viernes, el 16 de diciembre de 2011


Buenos noches mis amigos. 711pm and I am just back from sweeping the floor in the cocina…one plato down…ugh. At least it did not have the pollo y papas on it!! Phew

A good day…busy and we are looking forward to getting all these misc items out of the way and settling into a Max routine…just to give us a chance to catch our breaths.

Some great news…after talking with Telmex, Bexico managed to get the new Mac connected to the internet and while Max and I roamed La Crucecita, she managed to get some work done for her client in Australia.

I guess the new Mac has even higher encryption then the last one and the modem had to be reconfigured. Our español is not quite up to talking about computers y modems, but using our español and asking for a technician that can speak ingles, was appreciated.

Working backwards here…la cena was not up to snuff….over done roti from what was our favorite pollo stop. Might have to look around again. That and prices have risen…is there a pollo issue world wide that I was unaware of? $75 pesos for an entero con cebollo.

And what is $75 pesos worth to you and me? Before we left for Canada, the peso vs Cdn dollar was 12.25/1 and $75 pesos would have cost us $6.12. Hoy, the peso vs dollar is 12.95 and that means the pollo cost us $5.79.

Our dollar is worth 6% more then it was when we left. That is a good thing because vs the US dollar, which most builders use when charging clients, has increased by 6% since we left….doph.

As for the rest of the day…we were all up at 6am when Max decided to whimper through his gas. We have not tried the té yet…stay tuned. At 6am he went from Bexico to me and slept on my chest…whimpering and moving every time I was almost asleep!! Ja ja ja Poor guy…we fell for him and are trying our best to help him.

As I type, he is asleep in his Conejito swing!!

I cannot recall much of our morning…huevos revueltos for desayunos.

I do know we packed up a bunch of items that were either too small for Max, or we have a few extras of (teethers), and gave them to Silverio. He was VERY appreciative. The items probably cost a total of $75 and for him that could be a week’s pay.

Hit the gym and had a great workout. The walk is nice and the gym so warm, that burning off 900 calories was a cinch!! I saw Hector again…that amigo is nuts!!

Hola to one of the llanta amigos and mi coco frio amigo was back as well. He loves the Nissan Frontier and asked how it handled the drive to and from Van. Maybe I need to sell it to him!!

I did hit Nissan later in the day and yikes…maybe 15 days for the part and not barato…might be $7200 pesos for the fan. Why the 15 days? It is an American built Nissan and if the part is not in DF, it will come from USA and over Christmas and NY…buena suerte!!

I gave the team their regalos…a Canucks shirt for Carlos, a maple leaf Olympic shirt for Arturo and a Canuck lanyard for Abrahm as he wears his Nissan ID around his neck with a Nissan lanyard.

I am to come back lunes and they will know for sure about the timing and the precio para los amigos!!

After el gimnasio, I hit up Isssssste and had a score on Quaker granola, some real mayonnaise, a dish brush (none at Che?) and some…hold your breath…sponges!! All the sponges here come with the green 3M scrubby on the back…don’t need that.

Quick walk through town as I had to hit Nissan y Che, and stopped to give the gang at Gabriels their regalo. A mapa of Canada and a book full of fotos from across Canada. Daniel appreciated it the most as he likes to learn and see things new…he is a smart fellow and a hombre I would consider an amigo.

He made it very clear that he will assist us with our español when we go to get Max’s 2 month shots in the next 2 weeks. As for how old Max is….seis semanas today!!

So I came home and then jumped in the truck and was on the road for some errands.

First stop…the carpinteros. The senorita that runs the shop greeted me with a warm welcome and asked about Max. She then spoke a few sentences that I had NO idea what she was saying.

I told her for 3 months I only spoke ingles and had forgotten much español…so she led me through the shop to where our mesa was.

How long were we gone for? Three months. And when will the mesa be ready? How about lunes!! It wasn’t even sanded or stained when I saw it. Ja ja ja

But it will be delivered on martesmuebles. Items that I am sure will last a life time. Stay tuned for fotos.

Then off to Nissan and the so-so news. The good news…maybe? Carlos seems to feel it is easy to change the clutch fan…hmmmm. Lol

Pit stop at Che and set us up for the next few days meals. The big Che score…pickles for hamburguesa domingo!!

Home time and I managed a dip in the pool, but the clouds had rolled in and I kept it short.

One of our pool amigas stopped by while I was out and brought up a gift for Max…muy simpatico…friendly.

Later in the day I saw a group of 15 or so owners all gathered around the pool having a pre-annual strata meeting. Good for them because last year the meeting was loonie. Derailed by drunk owners and nothing was resolved.

Here’s wishing them luck for the meeting on the 18th.

Max was fed and changed and it was time for Bexico to have her own time, so we slinged him up and I took him for a tour of La Crucecita.

The gang at Gabriels loved him and EVERY Mexican says he looks just like his padre. Huh? But I take it in stride. It was nice to introduce him to all the peeps who we had met during our first year here and had seen Bexico through the public pregnancy period of 3 months until we left at just over 7 months.

And Beto? He was the first to ask bex if she was embarazada and also said she was carrying a niño!!

Everyone was curious about the sling…foreign here. And more foreign…an hombre walking around with his ginger haired hijo.

Not a person who saw him, did not mention how hermoso he was and they were all impressed that he was this big for 6 weeks.

One comment that caught me off guard was the effect his blue ojo had on a senorita. Duh…they don’t have niños with blue eyes.

He loves the sling, was well behaved and slept for most of the time.

Home, we had our ensaladas and la cena and you are caught up.

Oh yeah…wowsers to the new TV with the new Blu-ray machine!!! Just finished watching 7 Years in Tibet…great picture quality. Need to follow up with Roman regarding the dish.

I did call him today and next week he will clean up the lot at Mojon for us. In September, after rainy season, I could not believe how much growth there was. So he will have him guys clear a path from our parking spot to the palapa, get some more palm leaves added to the palapa and bring up some sand to replenish the area around it.

Misc

Received my first two picaduras de mosquitos. That came directly from Google translate…I am sure they call it something else…much shorter.

Took some time…but I found the stash of pesos I had left hidden in the condo!!

Fotos?

Padre Bubba y Max


Max's first bath time here in Huatulco



Didn't quite work out....the flowers matched the colors in the building


Silverio y Marciano


Note the bag of pop cans on the camioneta de basura. There is no deposit on bottles or cans, but I am sure he is selling the aluminum somewhere.


Do you remember what is in these coolers? Tortillas at $13 pesos/kilo


Huh? Road work...real road work?



Yup. They were digging up one calle and instead of continually filling in the bache on calle Bugambilia, they repaved a section!!

For mi amigo Goose. The guy loved the show.


This was a 10 year old niño lugging a box somewhere.


Dos palabras...spell check.


Misc foto.


And taken through a screen on our windows.




Our mañana? El gimnsaio, alberca time, oficina time for Bexico and lomo cerdo sábado!!

As well for mañana…a big Feliz Cumpleaños to Senor Ricardo y mi sobrino Eric!!

One last foto...sent to me by mi hermana.


Ok…that’s all folks. Buen fin de semana!!

Marco, Bexico y Max

No comments:

Post a Comment