Navidad 2011


Feliz Navidad to nuestros amigos!!

We hope you all had a fine day and that 25 de diciembre finds you all in good health…and maybe into the spirits? Ja ja ja

Our hijo had his roughest gassy day yet. And we feel so helpless when this happens. He had a great sleep, 10pm until 6am, with only a few feedings inbetween.

But then all colico broke loose. Bexico was up from 6am-8am and Max managed to only sleep for an hour of that time, with the other 2 hours being in such discomfort.

We are doing all the things we know how, and it gives some relief, but true relief…as we all know…only comes when the business comes!!

And later in the morning…did it come!!! Lucky madre seems to always win that lottery.

I was up at 8am and took over and we did the bici with his feet, pushing them in and out, and it helped. He then fell asleep for a while on my chest and as I was propped in the corner of the bedroom, I managed to get some shut eye at the same time.

Bexico took over at 11am and Max promptly noticed it was madre…and decided now was the time!! Ja ja ja No quick wipe…it was a quick bath!!

Anyway…a few diapers later, he was a-ok and back to his cute and amazing self!!

Regalo? Presents? Madre bought us a great libro…pictures and stories of Vancouver now and “then”. I will use it to explain to Max where he was born!! And the day after Bexico bought it for us, we were in the bookstore and I was commenting how much the book interested me!! A perfect regalo for the boys.

What did I get Max? Well…if he grows up like his padre, he will like motorcycles and clocks, so I got him a motorcycle clock!! It will come in handy when we teach him how to tell the time…non-digital style. Hello old school!!! Ja ja ja

Oh…I also scored a 4 pack of Mint Aero bars…hola to el gimnasio!! Which by the way is closed mañana, so I will be headed to Huatulco Fitness to say hola to Alejandro…Alex.

Desayunos was cerdo hash…and guess who forgot the BBQ sauce. So off to the tienda de abarrotes and grabbed the BBQ, bread crumbs for tonights cena (Navidad meatballs anyone?) and also scored on some more mil isla dressing!! Did I mention the 2 litro bottle of the forbidden bebida? Oh Bubba.

Finished cooking breakfast and squeezed in a quick FaceTime with mis padres.

Then it was eats time and afterwards I was pooped!! I grabbed a siesta and for the first time in a few weeks…no alberca time for the 3 of us!! Huh? That’s ok…we will be at Mojon proxima semana.

Bexico was a trooper…cleaned the condo, took care of Max and at 4pm had a short Skype with her family. Lost the connection…I think it is a Christmas, high volume issue.

My turn to look after Max and I managed another FaceTime before I too lost the connection.

One of the MANY things we are learning about Max and being in Mexico, is to watch how warm he gets. It is already warm…30’ish…and if he fusses at all, he gets even warmer.

He was in his Conejito swing and just did not have enough breeze on him, so we stripped off his shirt, making it into a poo catching pair of pants, and gave him some cool time on the big bed…con the ventilador. It calmed him down right away…as you can see.




He is having another leche break and then we are hoping he will be chill while we eats some ensaladas and I start cooking la cena.

Misc fotos.

Max propped up last night, as I had to go get something and needed to rest him somewhere.


And from the library of fotos, Bar la Jungla…The Jungle


Off to do what we do. Tonight if you are having some pavo and stuffing…enjoy a piece for me!!

Marco, Bex y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment