Saturday December 3, 2011

Oh oh…it was a good day/bad day type of day.

Good day? Come on…have you seen a picture of Max? That and we had a nice visit from Desmond and family. He was mi primero amigo when we moved to BC in 1981 (?) and even though I don’t seem him or his family as much as I would like, when we do see each other, it is a nice time.

Their kids? Wow have they grown up!!

From this...


To this...


And here are Desmond and Michelle with Max.



And thank you mis amigos for the nice gifts. I really like the books…I am sure Max will like the monkey. Yup…we have another monkey!!

More about the good day? Max had a good night and managed to sleep several hours with us and was still asleep in bed with Bexico, when I left for the gym this morning. 430pm and he is doing what he does best….asleep on the couch next to me.

Good day for Bex? She had a visit from Shannon, a gal that baby sat her back in 1988-1990. They chatted and I ran some errands…more on that soon. And thank you Shannon for the gift card…it will come in handy for Max!!

The bad part of the day? Can you say camioneta? I took the truck into Nissan to get the tires installed as well as have them look into the poopy gas mileage I have been getting.

Mi amigo Mike is the service advisor and has always done me a solid. I called him up when in Mexico and he steered me in the right direction. When he calls and asks if I am sitting down…it cannot be good news.

Can you say problems with exhaust manifolds (cracked), knock sensor, plug wires and cap (too much resistance)…AND head gasket (leaking coolant)?? YIKES.

So the $$$ isn’t pretty but he will give me a break where he can. What is annoying is the fact I had to go back and pull out the car seat. The reaaaaaalllly annoying issue? Many of the parts are coming from Calgary and if there is any delay at all…I might not be able to start the return trip until late Thursday or even Friday. Argh.

So, Mike has his best team on it and they are going to strip the truck down on Monday (head gets machined off site…manifolds removed…etc) and then they start the rebuild asap Tuesday when the parts arrive. Mike is on it!!!

But even if I get the truck back Wednesday at end of day...we still need to pack it. Yikes.

Good Nissan news? The new tires do fit…barely!! Phew. If I had been able to find these tires a week earlier, the gang at Nissan would have found these new issues earlier and the Dec 8 departure time would not have been in jeopardy. Could have, would have and should have. Moving on!!

530pm and Bex is having a Skype with her madre and then it will be dinner time.

Mañana? Hello NFL Sunday!! And burgers for dinner!!

Here are the Max fotos…burping and sleeping!!







Have a great Sunday and wish us luck on the Nissan parts!!

Marco, Bex y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment