martes, el 17 de mayo de 2011

HOLY SH*t!!

5pm and the rain that hasn’t been here since Sept 29 2010, all came down in buckets and it is still coming. We haven’t seen rain like this in a long time…anywhere!!

And with it came some thunder and lightning. I went on the foyer between the 4 condos on our floor and I swear lightning struck at the bottom of our condo. It was sooooo bright and loud…it made my heart jump. I ran inside and Bexico asked if I was ok because she had seen the flash. Holy crap!!

And then the power went out for a few minutes, but has since returned. Our candles and matches are on stand by!! But our cena would not be affected because we will be cooking our muslo pollo in the gas oven!!

Might as well continue with the blog for a few more minutes.

Looks like Rebecca isn’t the only Arnold having nínos. Oh Arnold….Schwarzenegger!! 


On the negocio (work) front, great news for Bexico…she is in the running for a contract that involves 400 plus drawings for the someone associated with American Sign Language and the publisher is big time…Penguin Books in the USA. Coolio…she should hear back in a week or two!!

545pm…power is still on. Time to upload and edit my fotos from the day. Back to you despues la cena.

7pm…dinner is cooking. The torrential downpour and lightning storm are both over. Give me one of those everyday at dinner time as it is almost 8 degrees cooler now then it was ayer at the same time!!

Back to iPhoto.

And now, our day…

Bexico and I ate our desayunos and then she went right to work filming a few more scenes for the paris project.

I was out the door headed to the gym, but my first stop was the alberca. It passed inspection!! The hombre normally cleans it first thing in the morning and if it was not up to snuff today, I was headed to chat up the head guy, Oscar (pronounced O-scar)

Our weather was sunny but hazy all the way until 3pm…but it was also noticeably cooler…phew.

Photos from my walk.

Tamarindos at it again.


And outside the gym...

 

One very flat scorpion, about 3 inches long.

On a construction site.


Possibly left over from the big 3 de mayo celebrations?

I have never seen this camion (truck) before.


Happy to see it…not sure what they do with the plastico. And I know they need more of these trucks as well as a major push on educating people about recycling….let alone just littering.

Mixed emotions on this next foto.


I loved his lentes de sol (sun glassed)…they were held on by a rope. What I did not like was the fact he was 15 years old or so and this was his current situation at $8 Cdn/day.

I was headed to the dulceria (candy store) to buy some bolsas (bags). I need them for my home made shake and bake and I know the candy stores sell all different sizes. Ended up with a big roll of 20cm x 30cm for $68 pesos.

But before I got to the store, I did a u-turn towards the parque as I saw the rocking chair hombres arrive. 

$1000 pesos ($85 Cdn) for this chair.


Had a good chat with the dos hombres who were selling them. I told them I might return in 30 minutes and when we came back in 45, they were already gone. Oh well.

We were thinking of a nice chair to feed and rock a níno to sleep in. Lalo tells us they were selling the chairs for $2500 pesos a few months ago. Low season is here!!

Some camarones.


Yup…cooked and sitting unattended on the sidewalk.

And last but not least.


The Fruit of the Loom hombre, modeling what he is selling. Kid you not…these undershirts are muy popular here.

Back to my gym session…

Tranquilo day and I brought the lap top to show Memo some shoulder exercise fotos I had downloaded.

He was not there when I arrived, and that meant spending 20 minutes showing fotos to Rosa!! Ja ja ja

Memo arrived and he liked both the fotos on the lap top, but also the ejercicio binder that mi amigo, Carson from 55, had put together for me. He liked it so much, that Memo has borrowed it and will be making copies.

Great workout…a few degrees cooler makes all the difference.

Did the walk home and stopped in to see the boys…turned out to be "boy" as no one but Lalo was there. He tells me he is headed home (Acapulco) mañana and will return in August. Nice guy…will miss him for a few months.

Update on Daniel is vague. Will be back soon…can no longer play “rapido”, the ½ field version of football-soccer.

Came home and grabbed Bexico, hoping to look at the rocking chair…but you know that story. So instead we bought some fresh pan para la cena and then walked her down to say buen viaje (good trip) to Lalo and his padre.

Home and then it was alberca time and it was soooo refreshing. The sun was gone and there was a breeze so it was nice and cool!!

Despues it was internet surfing time…me catching up on the news and Bexico applying for more contracts.

Then the rain and you are up to date.

730pm…tiempo para la cena.

Mañana? No idea…other then el gimnasio and the alberca!!

Hasta luego!!

UPDATE

Is it the end of an era? We sat down to eat la cena, grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. All we saw was a “snowstorm”…no reception!! Doph. We have had gratis (free) cable since we moved here….the TV worked earlier today….maybe it was just due to the huge storm? Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment