Viernes Diciembre 17, 2010

Viernes…

Seems to have come and gone. Not sure where the time flies to…

First off, a big thanks to O&K for collecting not only our mail, but for receiving all the packages we have ordered and have sent to their house. We will be collecting a ton of things in January, ranging from books, t-shirts, dry fit gear and espresso machine parts.

Not sure if it would be called a Blue Bird morning, but this morning the sky was clear blue without a cloud in sight!!

Today’s morning started like all the rest, desayunos and then the gym. I did see Daniel on the way and asked him if he wanted a nuevo photo, or just copies of the one I gave him. He wants nuevo…not sure why. I asked cuando and he said Lunes. Again, I am not sure why we are waiting for Monday. But the smile is contagious…a nice hombre!!

Had a good session at the gym and Rosa told me her hijo enjoyed the gum, but more importantly, the 5 posters that were included. The only issue at the gym was my sore pie. Ayer, I stepped on an avispa and my foot is tender.

Well…not everyone works on Navidad!! The gym is cerrado on Diciembre 24, 25, 31 and Enero 1. Good for them!! I guess that means I will get my exercise on the boogie board those days!!

Here are some photos from my walk to the gym.

What is for sale in the back of this truck?

  
BBQ’s, comidor cookers and some apparatus to wash clothes!!


And this truck is unloading for it’s calle to calle salesmen. They had chairs, chalk boards and those little toys for ninos…a stick with a horse’s head on it.


Later in the day we saw the hombres walking around town trying to sell their goods.

And this was another of many furniture salesmen we have seen.


They pull over and put the furniture together right there on the side of the road. Mobile IKEA?

After the gym we went for a brief alberca time as I was leaving at 115pm for the aeropuerto with Krista and Jay.

At the pool, we saw Shawn who was back from Alberta. Nice guy and we had a good chat about his trucking businesses back there. His espousa lives here with the dos ninos and comes down every month. He was another one who asked about the Freedom 45 plan and how it was possible!!

Off to the aeropuerto and after dropping them off, I stopped for some petrol right across the highway. $610 pesos for 62 litro worked out to about .84/litre Cdn. Not bad.

While waiting for the tank to fill, llano, we chatted about Canada and how long we were planning on living in La Crucecita.

When the tank was full, I gave the attendant $1000 pesos and he asked me uno pregunto that I did not understand. He repeated it and I clearly heard “diez pesos”…he was hoping to give me $400 back. I definitely read better then hear. It happened at the gym too.

When I was about to get in the truck, I heard two attendants talking to an otro customer about the Canadiense and I stopped to say hola. As I start the truck, they motion for me to roll down the window. The otro customer asks me how much for the truck!! LOL Everyone wants to either buy it or know how much it cost new.

We talked about it for a minute and left them with a laugh when I stepped on the gas to let them hear the supercharger and then joked about the amount of gas it used.

Dropped off the Mojon documents with Lanny and then popped into Che for fixings for manana’s cena…hamburguesas!! Funny incident there…I forgot the buns and left my cart in line…next to be checked out. When I returned, there were new customers waiting for me and looking for the owner of the cart. I said olvidar (forgot) and lo siento (sorry) and held up the buns and they acknowledged it happens.

Came home and then we went for a walk…to look for gum and pick up some proper palettas!!

Here are the photos from the walk…always lots to see.

Some colorful bird. They often dive bomb into the pool for a quick drink and/or bath.


Marcelino at the gate…Bexico’s favorito.


Traffic incident attended to by the Tamarinds!! A taxi and two scooters…not sure the situation…but I know the fines can be ridiculous and you don’t get a copy of a ticket…if you know what I mean!!


This traffic cop was at his favorite corner.


He pulls over scooters without plates, checks taxis for proper documentation and nabs people for being idiots!!

This is a store where you buy pirated DVDs.



The covers are empty and they copy the DVD right there for $25 pesos. Bexico was just looking and did not buy anything…yet.

A colorful fabric store.


And Bexico outside Roca’s relojeria… watch store that replaces pilas (batteries), correas (straps) and the such.


Two colorful photos of Bexico at one of many papeleria…the paper store.



Here she bought some tape to wrap regalo de Navidad!!

Looks like the carnival has come to town for the holidays.



This store, called La Cava, looks like a cave. It is an abarrote (grocery) store, but they have two tables out back where hombres are often sitting having a few cervezas.


This is by far not a record.


I think we have seen 5 on a scooter…kids up front, ninos on laps and no helmets for anyone. Doph.

This last photo is looking Norte up calle Carrizal towards the mountains and the menacing sky. No rain here though!!


Dinner was chorizo quesadillas (lo siento padre).

Manana? Gym. Domingo? Mojon and surfing por mi novia!!

Hasta luego





No comments:

Post a Comment