Jueves Diciembre 16, 2010


Jueves has come and gone!!

A full day, including several hours at Mojon where Bexico may have had her BEST day ever at surfing and where I spent some time with the machete working on some weeds!!


But first…today was the first day since the end of September that we awoke and it was completely overcast!! Kinda dark without the sol!! La Crucecita stayed mainly overcast with a few sunny breaks, while Mojon was mainly sunny with some cloudy periods. We did see some very dark clouds over the mountains, but did not experience any precipitation.

It was off to the gym where I used this phrase “un regalo de buena salud para Juan Manuel”…a get well gift for Juan Manuel. Rosa’s hijo still has a touch of the flu, and I thought a box of Cruz Azul chewing gum with stickers and posters, might cheer him up. Rosa was very appreciative!!

Great workout and I assisted Francisco #2 with understanding the verb “reach”. He heard it in an Ingles song…”your eyes reach out to me” and wanted to understand what that meant.

Misc photo…


M&M Anonymous might be in order?

Popped to see the boys and Pepe asked me if I would take his photo (again). Pepe looks like Chi Chi Rodriguez or Lee Trevino, both golfers. Anyway, I told him I would, but…his face was better suited for radio. It took a second, but Sergio and Lalo broke out laughing…almost crying. Sergio translated the joke and Pepe had a laugh. It was one of the few Ingles jokes that makes sense once translated!!

I do enjoy hanging with the boys…but I could not sit around waiting for customers as they sometimes do for a full day.

On that note, for a very religious country, they do not take off trabajo on Navidad. They are all working, including Che being open. I guess government workers get Christmas bonuses, and shops want to be open trying to capitalize on this extra $$??

Here are some photos from the walk home.

Two photos from the “what’s for sale in the back of the truck” series.



The first one is nice hand made baskets and the such, while the second one shows the boys unloading their furniture at the park (where there is always something for sale!!).

What is in this building?


The biblioteca…the library!! Small, but we will check it out and give you an update. Stay tuned.


UPDATE

The grande palettas do not meet expectations…won’t be buying those again and will be “gifting” the one we have left!! Lol

After coming home we turned it around and hit Mojon. Cloudy all the way there but as mentioned, it was sunny there!! Copalita was a quick inspection of the truck bed, and nothing on the way home.

Bexico did GREAT on the board, popping up quickly was the primero improvement she accomplished and it showed. Some better waves will allow her to practice actual surfing vs riding the white water into the beach. How exciting!!

Me? A 200ft boogie board run off of what felt like a 10-15 foot wave!!! Awesome!! And then I went about catching Hermit Crabs and Beach Crabs…and NO other crabs!!

Bexico was doing so well, that she stayed in the water for hours and we did not end up leaving Mojon until 5pm…the sun was setting!!

A pit stop at Che…rumor has it someone broke in last night…picked up a roti and a few bags of M&Ms for mi novia!!

And you re up to date!!

Manana? I finally will drop off the documents to Lanny. I got them photo copied today…and was asked una pregunta that I did not understand. I asked the counter gal to repeat it and afterwards I replied “no nessecito” to her asking me if I needed a recibo…a receipt!! It’s all coming together….slowly!!

Manana I am also taking Jay and Krista to the aeropuerto. Nice peeps (in case they are reading the blog…lol) and hope to see them down here again soon.

Only ocho dias mas until Navidad…crazy!!

MISC

Feliz Cumpleanos to my nephew Eric!!

Desmond and Michelle’s (and family of course) card took around 2 weeks to get here. Not bad. ..you still have time to send those New Years cards and we will get them on time. Heck, you can go on line to Pamitcards.ca, look up Supertoons (Bexico’s company) and buy your cards there!!

Until manana!!




No comments:

Post a Comment