Noche Buena 2011

Hola amigos y welcome to Noche Buena…Christmas Eve!!

8pm…bath time for fussy pants and in 15 minutes or so, I am out the door to have a bebida with Daniel y Lalo, a Noche Buena tradition we started last year. It will only be the one as both of them will have other friends and family to attend to, as 24 de diciembre is the big night for Mexicans.

Our day? Doesn’t seem like too much accomplished, but Bexico has already managed to have some quality time in her oficina.

Randy had a late night at Pucks, so no work on the dish today. Hoping to have him come by early next week and get this thing up and running so Max and I can have NFL domingo!!

Max had his worst night yet and again Bexico had him out in the living room. At 8am I swapped out and took over and the Max update is that he looks pooped and hasn’t pooped enough!!

He has had a bad primero Christmas Eve, nap for an hour, wail for a while, eat, wail, nap for an hour etc. He did have a great walk with Bexico and he enjoyed that. We look forward to talking to the doctor next week…small concern about the discomfort he is feeling.

Misc…Daniel knows of no reason for the 500 loaves of baguette at Che…he says they must have run out of the other items. Ja ja ja.

As for the sugar cane, he did not know. Wow…mi amigo did not know? I Googled and found they use sugar cane in ponche de piquete…punch with a kick. It is consumed during a 9 day pre-Navidad celebration. Who knew?

For some more insight into Navidad in Mexico, click HERE to read an article from mexconnect.com.

No satellite dish so Bexico was headed out to walk with Max, and waited for me to join them and then the 3 of us made our way to el gimnasio. We stopped off to say hola to mis amigos, and show off both mi hijo y esposa/novia!!

Here is Bexico y Max.


What do you think? Relative of Spock?


And then we saw this dog mimicking Max’s ear? Hey!!


I went to the gym and they continued on with their walk.


815pm…time to get ready to go. I will finish this and post it upon my return.

saludos

Hola!! 1045pm and I am back. What a fun time with mis amigos and the centro is coming alive with lots of families.

I met the boys at Gabriels and then Daniel and I went to the restaurante next door. We had a bebida and then he went back to the tienda. I was joined by Lalo, who had a cerveza and then he too went back to the tienda.

All of a sudden I am by myself as the boys close down the shop and lock up all the displays that are normally on the patio/sidewalk.

They came back and soon we were joined by another Lalo and then Domingo, padre de Lalo #1.

We chatted up Mexico, Canada, Max etc and also talked about the big festivities of tonight. They are all headed to casa de Vicky and the fiesta will go on to the early hours of the morning.

I was honored to be asked to join the fiesta. We have come a long way as amigos, as last year it was just the 3 of us having a quick beverage, and this year there were 5 of us and they hung around for a few hours.

Of course I could not join them tonight, but I am clearing the schedule for proximo año!!

So here I am, home and cooking papas for desayunos de mañana…cerdo hash!!

Back to our day.

Can you believe I saw Hector at the gym again? Otra vez? Crazy.

Had a so-so workout…#6 for the week and I was already pooped when I got there…no crisis.

When I was done, threw out a few Feliz Navidads and then hit the fereteria for a few more cuña (door stops) and also told the hombre he sold me a drill bit (heex4) that was too small.

Quick stroll through town, hola to the boys and then home.

Bexico and I did the alberca tag team…she went first while I took care of you know who, and then we swapped.

That led us to salads and then dinner.

Max is currently fast asleep…spread eagle…on our bed. Phew as he really needed the sleep!!

Here are the rest of today’s fotos.

This guy is seen all around town. Not sure what the image of his car does for his business.


Jean, jeans and more jeans.


A very flamboyant dulce vendor.


What a production...it never ceases to amaze me.


The cooking and laundry equipment hombre.


Mi coco frio amigo who was very interested in seeing Max and hearing about his story.


Ensuring every one looks good for Navidad....shoe shine.


Our weather today.


Jeans in 33 degree heat...and while working this comedor. Hard working peeps here!!


Mojon idea....security. These metal gates have been painted to look like bamboo.


A foto of a padre taking a foto of his hijo.


A lost pinjino!! Not sure how to type it, but the "u" in pinjuino should have ¨ over it.


On the animal theme...know what the locals call our niño sling, the Baby Bjorn? Canguro...kangaroo!! 

May I introduce you to today's Corona bar, Bar el Potrero...The Paddock.


Oil stain on the side of the road? Nope. I was walking by one of the plasticos stores and this madre had her 5 year old niño taking a pee into the street.


Nice piñatas.


This is Ricardo, the owner of the tourist knick knack tienda, next to Gabriels. The guy deserves a siesta as he works 10 hours a day, 365 days a year.


More piñatas. Not as eye catching!! ja ja ja


Hola to the militar.


Mañana? No el gimnasio…hello pool time and maybe a siesta? We did buy Max a few gifts, but things he will use and appreciate when he is older.

Feliz Navidad to all of you.

We leave you with this foto…Santa Max!!


No comments:

Post a Comment