sábado, el 7 de mayo de 2011

Welcome to foto sábado!! Lots of fotos to come.

Great Nascar race…a boxing match almost broke out!! Congrats to R Smith for winning his first race.

As for the Canucks…they are now off to Nashville to win the series in 6 games (as I predicted). I would have preferred they won it in 5, but they lost tonight 4-3. A few bad goals and one VERY hot Nashville goalie is what prevented them from closing the series.

I also know there are many voices out there asking where the Sedins have been. Good question…but focus on the positives…how about that Kesler?

I would like to give a shout out to mi amigo Achoo who took the time to call me on his vacation in Iowa. And felicidades to his hijo Joshua who has graduated from college/university!! Always nice catching up with some amigos from the good ol’days.

Our day…hot. Enough said?

Off to el gimnasio and I am soaked by the time I get there. I might need more then 3 litros of water!! It was a good session and I am looking forward to my one day off!!


As for the heat, we are curious if mayo is truly the hottest month and if it than gradually gets cooler month by month until October?

The average temperature is only 4 degrees more at day and 3 at night (vs October), but with the humido, add another 10 plus degrees to that!!

Fotos taken on the way to the gym.

The condo we are looking at renting in September.


Third floor again but with the loft!!

This hombre has the right idea.


Set yourself up outside the cantina and offer shoes for the novias/espousas and hammocks if you have had too much to drink. These cantinas are generally for men only.

I said hola to this hombre.


He was seated at the corner of Chahue y Carrizal. He was a “chorty” with some great chops (side burns a lá Neil Young) and fully agreed when I made the statement “mucho calor”…very hot.

Another float getting prepared.


We missed any parade and/or fiesta as we stayed home to watch the game and race.

This is Paco at his comedor.


I walked by the other day and was almost overwhelmed by the smell of pollo cooking on these big oil filled vats. And the heat…crazy. Of course he wears jeans and a t-shirt. Ja ja ja

And then there was this hombre.


The apron hombre!!! Maybe he was doing a brisk business as peeps were buying regalos (gifts) for dia de las madres?

I came home and we had a quick alberca time as we had to head to Tangolunda to watch the taekwondo exhibition.

Happy to have the pool open again and it was very clean. They were using a hose to fill it up, so I still think there is an issue, but at least it was open!!

At 315pm we were off to Tangolunda. It is a quick drive and the Barceló hotel is easy to find and once there, we saw all the competitors.

Right away I am greeted by this hombre. He normally has a huge smile...a typical Mexican foto!!


This is Hector and familia, who I have met at the gym on a few occasions. He has a farm and restaurante near San Augustine, the great snorkeling bay. His hijo was in the competition and I was surprised that I had also met his espousa at the gym on different occasions.

Both his kids were very polite and his wife was excited to give our lil’conejito a rub. I am sure she is one of the ladies from the gym that I have shown the iPod foto to.

Here is Bexico enjoying the matches.


I think she looks great protecting our conejito!!

We said hola to the boys, Daniel, Moises and Samuel and then watched a few matches.

This young fighter took some advice.


And then went out to lay on some hurt!!!


Not sure what advice was given to this little lady.


I am thinking it was maybe duck and weave…due to the much larger opponent.


But she went right in and gave it her all.

We had been invited to the demo by Samuel and Moises and here they are.



Both of them are into taekwondo, but today only Moises was fighting. I asked Samuel why and in español he told me that he had hurt his head.

The boys are funny as they are both very tranquilo (quiet) when we see them polishing the jewelry at the store. They both also do not speak ANY ingles with us…and I find that to be rare. And then to top it off…it is always the quiet ones who go crazy in fights and Moises was no different during his match, one that he also won.

We stuck around to see Moises in his one match and here are the fotos.










Bexico was quite interested to see the match.


But we all know she is a lover not a peleador…fighter!!

We headed home, stopped in at Che and then off to the papeleria for some more paper for Bexico.

La cena? I had some leftover cerdo and Bexico whipped up a groovy little veggie pizza. And later tonight Bexico Crocker made some chocolate chip cookies too!!

Mañana? Mojon!! No races and no Canucks. Just some great olas and shell searching!! And then home for pollo quesadillas and a Skype with Bexico’s madre.

Feliz Dia de las Madres!!

saludos







No comments:

Post a Comment