Lunes Diciembre 20, 2010


Howdy everyone!!

It is Lunes Diciembre 20, 2010!! Only cinqo dias mas until Navidad!!

Mac update…iPhoto still does not work and we are wary of the online suggestion of completely deleting the hard drive and starting new. So…we download the new photos on to Bexico’s Mac, I then chose the ones for the blog, and then USB key them to my Mac.

I cannot currently import photos to iPhoto, nor look at the ones in my library, in full screen. Not sure why but will resolve this once we are back in Vancouver.

Ayer was Domingo…that meant Mojon. It also meant Feliz Aniversario por mi Madre y Padre!!! Cincuenta y tres anos!! Congratulations on 53 years of marriage!! We had a quick iChat anoche to say this face to face. Glad I called them when I did otherwise I would have been pushed aside for the Survivor finale!! lol

So ayer, first it was huevos revueltos con tocino. Then we loaded up and hit the road. We were not inspected at Copalita, coming or going. We have bought a 6 pack of Coca (also known as coca-normal I found out hoy) and will give it to the military hombres when we pass through on Navidad.

We had a fun day at Mojon, but the waves were just not right for surfing and boogie board. They were either HUGE waves breaking right in shore, or you could not get out to where they were breaking off shore. Board breakers or body bruisers I think they are called.

So we chilled and had a few oceano dips and walks.

And I received an otra sting from an avispa!! And this one was on my chest, but under my right arm. It hurt like h.e.double hockey sticks!! Ayer, all that was left was a very red mark the size of a dime. Anoche it became itchy and ahora, it has swollen to the size of a small bag of M&Ms, is very roja and hot to the touch. Almost like a third pectoral muscle.

We have decided to take anti-histamines with us to the playa as I used to be quite allergic to these things and I am obviously somewhat still allergic.

Not many photos from ayer, but here they are.

Nice flower. RJ…do you know what type?


Do these look like watermelons?



But are pequeno and grow on trees...and are told they are not edible.


After the playa it was a relaxing noche and la cena was some home made pizza made by Bexico. It was really good…so good that I had another poco one esta noche!!

Here is a photo of what I was watching while trying to figure out anoches computer issues.


Domingo Noche Football!!

And while the sink in the bano is out of commission (update later in the blog), here is how we get ready for bed.


Talking about esta noche…full lunar eclipse is tonite….or more like dos a la manana…2 in the morning.

7pm here…time for la cena. Esta noche it is pollo from the new place…looks and smells great. Pollo entero por $60 pesos. We are also having papas and Bexico is having some broccoli.

Will finish up the blog despues, afterwards. (nuevo palabra…new word for me)

Saludos.

I am back!! We might stick to the pollo from Che. Falls off the bone mucho easier.

Hoy…not much happened. Went to the gym and had a great 30 minute conversation with Rosa…I even understood at least 20 minutes of it!! I also gave her the regalo por her hijo and she was very appreciative.

On the way home, I hit two hardware stores and neither carry the gasket for our el fregador…sink. So I bought some silicone and once I got home, reinstalled the taps and then applied the silicone. Manana I will reinstall the water lines and we are back up and running.

Here are some photos from the walk from the gym to home.

They have many businesses in the industrial section where my gimnasio is located. Any idea what they are selling here?


And these for only $150 pesos?


Came home and had some alberca time. I still cannot believe people feel it is ok to smoke cigarettes and cigars around AND in the alberca while other people are around. No consideration for others…we have asked that Rick and Heidi bring this up at the owners meeting….but our hopes are not high fro resolution.

After applying the silicone to the sink, Bexico and I went for a walk to check out this weeks hours of operations at the Huatulco fitness (my gimnasio is closed 24, 25 y 26), pick up some veggies y the pollo.

Here are some photos from this walk.

The mini-dulceria…on a wheelbarrow of course.


We popped into the mall to check the movies for Miercoles. Here is the cinema.


Only one movie in Ingles this Wednesday, and still want to see this one sometime!!


The Tamarindos have pulled over another taxi.


I am sure he deserved to be pulled over, but not the huge fine that will accompany this.

Hmmmm…I looked this up in the dictionary. It has the same meaning in Ingles.


Here is another for the Mexicoism collection. This is the emergency phone number posted outside the Cruz Roja (Red Cross).


And here is the emergency phone number (which states it includes Cruz Roja) posted outside the Bomberos.


I guess either will work. Hope we don't have to find out!!

Saint Nick visiting the zocalo.


More hard working hombres taking a break…


After doing a full day of this.


They push these hand carts ALL around town hoping someone will buy some or all. Earlier we saw a cart almost empty...someone had a good sales day!!

And last but not least….


This nino had just been read the riot act by his madre, who was running a ropa store. I liked the look on his face...and the hair product. All the hombres have hair product!!

So you are all caught up. No big plans manana, but we will hit the playa on Miercoles…not sure if it will be Mojon or La Bocana.

Hasta luego amigos.








No comments:

Post a Comment