jueves, el 29 de diciembre de 2011

Buenos noches!! Only 2 more days left in 2011!! The 363rd day of 2011 was a full one!!

Where to start?

Max’s night. He went to zzzz at 9pm and awoke for a few feedings and then at 630am he had the gas.

I grabbed him and we hit the other bedroom after a feeding. And then after some gripe water, onto my chest he went and he fell asleep!! Let me tell you…this old softy told Bexico that he will get up EVERY day at 630am if that means his hijo will sleep on his chest!!

I got up at 8am and let him zzz away. Bexico was up at 9’ish as I had to get ready to hit the road and get to Nissan.

This is how I left the two of them when I went out the door.


Nissan. I was there for my 10am cita and managed to arrive just as Tony started an oil change and brake inspection of an otra camioneta.

I hung around and at 1030am or so he rolled our camioneta onto the hoist.

Brake pad changing only takes 20 minutes or so. No machining the rotors…just a straight pad change and pumping the brake to get any excess brake fluid out.

All the tools needed to change the pads.


And here is an old pastilla (pads) vs new.


Tony is a good “kid” at the ripe age of 22 or 23. He likes to teach me español…today we read the label on some oil containers!!

And the whole gang at Nissan appreciates mi negocio, likes me and appreciated the Canucks playeras. So much so that I received a great deal on all the work done this week.

Let’s see. Tire rotation, oil change with new filtro y synthetic aceite, new brake pads and installation.

La cuenta? I was charged $200 pesos ($15 Cdn) labour for all the work. And I was charged $1570 pesos ($120 Cdn) for 5 litros of oil, the filter and the 2 sets of front pads.

Mike at BBY Nissan took GREAT care of me…but there is no way he could beat these types of prices!!

Now only if Huatulco Nissan could get me the darn clutch fan at a better precio!!

Left Nissan in a good mood and pit stopped at Che. Grabbed some meats for the next few meals as well as a score on the last 3 bags of decent croutons!! Also a nice score on Quaker granola!! Ja ja ja

Bono wanted some chocolate and I found a Reese Peanut Butter Cup for him. Oh Bono.

930pm and Bexico sweet talked our lil’hombre to sleep. A bit (heex4) later then normal…more on that later.

After I came home from Che, I was going to hit el gimnasio and this is where the day went astray for a few hours before getting back on track around 2pm.

Every time I came home, it was my job to assist with Max. He slept A LOT today (thus it is now 1040pm and I have had 4 attempts at getting him to sleep!!) but needed some TLC in between his siestas.

Here he is after I came home from Che and gave him some baby whispering.









So….ayer (yesterday) when we were at el doctor, he did say Max had a lil’thrush…a oral infection. All normal he said and wrote out what we were supposed to buy to treat it, and how often etc.

Last night we bought the tubo of gel and of course when we get home, it clearly states not to be used if breast feeding. Doph. So we did not use it and waited until today when I could get Daniel to call the doctor and confirm the deets for us.

Meanwhile…Bexico now has a touch of the flu AND some sore milk spouts. Not sure which came first, Max’s issue or Bex’s…but now we must deal with both or this not so merry go around will just continue from one to another.

So…we plugged in MJ and made a few calls to our BC connections and were given some long distance prognosis and suggestions.

I headed out to el gimnasio and planned on stopping at Gabriel’s first. Daniel made the call and confirmed with our pediatra we had bought the correct gel and also made some colico inquiries.

We now have the name of some drops locals use…issue is they are 25% azucar…sugar…and the last thing our 14.5 pound hijo needs is azuacr!! Ja ja ja

Daniel also cleared up the “plancha” conversation we had had with el doctor. A plancha is an iron and I was confused. It turns out you iron some cotton at a medium heat and lay that on your niño’s belly…supposed to help the digestive system.

We have decided to leave that piece of advice for now and have stuck to what we know works.


Daniel has been a GREAT amigo and I wanted to pay for his cell phone minutes. He was very clear that he did not want that and explained that here, you repay a favor by doing a favor if called upon. Simple as that.

His next favor for us is proxima semana (next week) when we go the Hospital Infantile to get Max’s shots…stay tuned.

I left Gabriels and went to the farmacia and they had only the colico drops, so I picked those up. I bumped into a Cdn abuela that lives in our condo complex and she needed some help buying sun screen and I helped with the translation.

They did not have what she needed and was pointed towards the same farmacia I was headed to. There I caught up with her and again assisted. She told me she is taking clase de español starting next week. Good for her!!

Yo...me? I found the crema the mid wife had suggested to Bexico and grabbed it and headed home instead of el gimnasio…familia first!!

Good relief for all involved and we also set up a cita for our “family” doctor who also happens to by the OB we used for Max.

And Max needed some more whispering and here are some great fotos taken by Bexico. Max has found his favorito place to fall asleep…and he did it again just a few minutes ago!!





There is not enough $$ in the world to make me not want to have him sleep on my chest. I am SOOOO lucky not to miss out on any of these moments!!

Now I was ready for el gimnasio, but had run out of most of my steam by the time I got there…so it was not the best hour of my life. Oh well…there is always mañana!!

Home and before I could jump in the shower at the alberca, it was time to move out the small fridge that came with B10. Roman kindly stored it for us and I just needed to help him move it into his truck and then into his large apartment.

Now we have some more room and with the HUGE fridge we bought…we are stylin!! Ja ja ja

Walked home from Roman’s and then a quick time at the alberca and it was ensalada time and get ready for our 630pm cita.

630pm turned into 7pm and Max was a dream in the sling. No issues for him as he pointed outwards and just sucked in everything he could see. And how many peeps just adored him when they saw him? How about all of them!!!

Dr Carillo was happy to see us and thrilled to see Max, the niño he had cared for during the first 8 months or so.

As for Bexico, he said she has a touch of the flu and has the same thing Max has…but on her milk cartons. His advice is to use the same oral gel as we are on Max…it is safe for both.

Before he took a look, he doubted Max and Bex could have the same issue, but after the look, he was impressed that she did. He is still not 100% sure, but has said to come in after 3 days if there is no change, and true to Dr C’s character, also told us to call him ANYTIME if we have an issue.

How many doctors do you know give you their home and cell numbers…and actually answer the call if you do call?

So we all feel better emotionally if not yet physically and headed home for cerdo brochette con arroz. It was good!!

And then it was bath time and clean up time and you are caught up.

Here are the few fotos from the gym walk.

All you need is a door way and an awning and you are in business.


This place sells a lot of pollo...none of it refrigerated.

Not sure the Virgen de Guadalupe started the saying "if the van is a rocking, don't come a knocking"


This is the brand name of the farmacia we use. There are several around town and have very good prices.


And as per Daniel's conversation, most locals cannot afford the pediatra etc, and will go to a consulta for $30 pesos ($2.25 Cdn) instead. Each of the Simi farmacias, has a consulta next to it...muy convieniant.


This niño should be out playing...not selling dulces....but things are different here.


And some extra fotos from ayer…yesterday.

Max chilling on the boogie board/change table. I like the relaxed leg up approach!!


Max still has the red-ginger cabello...hair.


Mañana? After I peel Max off my chest, I MUST call Rogers and DHL…argh. Then el gimnasio and we are trying to get to Mojon to enjoy the tranquility vs our crowded alberca. That and I want to ensure we are ready for Fin de Año.

MISC

Mi amigo asked about passports as he is headed to Cabo and his passport only had 3 months left on it. I gave him the advice on the Cdn Government’s website and today saw this hilarious article.

Click HERE to read the Vancouver Sun article.

And what did Daniel say about the difference between an umbrella and a sun shade?

Hola Mark... recuerda, las 2 versiones, español e ingles.
La palabra es sombrilla (viene de la palabra sombra=shadow).
Cambiando de tema, ¿Como les fue con el pediatra?¿Todo bien?
Nos vemos !!!

So…paraguas is an umbrella and a sombrilla is a sun shade.

Have a great viernes everybody!!

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment