miercoles, el 18 de mayo de 2011

Cool!! I really mean cool, as it was 28 degrees at 930am and with a humidity of 65%, it only feels like 33!!

Hola everyone. Almost 6pm here and we are getting ready for our ensaladas and then I will be making meatball para la cena. And then at 7pm…hello Canucks game!!

Our day…Bexico was busy sending samples and more samples to the head of the sign language contract. Hopefully all these samples will lead to some work for her. She has also been given more work from Ottawa, furthering the monkey character she created. Great stuff!!

Me? El gimnasio, a walk through town, alberca time, verdura shopping con Bexico and tad a…here we are.

Photos.

Camion de basura.


If you look in the hand of the hombre riding the truck, he has his “tool” that he hits on a piece of metal…bringing everyone running with their basura.

Hmmmm?


Yes it was cooler anoche (last night), but not sure what kind of sales the comforter hombre will have.

The chair hombres are back.


Our rocking chair hombre did not return, but I did see another hombre selling muebles, including a chair.


One big rain and the pot holes are back.


No money to properly repair the holes…they are just filled with gravel and sand and then rolled over. First big lluvia and ta-da.

This tent was set up in front of Consturama (?)…one of the big constuccion stores here.


The tent is promoting Rotoplas…the peeps who supply the water cisterns you see on most peoples roofs.

This is calle Ocotillo.


Not sure why it is closed, an event of some sort. Our favorite restaurante, Il Rigoletto, is just out of the picture, to the left.

Not only is it low season for tourism, but what other season is coming?


Yup…rainy season.

And last but not least…an update about our free cable.


Saw the MegaCable hombres working on calle carrizal, right outside our complex. And yup…gratis cable is back. Four canals de ingles, 10 canals de telenovella (soap opera) and the rest!! Reception is still a bit (hee x3) fuzzy, but oh well.

Back to the gym….great workout and had some good laughs with the gang as I tried to explain how I almost soiled my shorts when the lightning struck soooo close to our condo.

The only bad part of my day occurred at the gym. Berlin is just soooo impatient with my español and she makes NO attempt at trying to help. She could use familiar words, speak slower and show some patience.

I was not frustrated at my level of español, but at her. Rosa was a tad steamed as her and I have great (my word) conversations and she too could not understand why Berlin is the way she is. Oh well…moving on!!

A quick stroll through town and said hola to the boys. It is sooooo quiet for them. They are hoping that the new mega hotel, Secrets, will draw in huge crowds when it opens in July. Me? I am not sure…but I hope it does for their sake.

Home for alberca time. The weather was a touch hazy this morning, but was nice and sunny for most of the afternoon. Needed to make the most of it so I spent a few hours floating around by myself…except for the time when Bexico broke away from her oficina to come and do her laps.

We did a quick walk for mas isla mil…the big bottles, and some verdura.

And that was our day.

MISC

Remember those 24 cerveza I bought at the Modelorama? Lalo tells me the receipt that stated it was valido por 36 horas, meant I had 36 hours to drink the beers and get my $120 deposit back. Huh?

Well…I will head back in a month or so and see what happens. If I do not get my $$ back…why would I shop there? Who drinks 24 beers in 36 horas? Ja ja ja

645pm…time for Nucks.


Wait a minute...when did the game change to 8pm Huatulco time? Oh well.


It is 915pm, segundo period about to start and the game is tied 2-2.


Hasta mañana amigos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment