is, be amazed at his ojos azules and then tell me how hermoso, lindo, guapo etc he is!! No wonder Che took almost an hour!!

No big scores today…the place is low on some stock due to the holidays. Still no “real” milk to be found. Did grab a roti for la cena, some chops for mañana and some molida cerdo so we can have hash for desayunos on the 25th!!

Home and we both wolfed back la cena and then the bath routine and Bexico has just spent the past 45 minutes getting lil’hombre to sleep!! 945pm…right on schedule!!

So Bex is now headed to her oficina to animate a scene of her project and I will finish this update and hit the hay!!

Mañana? Work on the dish around 9am, hit the gym, pool time as I missed out today and maybe see if the boys want to grab a Christmas Eve bebida like we did last year.

Lalo’s family (except padre) is in Acapulco and Daniel’s esposa y hijo are in Oaxaca, so they might like to have some cheer after the tienda closes.

Fotos from the walk around town.

For mi padre...the clima and his favorite smoke stack.



The Tamarindos are at it again. Like shooting fish in a barrel!!


School's out...La abuela y su nieto


And for the Corona series, may I present Bar El Tripulante...Member of the Crew.



All my empties...just kidding!! But I was soooo thirsty today...almost finished the 2 litro bottle of DC I bought at Che...at 7pm!! Yikes


This is a one way street, but triple parking?


Hombre de nieve piñata?



This hombre often hangs around the zocalo, selling his goods. Today he was wandering his way up Bugambilia.


A well restored Thing aka Safari. This one was even in the storied La Carrera Panamericana.


Click here for more info on the race: La Carerra Panamericana Race

I need to research why the sugar cane comes out for sale during the Navidad season. Stay tuned.


 Misc fotos...tummy relief in the cuna.



And sent to me by Randy, some seasonal humor. Enjoy.










Buen fin de semana y Feliz Navidad to all of you!!

Marco, Bex y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment